Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I read issue #7 and I liked it. Spike works better here because he's given more range.

I dislike Fred's new backstory but her getting magic might be worth. Lorne is pretty much the same but Lilah is something else.

Im seeing why some critics dislike Lilith.

Extraordinary Member

This was alright but nothing happened, so hopefully the story picks up quicker now. The dialogue worked well enough to make it an interesting read but I just could not get Fred in this issue to fit with the idea I have of her from the show.

I do not have a problem with Lilith other than she just seems to used to move the plot along, but it is inconsistent. She sends them exactly where they need to go to find one person, but she can't just tell them where the other person is? Unless that is the problem people have with her.

Issue #8 was a fun but quick read. I hate to say it but Spike is a more interesting lead than Angel. I wish he had his own series.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-19-2019 at 05:42 AM.

So Angel is back. Finally.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...ike-9-preview/
    And it looks like Kate is back
    Last edited by Denirac; 02-25-2020 at 06:11 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    So Angel is back. Finally.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...ike-9-preview/
    And it looks like Kate is back
    So far the crossover/connection with Buffy hasn't added a lot to Angel so I'm hoping this signals a change.

Spike could help Angel be a better character.
    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This was alright but nothing happened, so hopefully the story picks up quicker now. The dialogue worked well enough to make it an interesting read but I just could not get Fred in this issue to fit with the idea I have of her from the show.

I do not have a problem with Lilith other than she just seems to used to move the plot along, but it is inconsistent. She sends them exactly where they need to go to find one person, but she can't just tell them where the other person is? Unless that is the problem people have with her.
    Yeah it's a common complaint in the AIPT review.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-25-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    So far the crossover/connection with Buffy hasn't added a lot to Angel so I'm hoping this signals a change.

Spike could help Angel be a better character.

Yeah it is especially on Adventures in poor taste.
    The Crossover with Buffy used Angel as a Plot Device and nothing more. From what we've seen of Jordie Bellaire's Buffy, all I feel is like is that Spike's a Lovesick Puppy and Angel's a Plot Device. Her Buffy and the Core Scooby Gang are okay, but her Angel and Spike are rough
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    The Crossover with Buffy used Angel as a Plot Device and nothing more. From what we've seen of Jordie Bellaire's Buffy, all I feel is like is that Spike's a Lovesick Puppy and Angel's a Plot Device. Her Buffy and the Core Scooby Gang are okay, but her Angel and Spike are rough
    I know im just wondering if Hill could do something worthwhile with the Buffy connections.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm seeing in the solicits that they are now "Team Spike," as if the title change and making him a regular weren't eye rolling enough. Hill writes Spike more tolerable than he usually is from what I've seen, but with how decompressed this series is I wish we'd get more time with Angel and the new versions of his crew before bringing Spike in on a permanent basis (if at all).

On a little more of a positive note, nice to see Kate getting attention. i always wished she'd come back to the show.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 02-27-2020 at 11:44 AM.

She did appear early on in the IDW comics but i don't think they did anything special with her.

Fun fact- had Elizabeth Rohm stayed on as Kate, her character would have went in a different direction to Epiphany. TVTROPES described as more akin to her becoming a part of Holtz's crew in season 3. But maybe in s4/5 she could've redeemed herself?

Hopefully she gets a good role here. Before the crossover i thought she would be like Robin- a romantic false lead but that could change.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-02-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She did appear early on in the IDW comics but i don't think they did anything special or anything with her.

Fun fact- had Elizabeth Rohm stayed on as Kate, her character would have went in a different direction to Epiphany. TVTROPES described as more akin to her becoming a part of Holtz's crew in season 3. But maybe in s4/5 she could've redeemed herself?

Hopefully she gets a good role here. Before the crossover i thought she would be like Robin- a romantic false lead but that could change.
    I do remember reading that Justine's arc and ties to Holtz were originally meant for Kate. I would have vastly preferred that, and I would hope they would give her a good redemption arc instead of writing her out quickly like Justine. I think she was also meant to have a twisted father/daughter dynamic with Holtz in place of the abused girlfriend angle they went with for Justine.

The show took a serious hit when the actors for Kate, Darla, Lindsey and Drusilla had to leave due to scheduling conflicts in late season 2. The Pylea arc was fun, but I wish we could have gotten the original planned ending for season 2 because that is my second favorite season (after 5).

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I do remember reading that Justine's arc and ties to Holtz were originally meant for Kate. I would have vastly preferred that, and I would hope they would give her a good redemption arc instead of writing her out quickly like Justine. I think she was also meant to have a twisted father/daughter dynamic with Holtz in place of the abused girlfriend angle they went with for Justine.

The show took a serious hit when the actors for Kate, Darla, Lindsey and Drusilla had to leave due to scheduling conflicts in late season 2. The Pylea arc was fun, but I wish we could have gotten the original planned ending for season 2 because that is my second favorite season (after 5).
    Do you know what that was?

Angel #16 solicits confirm the Series Ends there, however Zac Thompson has been talking about plans beyond that and how #14-16 are to wrap Hill's Run before doing his own thing.

Also: OZ!!!!!
    Last edited by Denirac; 09-02-2020 at 07:06 AM.
    Pull List:

I liked issue 13 of Angel. Its a period piece set in the 50s and i wish they did more of that.

It's a bummer about issue #16 being the end. Here's hoping for a volume 2.

I'm meh about Oz but him leading a pack could be interesting.

Edit- https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...ike-14-oz/amp/

Preview of issue 14.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-09-2020 at 06:24 AM.

I liked issue 13 of Angel. Its a period piece set in the 50s and i wish they did more of that.

It's a bummer about issue #16 being the end. Here's hoping for a volume 2.

I'm meh about Oz but him leading a pack could be interesting.

Edit- https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...ike-14-oz/amp/

Preview of issue 14.
    Zack Thompson already confirmed that Boom have plans to continue Angel.
    Pull List:

Pull List: