Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The red head could be Darla, that might be interesting. May mean she's not a love interest anymore, Angel is only a fool for blondes

Think this an alternate for #6. I also linked to a podcast with Bryan Hill where he pretty much confirms that Wolfram and Hart exist, and we will be seeing Lorne.

http://butwhythopodcast.libsyn.com/i...an-edward-hill

Attachment 87642

So I know for sure we have Spike (ugh-but maybe I'll like him here), Gunn, Fred and Lorne. I'm thinking the other two are either Wesley or Doyle and Cordelia. Unless they are new characters?
    Thanks.

It could be Faith rather than Cordelia because Cordy's blond and looks more like Charisma Carpenter but I'm probably wrong.

The dude could be Wes or Doyle but I'm leaning towards Wes. Doyle could replace Merle as Angel's informant. it could go either way but I dont see it being someone new.

I actually don't mind new characters. The IDW ones were pretty cool.

I actually don't hate Spike's portrayal that much. On the other hand Drusilla lost all of her unique qualities and feels Darla-like.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Thanks.

It could be Faith rather than Cordelia because Cordy's blond and looks more like Charisma Carpenter but I'm probably wrong.

The dude could be Wes or Doyle but I'm leaning towards Wes. Doyle could replace Merle as Angel's informant. it could go either way but I dont see it being someone new.

I actually don't mind new characters. The IDW ones were pretty cool.

I actually don't hate Spike's portrayal that much. On the other hand Drusilla lost all of her unique qualities and feels Darla-like.
    Yeah, I feel like both of these characters are someone we know. I hope it's Cordy since the rest of the core group is there.

Canon Spike is actually my most hated character from season 5 onward (he's great in BTVS seasons 2-4). I actually don't know much about him in the BOOM BTVS comic, but Hill doesn't have any baggage as a Spike writer so maybe he can make me tolerate him again lol. What I know of BOOM Drusilla leaves much to be desired though. It's like they combined the Master, Darla and Drusilla and instead of three great characters we get one so-so one.

Speaking of the Master, Angelus mentions a Master in the flashback. I wonder if it's that Master?

Yeah, I feel like both of these characters are someone we know. I hope it's Cordy since the rest of the core group is there.

Canon Spike is actually my most hated character from season 5 onward (he's great in BTVS seasons 2-4). I actually don't know much about him in the BOOM BTVS comic, but Hill doesn't have any baggage as a Spike writer so maybe he can make me tolerate him again lol. What I know of BOOM Drusilla leaves much to be desired though. It's like they combined the Master, Darla and Drusilla and instead of three great characters we get one so-so one.

Speaking of the Master, Angelus mentions a Master in the flashback. I wonder if it's that Master?
    Maybe Drusilla killed him and took the title for herself?

I agree about your assessment over reboot Drusilla. Angelus was more Joker but now he's Ra's al Ghul. Maybe next reboot he'll be Bane ?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-30-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-02-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Mighty Member

With the incredibly underwhelming debut of Hellmouth, I'm officially out. I've dropped all three books and won't be back.

There just isn't any there, here. These are slow, poorly developed books cashing in on characters that deserve better. That in no way earned a crossover event with the build up in either book, and are now trying to exploit the readership with a third title where nothing meaningful happens. Hopefully anybody still enjoying these gets more out of them than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    With the incredibly underwhelming debut of Hellmouth, I'm officially out. I've dropped all three books and won't be back.

There just isn't any there, here. These are slow, poorly developed books cashing in on characters that deserve better. That in no way earned a crossover event with the build up in either book, and are now trying to exploit the readership with a third title where nothing meaningful happens. Hopefully anybody still enjoying these gets more out of them than I did.
    I get it and I'm in the same boat. I'd probably trade wait Angel or binge it later on.

Extraordinary Member

I am scratching my head wondering what Boom is thinking. Angel is not even solicited after December (which is not surprising since the advertising for Hellmouth did not list anything).

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am scratching my head wondering what Boom is thinking. Angel is not even solicited after December (which is not surprising since the advertising for Hellmouth did not list anything).
    It could be that Angel is skipping a month but it doesn't bode well.

I'm hoping they are skipping a month due to something with Hellmouth needing to be done first. Maybe the next issue of Angel would spoil things?

I hope it's doing well. It's not perfect, but it's been a breath of fresh air after the Dark Horse crap, for both Angel himself and his cast. I even liked Spike in the last issue, which is a Herculean feat (not liking Lilith saying he's not quite evil though. Spike's an evil demon, please treat him as such).

So apparently that is Lilah at the end there leading the kidnapping of Fred. So that means we will see Wolfram and Hart, but I wonder what this "Baphomet" stuff is about. Is he one of the Senior Partners?

I'm hoping they are skipping a month due to something with Hellmouth needing to be done first. Maybe the next issue of Angel would spoil things?

I hope it's doing well. It's not perfect, but it's been a breath of fresh air after the Dark Horse crap, for both Angel himself and his cast. I even liked Spike in the last issue, which is a Herculean feat (not liking Lilith saying he's not quite evil though. Spike's an evil demon, please treat him as such).

So apparently that is Lilah at the end there leading the kidnapping of Fred. So that means we will see Wolfram and Hart, but I wonder what this "Baphomet" stuff is about. Is he one of the Senior Partners?
    I thought Baphomet was a client and I didn't think about him actually being one of the senior partners.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/boom-s...series-in-2020

At least we know what's happening with Angel now.

I'm not digging the crossover so this is 50/50 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/boom-s...series-in-2020

At least we know what's happening with Angel now.

I'm not digging the crossover so this is 50/50 for me.
    I’m enjoying the crossover to an extent, plus I like that Spike is finally away from Drusilla so i’m okay with this
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member

I feel like we barely even have a team yet for me to be excited or interested even in the team leader vanishing and a new team leader leading the team through whatever dangers there are. I will just be happy once this crossover is done, it is pushing me really close to just dropping all the books.

Ugh of course fucking Spike has to be inserted into everything. We barely know this version of Angel and his crew, it's too early for him to share the spotlight with Captain Peroxide, if that even needs to happen at all.