Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Yeah i loved it, also News: GUNN TO DEBUT IN #4
    I like the pun with his name.

You think the woman in the first panel is Fred or Willow? I'm 50/50 either way.

Mighty Member

Finally got started on this series properly just today, when my LCS was able to hook me up with issues 1 and two at last. I like this a lot better than the Buffy reboot so far. The voice for Angel is a little bit different, but in a way that invokes the noir tropes the show liked to play with from time to time. Also, Fred! I can't imagine this story will use Wesley, at least anytime soon, but Fred and Gunn make it feel more like home.

And honestly, the most interesting character so far is Lilith. She is serving in the Doyle role for now, which makes me wonder if we'll see that character or an analog. But, more intriguingly, she appears to actually be THE Lilith. And yet she's helping Angel, and has a thing for redemption cases. There is a story there, and I for one hope we get to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I like the pun with his name.

You think the woman in the first panel is Fred or Willow? I'm 50/50 either way.
    Considering shortly afterwards Fred performs magic, with the same green glowing eyes and everything, I'd say Fred is the safest bet. Also, the fact that Fred is an Angel character, while Willow is a Buffy character.

The last of the three prophesy panels is the one that interests me. The blonde love interest is obviously supposed to invoke Buffy. But we've been getting otherwise unrelated backstory on this blonde hunter whom Angelus turned back in his glory days. Chekhov's Gun being what it is, and delicious Gunn pun aside, that last panel could easily be Mara and not Buffy. I, for one, am getting a strong Darla vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Finally got started on this series properly just today, when my LCS was able to hook me up with issues 1 and two at last. I like this a lot better than the Buffy reboot so far. The voice for Angel is a little bit different, but in a way that invokes the noir tropes the show liked to play with from time to time. Also, Fred! I can't imagine this story will use Wesley, at least anytime soon, but Fred and Gunn make it feel more like home.

And honestly, the most interesting character so far is Lilith. She is serving in the Doyle role for now, which makes me wonder if we'll see that character or an analog. But, more intriguingly, she appears to actually be THE Lilith. And yet she's helping Angel, and has a thing for redemption cases. There is a story there, and I for one hope we get to read it.

Considering shortly afterwards Fred performs magic, with the same green glowing eyes and everything, I'd say Fred is the safest bet. Also, the fact that Fred is an Angel character, while Willow is a Buffy character.

The last of the three prophesy panels is the one that interests me. The blonde love interest is obviously supposed to invoke Buffy. But we've been getting otherwise unrelated backstory on this blonde hunter whom Angelus turned back in his glory days. Chekhov's Gun being what it is, and delicious Gunn pun aside, that last panel could easily be Mara and not Buffy. I, for one, am getting a strong Darla vibe.
    I'm not sure Doyle or Lorne would pop up. Those characters were retired after their respective actors died in real life but I could be wrong (maybe Doyle gets a redesign or they use Whistler instead?).

I thought it could be Willow because her hair was colored red in the panel but yeah it's more likely Fred. I didn't think the woman in the third panel could be Mara.

I'm mixed on both reboots so far but Angel is a bit weaker because of the crossover. I rather it was more seperate from Buffy in Sunnydale for a while longer.

I'm not sure Doyle or Lorne would pop up. Those characters were retired after their respective actors died in real life but I could be wrong (maybe Doyle gets a redesign or they use Whistler instead?).

I thought it could be Willow because her hair was colored red in the panel but yeah it's more likely Fred. I didn't think the woman in the third panel could be Mara.

I'm mixed on both reboots so far but Angel is a bit weaker because of the crossover. I rather it was more seperate from Buffy in Sunnydale for a while longer.
    I asked Hill about Lorne and Doyle (along with Wes, Faith and Lindsey), he hinted at plans
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I asked Hill about Lorne and Doyle (along with Wes, Faith and Lindsey), he hinted at plans
    Lindsey makes sense. Wesley I'll be curious to see how they approach. I bet he starts closer to where he began on Angel than where he began on Buffy. But you never know.

Faith, though. How would that even work? Faith's entire existence hinges on a plot point that, so far at least, doesn't exist in the comic universe. No reason they couldn't repeat it, I suppose. But that would feel... repetitive. So do you do a Faith who isn't a Slayer? They had better not make her a vamp or a demon. I personally feel like it's a character they are better off staying away from, even though she's one of my top 3 Buffyverse characters. Though I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Lindsey makes sense. Wesley I'll be curious to see how they approach. I bet he starts closer to where he began on Angel than where he began on Buffy. But you never know.

Faith, though. How would that even work? Faith's entire existence hinges on a plot point that, so far at least, doesn't exist in the comic universe. No reason they couldn't repeat it, I suppose. But that would feel... repetitive. So do you do a Faith who isn't a Slayer? They had better not make her a vamp or a demon. I personally feel like it's a character they are better off staying away from, even though she's one of my top 3 Buffyverse characters. Though I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.
    Buffy dying in Hellmouth temporarily would appoint another Slayer, if they skip Kendra then Faith’s up
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

I imagine they would have Nikki be Buffy's immediate predecessor or at least move her closer in the line of succession than she was in the show.

So them skipping Kendra for Faith feels likely.

EDIT- https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/boom-s...in-new-angel-4

Preview for issue #4
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-27-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Pull List:

Issue 4 is pretty good but we will have to wait till next issue to meet Gunn fully. It did lay a hint about Wesley and Faith and what role they have to play.

I'm listening to the podcast right now. Nice find Denirac.

Issue 4 is pretty good but we will have to wait till next issue to meet Gunn fully. It did lay a hint about Wesley and Faith and what role they have to play.

I'm listening to the podcast right now. Nice find Denirac.
    Thanks, I’m not sure if that was a Hint at Faith but it was absolutely a Wesley reference, That Podcast also indicates Lorne is coming back soon
    Also from Gleb Melinkov’s twitter- A Preview for #5:
    6580CBB5-AD62-45F1-8FFE-0915004B4AFA.jpg
    Pull List:

This might be weird but I wanna see Fee-fee come back. Lorne might be a good way to bring her back in Angel's orbit.

This might be weird but I wanna see Fee-fee come back. Lorne might be a good way to bring her back in Angel's orbit.
    I’d rather we get Lorne and Lindsey first, Hell I’d rather get Lilah and Eve back too before Fee-fee
    Pull List:

Our Boy finally meets Buffy in The Prelude to Hellmouth
    https://www.cbr.com/buffy-the-vampir...iew-exclusive/
    Pull List:

Angel pops up in Buffy issue#8. The other thread has the preview.

Regarding Fee-Fee- It's not that I want her over other more popular characters. I just don't want her and Helen to be forgotten and pushed aside for the ol' favorites. If Fee-Fee pops up at Lorne's nightclub or Angel runs into Helen's sister I'd be down for that.

Letterless Angel #5 Preview starring Gunn
    https://comicbook.com/comics/2019/08...ive-preview/#4
    Pull List: