Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Captain America (MCU) Vs Thor (MCU) - Stats equalised

MCU Thor is reduced to being the physical equal of MCU Captain America.

How do these fights go between the now physically-equal pair?

1) Hand-to-hand only.

2) Cap has his shield...
    i) Thor has a non-enchanted vibranium version of Mjolnir.
    ii) Thor has Mjolnir as it was in the movies (so he can call it etc). Physical stats still the same.

3) Cap has his shield...
    i) Thor has a non-enchanted vibranium version of Stormbreaker.
    ii) Thor has Stormbreaker as it was in the movies (so the Thanos-piercing kind - how does Cap's shield stack up?). Physical stats still the same.

Comment on whichever fights you wish...

Thor did great against Shield agents in the first Thor movie without his powers and this scenario really makes him stronger and more durable and faster than he was in that situation since he is on Cap's level. There's really nothing to make a decision by except maybe assuming that Thor is not used to fighting with his abilities at Cap's level or with a weapon that suddenly does not do what it normally can do. But Thor again had no problem taking out all those trained Shield agents when he was not used to being on such a reduced level. So again, really nothing to go on.
    Power with Girl is better.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I mean, Thor shows excellent combat skills more than once, probably easily on Cap's level. He's also somewhat bigger than Cap. If you take those two things, then make them equally strong and durable and fast...

1. Thor takes the majority of fight one, H2H, but likely not 10/10.

2. i. Thor probably takes the majority, but Cap ought to get some.
    ii. Thor takes 10/10

3. i. Thor again takes the majority, but Cap will get some.
    ii. Thor takes 10/10
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Cap 10/10.
    Cap fought holding back Loki fairly evenly, whereas holding back Thor had issues with Loki. Means Cap is the superior skilled one against people @ or above his level. Thor is no slouch, but basically any Supersoldier skill feat can be swapped in for the Cap

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Cap 10/10.
    Cap fought holding back Loki fairly evenly, whereas holding back Thor had issues with Loki. Means Cap is the superior skilled one against people @ or above his level. Thor is no slouch, but basically any Supersoldier skill feat can be swapped in for the Cap
    OK, think of how ridiculous what you just said sounds:

Your words:
    1. Cap fought "holding back" Loki fairly evenly. How much do you think that feat matters given that Loki NEEDED to be caught for his plan to go forward?
    2. Loki gave "issues" to a "holding back" Thor. How much of a feat is that for Loki? ESPECIALLY given that each time they tussle, one thing happens when Thor stops "holding back": Loki gets one-shotted.

My 10 year old son can fight evenly with me when I'm holding back. It's not an impressive feat for him, at all.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    OK, think of how ridiculous what you just said sounds:

Your words:
    1. Cap fought "holding back" Loki fairly evenly. How much do you think that feat matters given that Loki NEEDED to be caught for his plan to go forward?
    2. Loki gave "issues" to a "holding back" Thor. How much of a feat is that for Loki? ESPECIALLY given that each time they tussle, one thing happens when Thor stops "holding back": Loki gets one-shotted.

My 10 year old son can fight evenly with me when I'm holding back. It's not an impressive feat for him, at all.
    I dunno man. Your kid is sounding like real Rumbles material. 10 year old son vs a baby mountain goat!

On topic- Steve has more feats of "Back flips! Judo! Kaaaratay!" then Thor, so he might win the h2h battle. Thor is an absolute savant with weapons though. I imagine his style and experience win him any fight involving a weapon in hand.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure