Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mania returns in Web of Venom: Funeral Pyre by Bunn, Albuquerque, & Cassara

https://www.newsarama.com/44689-carn...eral-pyre.html

Cover by Declan Shalvey, her co-creator--

Bunn: "Funeral Pyre is a terrifying Carnage story. It’s also the story of Andi Benton and her connection to the symbiotes. It’s a story about her sense of loss now that she is no longer bound to a symbiote. I think there’s a lot of heart here, a lot of fear, a lot of blood, and a lot of action. It will be a fun book and a good intro to both Carnage and Andi if you are unfamiliar with them."

WEB OF VENOM: FUNERAL PYRE #1
    - For weeks, the serial killer called Carnage has been hunting former symbiote hosts and killing them.
    - Next on his list is ANDI BENTON, formerly MANIA, who’s back to living in Philadelphia and without any symbiote to save her…
    - The path of bodies that leads to ABSOLUTE CARNAGE continues here!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I read my symbiote stuff on Unlimited, but I will actually pick this up in July because I wuv her. The teases that she's going to die are really bad for my poor health, though!

Also, clever name.

https://twitter.com/cullenbunn/statu...02737356849153

Will Andi be a Ripley, or a Gibbon?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Better be a Ripley, or I will be most unhappy. On the other hand, at least it would be Bunn doing it, which would be (slightly) better than some random other writer casually offing her, since he created her in the first place.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Better be a Ripley, or I will be most unhappy. On the other hand, at least it would be Bunn doing it, which would be (slightly) better than some random other writer casually offing her, since he created her in the first place.
    Yeah, this isn't the X-Men Office!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Yeah, this isn't the X-Men Office!
    Ha, good one! I like that! I'm gonna use that somewhere!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/44689-carn...eral-pyre.html

Cover by Declan Shalvey, her co-creator--

Bunn: "Funeral Pyre is a terrifying Carnage story. It’s also the story of Andi Benton and her connection to the symbiotes. It’s a story about her sense of loss now that she is no longer bound to a symbiote. I think there’s a lot of heart here, a lot of fear, a lot of blood, and a lot of action. It will be a fun book and a good intro to both Carnage and Andi if you are unfamiliar with them."

WEB OF VENOM: FUNERAL PYRE #1
    - For weeks, the serial killer called Carnage has been hunting former symbiote hosts and killing them.
    - Next on his list is ANDI BENTON, formerly MANIA, who’s back to living in Philadelphia and without any symbiote to save her…
    - The path of bodies that leads to ABSOLUTE CARNAGE continues here!
    Nice! I've been thinking about giving Bunn's Venom run a re-read. This'll be a good excuse to revisit it. Glad Bunn's still getting opportunities to play in the Venom sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Nice! I've been thinking about giving Bunn's Venom run a re-read. This'll be a good excuse to revisit it. Glad Bunn's still getting opportunities to play in the Venom sandbox.
    If you like that, he's writing the next three issues of the main Venom series, which will serve as a tie-in to War of the Realms and expand on Venom's role there.

Amazing Member

Dont like the cover but Ill pick it up. These Web Of Venom episodes have been good reads.

Angry

Oh no, please don't kill Andi! The character (both as Mania and as herself) has so much untapped potential yet to be exploited. Her death would be such a waste. If I could be given an underutilized Marvel character to do with as I see fit Andi, Scott Washington (former Hybrid), or Patrick Mulligan (former Toxin) would be my pick. I firmly believe any of these three characters could become great, engaging heroes in their own right if written well, especially Andi.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-09-2019 at 03:35 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Oh no, please don't kill Andi! The character (both as Mania and as herself) has so much untapped potential yet to be exploited. Her death would be such a waste. If I could be given an underutilized Marvel character to do with as I see fit Andi, Scott Washington (former Hybrid), or Patrick Mulligan (former Toxin) would be my pick. I firmly believe any of these three characters could become great, engaging heroes in their own right if written well, especially Andi.
    And if they do kill her, don't create yet another character to replace her, cause that's arguably even more annoying.

Astonishing Member

Agreed. And I would not want Andi to suffer the incongruous fates of Patrick and Scott (Marvel in general still hasn't made up for those shames).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If you like that, he's writing the next three issues of the main Venom series, which will serve as a tie-in to War of the Realms and expand on Venom's role there.
    Oh yes, well aware! Super stoked for that, too. I'm just glad to see that won't be the last he'll be involved in Venom. If they keep giving him these little fill-ins and one-shots, I think that's cool.

This. All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Oh yes, well aware! Super stoked for that, too. I'm just glad to see that won't be the last he'll be involved in Venom. If they keep giving him these little fill-ins and one-shots, I think that's cool.
    Same here.