Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Captain America (MCU) Vs Thor (MCU) - Stats equalised

MCU Thor is reduced to being the physical equal of MCU Captain America.

How do these fights go between the now physically-equal pair?

1) Hand-to-hand only.

2) Cap has his shield...
    i) Thor has a non-enchanted vibranium version of Mjolnir.
    ii) Thor has Mjolnir as it was in the movies (so he can call it etc). Physical stats still the same.

3) Cap has his shield...
    i) Thor has a non-enchanted vibranium version of Stormbreaker.
    ii) Thor has Stormbreaker as it was in the movies (so the Thanos-piercing kind - how does Cap's shield stack up?). Physical stats still the same.

Comment on whichever fights you wish...

Thor did great against Shield agents in the first Thor movie without his powers and this scenario really makes him stronger and more durable and faster than he was in that situation since he is on Cap's level. There's really nothing to make a decision by except maybe assuming that Thor is not used to fighting with his abilities at Cap's level or with a weapon that suddenly does not do what it normally can do. But Thor again had no problem taking out all those trained Shield agents when he was not used to being on such a reduced level. So again, really nothing to go on.
    Power with Girl is better.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I mean, Thor shows excellent combat skills more than once, probably easily on Cap's level. He's also somewhat bigger than Cap. If you take those two things, then make them equally strong and durable and fast...

1. Thor takes the majority of fight one, H2H, but likely not 10/10.

2. i. Thor probably takes the majority, but Cap ought to get some.
    ii. Thor takes 10/10

3. i. Thor again takes the majority, but Cap will get some.
    ii. Thor takes 10/10
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Cap 10/10.
    Cap fought holding back Loki fairly evenly, whereas holding back Thor had issues with Loki. Means Cap is the superior skilled one against people @ or above his level. Thor is no slouch, but basically any Supersoldier skill feat can be swapped in for the Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Cap 10/10.
    Cap fought holding back Loki fairly evenly, whereas holding back Thor had issues with Loki. Means Cap is the superior skilled one against people @ or above his level. Thor is no slouch, but basically any Supersoldier skill feat can be swapped in for the Cap
    OK, think of how ridiculous what you just said sounds:

Your words:
    1. Cap fought "holding back" Loki fairly evenly. How much do you think that feat matters given that Loki NEEDED to be caught for his plan to go forward?
    2. Loki gave "issues" to a "holding back" Thor. How much of a feat is that for Loki? ESPECIALLY given that each time they tussle, one thing happens when Thor stops "holding back": Loki gets one-shotted.

My 10 year old son can fight evenly with me when I'm holding back. It's not an impressive feat for him, at all.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    OK, think of how ridiculous what you just said sounds:

Your words:
    1. Cap fought "holding back" Loki fairly evenly. How much do you think that feat matters given that Loki NEEDED to be caught for his plan to go forward?
    2. Loki gave "issues" to a "holding back" Thor. How much of a feat is that for Loki? ESPECIALLY given that each time they tussle, one thing happens when Thor stops "holding back": Loki gets one-shotted.

My 10 year old son can fight evenly with me when I'm holding back. It's not an impressive feat for him, at all.
    I dunno man. Your kid is sounding like real Rumbles material. 10 year old son vs a baby mountain goat!

On topic- Steve has more feats of "Back flips! Judo! Kaaaratay!" then Thor, so he might win the h2h battle. Thor is an absolute savant with weapons though. I imagine his style and experience win him any fight involving a weapon in hand.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I dunno man. Your kid is sounding like real Rumbles material. 10 year old son vs a baby mountain goat!

On topic- Steve has more feats of "Back flips! Judo! Kaaaratay!" then Thor, so he might win the h2h battle. Thor is an absolute savant with weapons though. I imagine his style and experience win him any fight involving a weapon in hand.
    That was basically thebpoint I was making. Steve has done thag movie baxk flip stuff against people way above him and done well because of it. Thor not so much.

Like look how easy Valkyrie took down Loki...and Thor jot so much..

The shield agent's thor took down werent top like may, bobbi, daisy, ward, etc either. He's never fought anyone on that skill level as a human.

Oh, he's quite the machine. :-) My son that is.

For Cap's stuff, sure, that's true, but remember, we only ever see that when Cap is a supersoldier. Thor's fight HtH with the SHIELD agents came with him being a normal, if large and in-shape dude. He didn't have the same stats as Cap, so didn't really have the backflippy stuff at his disposal. He also didn't NEED that, as he demolishes the armed and armored SHIELD agents with his bare hands while smiling and wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

When Thor is powered up and needs to fight with agility and such, he does so with ease: see the fight with Surtur, with Hela, and his stuff with the Hulk.

That was basically thebpoint I was making. Steve has done thag movie baxk flip stuff against people way above him and done well because of it. Thor not so much.

Like look how easy Valkyrie took down Loki...and Thor jot so much..

The shield agent's thor took down werent top like may, bobbi, daisy, ward, etc either. He's never fought anyone on that skill level as a human.
    Couple of points:

1. Valkyrie didn't dominate Loki: they were fighting pretty evenly until Loki figured out she was a Valkyrie, then tried to mind-whammy her. Said whammy was a bad idea, as it just pisses her off. He ALSO doesn't use her momentary stunned state to simply drop her, no, he stops to gloat a bit, and leaves himself open to getting one-shot.

2. You have to stop comparing that to any fight Thor ever had with Loki. They fight 3 times: twice when Loki holds Gugnir, and once when he has the glow stick of death. While Thor is holding back, Loki does OK. And each time, Thor gets serious and one shots Loki. Each time. In other situations, Thor physically intimidates Loki to the point where Loki, outside of those 3 fight situations, doesn't even try to resist because he knows he's got no shot at all.

3. We have no idea of the capability of the individual SHIELD agents Thor owns like babies. We know that Coulson says that they are the best in the world, but have no way to judge their individual levels.

In any case, even if Steve has a slight edge in applicable skill, Thor is still bigger. If they are even close, and I can't see an argument for there being some MASSIVE discrepancy in skill between them, that size edge is real. There's a reason that combat sports have weight classes. Mayweather is a better boxer than Tyson, but Tyson would take him 10/10 in the ring.

Actually, after reviewing a bunch of fights from both people, I've changed my mind.

Thor could likely win each scenario, including the h2h fight, although that's still his hardest fight.

Hey look Big! We agreed on something! And it was Thor related! ;P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Actually, after reviewing a bunch of fights from both people, I've changed my mind.

Thor could likely win each scenario, including the h2h fight, although that's still his hardest fight.

Hey look Big! We agreed on something! And it was Thor related! ;P
    I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

I rolled over. Sorry.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I rolled over. Sorry.
    Typical. You always roll over.

Spineless.

But then... y’know... cephalopod, so spineless is kind of a given.

Alright...let's look at this another way. Who has done the sweetest movie backflips? Let's unanimously agree that circus act is the winner.

Captain America is trained in the best martial arts on Earth with a decade or so of practice
    Thor is trained in the best martials arts in the Galaxy with over 1000 years of practice

Alright...let's look at this another way. Who has done the sweetest movie backflips? Let's unanimously agree that circus act is the winner.
    Specifically /back/ flips? Steve takes it. His fight with Batroc had all sorts of flippery!
    - big_adventure