Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So they just jacked Kanans backstory and gave it to whoever this guy is and it’s canon smh, I’m already perturbed...

iMan 42s

The Purge Trooper is kind of weird to me but I can't put my finger on it just yet. Something about it is off.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The Purge Trooper is kind of weird to me but I can't put my finger on it just yet. Something about it is off.
    I've seen people comment that they don't sound like Clones, which the Purge Troopers were supposed to be, but they might have been phased out by this point.

The design for them is kind of meh. It's basically the Utapau troopers from ROTS painted black, although I guess we can blame the Marvel artist for that.

Reportedly there will be no "dark side" option, I guess they want this to be a fully 'canon' story.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Grain of salt, but there are rumors that Watto is in the game.

Which could mean a few things

1)Tatooine mission?

2)He'll meet "Ani" again of course, but I don't think it's going to go well this time. (I know Vader hasn't been confirmed, but....)

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The design for them is kind of meh. It's basically the Utapau troopers from ROTS painted black, although I guess we can blame the Marvel artist for that.

Reportedly there will be no "dark side" option, I guess they want this to be a fully 'canon' story.
    The game takes place after 18 BBY, the earliest we know the Purge troopers had been active and the latest the Inquisitors had been in Rebels. So I assume the idea since they had been formed so quickly after ROTS was that it's still using Clone Trooper assets given they had been created in the transition period. We know some of the Empire's stormtroopers and shocktroopers retained their armors through the battle of Yavin so it's not all that surprising. Given that Phase 2 was designed for the clones and that they'd been intended to be Jedi-killers it's not all that surprising for them to retain the equipment.

The only part that's weird to me is that it doesn't seem like they're voiced by Baker or Morrison to explain that. They are also equipped with Magna Guard staffs which is weird given they have the variant DC-15 which had explosive rounds (as pointed out by the guys who caught it on Reddit). They're also wearing Paratrooper gear which makes sense for invasions and deployment into areas without a Jedi knowing, but odd to have in their own base though that could just be due to the nature of the demo.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

iMan 42s

Somethings I noticed in gameplay and the trailer.

1. Someone refresh my memory, was a group of Phase 1 clones on Kashyyyk? Phase 1 helmets can be seen on the ground when it should be the phase 2 in the spider's layer.
    2. LAAT's are present along with TIEs. The Empire does have it's own gunship (IDT), so it's curious that the LAAT is here when we know the LAAT was also used during the occupation of Mon Cala. These could be used by Saw's forces, but it's curious nonetheless since it would indicate when this takes place.
    3. The scout trooper uses rank pauldrons. A minor thing sure, but it's a neat little detail.
    4. The ATAT driver's jumpsuit has gone from gray to a purple color
    5. When Cal pushes back the rocket, the Auerbesh is gibberish as "Zeffo"

I'm thinking the Walker climbing is probably going to be a quicktime event in the final game. Could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    So they just jacked Kanans backstory and gave it to whoever this guy is and it’s canon smh, I’m already perturbed...
    Has Kataran's story been relevant in a while? I'm not sure they even mentioned him in the Dark Empire series from DH, so it really doesn't annoy me all that much, plus this is a different era. I think Dash Rendar has more relevance in the canon SW universe now, but even then not by much more than a bantha hair . Those were such cool games when it came out though; except for the painful platform jumping bits.

He means Kanan, another one of the Order 66 survivors along with Ashoka, this new guy, and of course Obi-Wan and Yoda. Kanan was one of the stars of the Rebel series, as well as a comic series and the novel A New Dawn.

The story's a bit similar in that, like Kanan, this jedi basically has tried to hide his abilities by doing some low-level work (as we've seen in the trailer), something Kanan did in the "new dawn" novel; and like Kanan, is involved with an early Rebel cell.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

In regards to the LAAT I suspect that Saw and his forces have acquired some old tech from the Clone Wars left on Kashsyyk and are using it to fight against the Empire. I believe it was said that this game takes place about five years after Revenge of the Sith, so CW technology is probably still in relative working order.

I also spotted some remains of Battle Droids in the Spider Cave sequence.

I still kinda wish there was an option to play as a non human character. Another human Jedi survivor seems repetitive.