Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Angel #0 announced: Boom studios surprise launching new buffyverse book

Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

I added this book to my pull list as soon as I saw the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    I added this book to my pull list as soon as I saw the announcement.
    I was on to my LCS adding War of The Realms stuff to my pull list, I saw Angel and added it immediately, My LCS are being kind enough to reserve a copy of #0 for me
    Pull List:

I'm pretty excited for Captain Forehead's big debut. I'm curious if he's gonna be a solo-act at the start or is he gonna have a support system already.

Anyone else read Angel yet?
    Pull List:

https://www.newsarama.com/44808-best...w-angel-0.html

not yet- I read digitally so its gonna be the 1st of May for me.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/44808-best...w-angel-0.html

not yet- I read digitally so its gonna be the 1st of May for me.
    Funny Timing, I just got a reply from Bryan Edward Hill: He confirmed certain old faces today are coming back- J August Richards read the Book and tweeted about it, to which he replied with a statement saying wait until his plans for Gunn’s return, for me he confirmed plans for: WESLEY, LORNE, FAITH and LINDSEY MCDONALD
    Pull List:

I'm hoping Gunn gets better material this time around. I liked him in the show but he felt lacking.

I'm really curious about how Wesley and Faith are gonna be handled.

I'm hoping Gunn gets better material this time around. I liked him in the show but he felt lacking.

I'm really curious about how Wesley and Faith are gonna be handled.
    I’m interested in seeing how Hill uses Lindsey and which version we get: Lawyer who gets beaten up all the time or Season 5 Lindsey

Also As For That Review You linked, The Self Harm bothered me but I’ve passed it off as Angel before he was given the Good Influence of Angel Investigations, Buffy and the rest of the Scoobies
    Last edited by Denirac; 04-18-2019 at 06:05 AM.
    Pull List:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...m-studios.html

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...ic-just-8.html

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I’m interested in seeing how Hill uses Lindsey and which version we get: Lawyer who gets beaten up all the time or Season 5 Lindsey

Also As For That Review You linked, The Self Harm bothered me but I’ve passed it off as Angel before he was given the Good Influence of Angel Investigations, Buffy and the rest of the Scoobies
    I guess he can be somewhere in the middle, the lawyer who could get his hands dirty when he wants too.

EDIT-http://www.multiversitycomics.com/reviews/angel-0/

https://bamsmackpow.com/2019/04/19/angel-no-0-review/
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-21-2019 at 11:21 AM.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...m-studios.html

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...ic-just-8.html

I guess he can be somewhere in the middle, the lawyer who could get his hands dirty when he wants too.

EDIT-http://www.multiversitycomics.com/reviews/angel-0/

https://bamsmackpow.com/2019/04/19/angel-no-0-review/
    To Be Honest Lindsey is one of the few characters I’d be ok with them introducing like he was in season 5 and filling his story with Angel in as Backstory, since Angel’s in LA before Buffy anyway.
    Just say he’s Former Golden Boy of W&H who left to go find himself and has a Severe grudge against Angel for his Hand
    Last edited by Denirac; 04-21-2019 at 04:08 PM.
    Pull List:

To Be Honest Lindsey is one of the few characters I’d be ok with them introducing like he was in season 5 and filling his story with Angel in as Backstory, since Angel’s in LA before Buffy anyway.
    Just say he’s Former Golden Boy of W&H who left to go find himself and has a Severe grudge against Angel for his Hand
    His arc in season 5 was defined by Angel getting Wolfram & Hart so starting from there doesn't make much sense to me.

His arc in season 5 was defined by Angel getting Wolfram & Hart so starting from there doesn't make much sense to me.
    The Main Reason was that, but his Grudge against Angel was also over his Hand and Darla anyway
    Pull List:

The Main Reason was that, but his Grudge against Angel was also over his Hand and Darla anyway
    Fair enough, we'll just have to wait and see how Lindsey turns out. I'm more worried/curious/interested about how Wesley and Faith are gonna be brought in. Their journeys are more informed by their experiences on Buffy so it'll be interesting to see how they are formed without it.

I'm glad Angel got a comic but I didn't like it dovetailing into Buffy's story so soon. Unless Angel is now mostly a prequel or will be the other side to the Drussila arc, letting us what's going on when Buffy isn't around.

I thought it would have been funny if they traded a character with the buffy reboot. Just to see if a character would be different in different circumstances. I was thinking Gunn/Fred for Robin/Anya/Amy.

I'm curious about the new characters and how they would fare. IDW's Angel comics had some great additions so I'm hoping Boom can match.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-24-2019 at 03:00 PM.