Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I wonder if the last two pages are a flashback to Gunn's childhood?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wonder if the last two pages are a flashback to Gunn's childhood?
    Start of his Feud with Vamps most likely, also he’s an internet celebrity now
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

The preview noted he was a solo vampire hunter so maybe his gang isn't in the reboot.

The preview noted he was a solo vampire hunter so maybe his gang isn't in the reboot.
    It said he’s the face of LA’s supernatural crime fighting underground, I’d say they’re around just not so associated with him
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    It said he’s the face of LA’s supernatural crime fighting underground, I’d say they’re around just not so associated with him
    Probably for the best as he can be apart of team Angel faster.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...usive-preview/

Preview of issue #5 today. I read it and it's alright.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...ith-hellmouth/
    New interview with Bryan Edward Hill.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...usive-preview/

Preview of issue #5 today. I read it and it's alright.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...ith-hellmouth/
    New interview with Bryan Edward Hill.
    I really liked this issue even if the entire focus was on Gunn- It really fleshed him out
    Pull List:

It was a good "bridge" issue between the last arc and the crossover. The crossover has been a double edge sword for Angel so far so I'm hoping it rocks.

Im hoping Fred and Gunn get a breather issue where you get to see them take a case on without Angel.

Fred being a future witch is gonna take some getting used to. I'm hoping her magic is something specific like probabilty magic.

Lilith needs more to do than being "exposition chick".

Apparently Angel was not much older than Buffy and her friends when he got turned.

In the FCBD special Anya and Angel know each other from before so I'm hoping that gets some payoff.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I saw the first trade of this at my LCS. I'm thinking of picking this up at some point, or at least keeping tabs on it for a bit. Not much of the BtVS side of things is doing much for me from what I know, but I like what I'm seeing for Angel. Refreshing after Joss and the DH comics **** all over him and his side of things. The usage of Lilith is also very cool. If they are using more "real world" mythology and occult figures, I'm down.

Apparently Angel was not much older than Buffy and her friends when he got turned.
    Probably for the best really, Liam being 26 when he was turned is the one major thing I would change as a diehard B/A fan. All the supernatural stuff and Angel still being very much into throughout the show makes it much less squicky than an actual 26 year old dating a high schooler. But Angel being in the 18-20 range would be be preferable.

It was a good "bridge" issue between the last arc and the crossover. The crossover has been a double edge sword for Angel so far so I'm hoping it rocks.

Im hoping Fred and Gunn get a breather issue where you get to see them take a case on without Angel.

Fred being a future witch is gonna take some getting used to. I'm hoping her magic is something specific like probabilty magic.

Lilith needs more to do than being "exposition chick".

In the FCBD special Anya and Angel know each other from before so I'm hoping that gets some payoff.
    The Angel Hellmouth tieins are all about Fred, Gunn and Spike
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    The Angel Hellmouth tieins are all about Fred, Gunn and Spike
    I'm talking about in general. Either in the crossover or after, they should get an issue on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I saw the first trade of this at my LCS. I'm thinking of picking this up at some point, or at least keeping tabs on it for a bit. Not much of the BtVS side of things is doing much for me from what I know, but I like what I'm seeing for Angel. Refreshing after Joss and the DH comics **** all over him and his side of things. The usage of Lilith is also very cool. If they are using more "real world" mythology and occult figures, I'm down.

Probably for the best really, Liam being 26 when he was turned is the one major thing I would change as a diehard B/A fan. All the supernatural stuff and Angel still being very much into throughout the show makes it much less squicky than an actual 26 year old dating a high schooler. But Angel being in the 18-20 range would be be preferable.
    I liked the Angel DH stories. Whistler's comeback was pretty cool. I liked Magic Town and watching Angel literally become a champion of the people felt like a good end to his series arc. I'm behind on series 12 but a time travel romp with Illyria was fun.

The big issue was Angel becoming twilight and thats more of a square hole in a round peg. I would have preferred Riley or Pike (from the movie).

The IDW Angel stuff was great. I liked Brian Lynch's Spike miniseries.

Ironically im not a big fan of the buffy/angel ship. I first got into them through Angel reruns so i just saw it as cut and dry. I rather they not rush into it and explore other relationships first but oh well.

I liked the Angel DH stories. Whistler's comeback was pretty cool. I liked Magic Town and watching Angel literally become a champion of the people felt like a good end to his series arc. I'm behind on series 12 but a time travel romp with Illyria was fun.

The big issue was Angel becoming twilight and thats more of a square hole in a round peg. I would have preferred Riley or Pike (from the movie).

The IDW Angel stuff was great. I liked Brian Lynch's Spike miniseries.

Ironically im not a big fan of the buffy/angel ship. I first got into them through Angel reruns so i just saw it as cut and dry. I rather they not rush into it and explore other relationships first but oh well.
    I mainly meant this, it was a travesty. I read a few of Christos Gage's Angel & Faith issues and I think those were pretty solid. I do not envy him the task of salvaging that crap, but he did the best he could. S8 kind of ruined everything Angel for me afterwards though, in addition to just not being very good overall aside from Brian K. Vaughn's Faith arc.

Lynch's Angel comics were pretty great though. A much better continuation of their respective show.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for the B/A romance. Only alternative I really love is Angel/Darla, but that one isn't designed to be an endgame. Seriously I am a 29 year old man, and I turned into a squeeing 13 year old girl at the "you will find love and pain in Sunnydale" panel with the blonde silhouette of Buffy lol.

Anyway, I got the first volume of this at the shop yesterday. Too quick of a read, but I really enjoyed it while it lasted and am eager for more. Angel (with a soul) was on point in both characterization and voice. I feel he's in good hands with Hill. Angelus on the other hand may take some getting used to. The point is to do things differently I know, but I love Angelus as the seductive, manipulative and sadistic Hannibal Lecter-like devil figure. A seemingly fanatical leader of a vampire doomsday cult (?) is certainly a different take, though their outfits and masks were pretty cool lol. I'm interested in learning more about Mara. But I hope she isn't a replacement for Darla or anything.

Lilith being Angel's patron goddess is very cool. The canon Buffyverse basically did its own thing with fashioning a lore for demons and heavenly beings, but I hope this continues to pull from real world mythologies and folklore. Like will we get actual angels in this?

Fred being a sorceress I'm not so sure about, but I will see where it goes. Also one of the solicited alternate covers coming up showed a full group shot with Lorne and characters who I think were Wesley (or Doyle?) and Cordelia. I hope we get the full gang sooner rather than later, and I'm interested in seeing this version of W&H if they are in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I mainly meant this, it was a travesty. I read a few of Christos Gage's Angel & Faith issues and I think those were pretty solid. I do not envy him the task of salvaging that crap, but he did the best he could. S8 kind of ruined everything Angel for me afterwards though, in addition to just not being very good overall aside from Brian K. Vaughn's Faith arc.

Lynch's Angel comics were pretty great though. A much better continuation of their respective show.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for the B/A romance. Only alternative I really love is Angel/Darla, but that one isn't designed to be an endgame. Seriously I am a 29 year old man, and I turned into a squeeing 13 year old girl at the "you will find love and pain in Sunnydale" panel with the blonde silhouette of Buffy lol.

Anyway, I got the first volume of this at the shop yesterday. Too quick of a read, but I really enjoyed it while it lasted and am eager for more. Angel (with a soul) was on point in both characterization and voice. I feel he's in good hands with Hill. Angelus on the other hand may take some getting used to. The point is to do things differently I know, but I love Angelus as the seductive, manipulative and sadistic Hannibal Lecter-like devil figure. A seemingly fanatical leader of a vampire doomsday cult (?) is certainly a different take, though their outfits and masks were pretty cool lol. I'm interested in learning more about Mara. But I hope she isn't a replacement for Darla or anything.

Lilith being Angel's patron goddess is very cool. The canon Buffyverse basically did its own thing with fashioning a lore for demons and heavenly beings, but I hope this continues to pull from real world mythologies and folklore. Like will we get actual angels in this?

Fred being a sorceress I'm not so sure about, but I will see where it goes. Also one of the solicited alternate covers coming up showed a full group shot with Lorne and characters who I think were Wesley (or Doyle?) and Cordelia. I hope we get the full gang sooner rather than later, and I'm interested in seeing this version of W&H if they are in the cards.
    can you link to the cover? I'd like to see it.

I keep thinking the redhead in the Angelus flashbacks is gonna be Darla. If not then I saw Mara as being a flip on Darla, similar role but opposite angle.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-29-2019 at 02:00 PM.

can you link to the cover? I'd like to see it.

I keep thinking the redhead in the Angelus flashbacks is gonna be Darla. If not then I saw Mara as being a flip on Darla, similar role but opposite angle.
    The red head could be Darla, that might be interesting. May mean she's not a love interest anymore, Angel is only a fool for blondes

Think this an alternate for #6. I also linked to a podcast with Bryan Hill where he pretty much confirms that Wolfram and Hart exist, and we will be seeing Lorne.

http://butwhythopodcast.libsyn.com/i...an-edward-hill

Angel Cover.jpg

So I know for sure we have Spike (ugh-but maybe I'll like him here), Gunn, Fred and Lorne. I'm thinking the other two are either Wesley or Doyle and Cordelia. Unless they are new characters?