Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not necessarily. I mean, we had some pre-Spider-Verse and Spider-Geddon one-shots that didn’t end with the spider getting killed. While her chances aren’t exactly great, especially with how Marvel loves throwing her into limbo quite a bit, there is always a chance that she gets rescued or otherwise escapes to help the other heroes in the event.
    The Difference there is that this is Carnage, the Inheritors werent in the Spidergeddon Oneshots, This is confirmed go be more a Carnage Story than a Mania Story
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    The Difference there is that this is Carnage, the Inheritors werent in the Spidergeddon Oneshots, This is confirmed go be more a Carnage Story than a Mania Story
    The Inheritors did however appear in some of the pre-Spider-Verse materials. In fact Karn was the main threat in the Superior Spider-Man lead-in in which his single goal was hunting spiders across the multiverse. And while this is a Carnage story, it’s a lead-in to the event so we don’t know how things will shape up settling everything up for the main story.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Personally, I'm not sure if I want Mania to simply go back to the way she was before with few to no changes. Maybe she could bond with the Agony symbiote and use its abilities in conjunction with her hell powers.

As to the upcoming event, it's going to be called Absolute Carnage which pretty much guarantees that Carnage is going to be the center of attention, though how that will happen is still a mystery.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

so who is Andi Benton?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who is Andi Benton?
    A student at the high school that Flash taught at when he moved to Philadelphia. She was bonded with the Venom clone that Venom had previously absorbed when Flash shared the bonding to protect her and became a symbiote hero named Mania. She then lost her symbiote to Lee Price back during Venom Inc but kept the Hell Mark powers that had been taken by her symbiote when it split from Venom.

The market would respond well to Venom but a teenage goth girl who spews fire. But that's just a theory.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The market would respond well to Venom but a teenage goth girl who spews fire. But that's just a theory.
    She should have remained Maina, IMO, regrettably, that ship has sailed. For some reason, Those in Charge of Marvel thought the ultra-generic throwaway villain Lee Price was more worthy of the Mania Symbiote than Andi so he could be the feature threat of a lackluster event, but I digress.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

The problem that I had with the original Mania was that her costume was hardly unique at all. Beyond the punk hair and shoes, it was just a copy of Venom (which in terms of canon made sense). Now, however, there is that opportunity to develop her own unique look.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    The problem that I had with the original Mania was that her costume was hardly unique at all. Beyond the punk hair and shoes, it was just a copy of Venom (which in terms of canon made sense). Now, however, there is that opportunity to develop her own unique look.
    I’ve gotta disagree with you there. If anything, Mania continued something really great that Agent Venom had done in which the symbiote’s costume form reflected the wearer. Flash was a soldier and so Venom’s look more so resembled combat gear and for Andi being a goth girl, her suit resembles a gothic fashion. That’s a lot more unique of a costume than what we normally got from symbiote costumes.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It probably would. All that edge. All that glorious edge. (Not being sarcastic. I genuinely love Mania, and I hope nothing (bad) happens to her.)

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    She should have remained Maina, IMO, regrettably, that ship has sailed. For some reason, Those in Charge of Marvel thought the ultra-generic throwaway villain Lee Price was more worthy of the Mania Symbiote than Andi so he could be the feature threat of a lackluster event, but I digress.
    Agreed, especially since the one good thing it did --- end the "Felicia Hardy, Queenpin of Crime" B.S. --- was done (or at least written) better in Brian Bendis's Defenders series.

I’ve gotta disagree with you there. If anything, Mania continued something really great that Agent Venom had done in which the symbiote’s costume form reflected the wearer. Flash was a soldier and so Venom’s look more so resembled combat gear and for Andi being a goth girl, her suit resembles a gothic fashion. That’s a lot more unique of a costume than what we normally got from symbiote costumes.
    That's a pretty good analysis there. I like it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I couldn't have put it better myself. Andi's Mania was in no way generic either her look or powerset, unlike say Lee Price's Mania.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I couldn't have put it better myself. Andi's Mania was in no way generic either her look or powerset, unlike say Lee Price's Mania.
    Uh-huh. He didn't even go by "Mania." He just called himself "Maniac."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

At least Absolute Carnage will probably give us the gift of Carnage killing Lee Price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramorph View Post
    At least Absolute Carnage will probably give us the gift of Carnage killing Lee Price.
    I certainly hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramorph View Post
    It would be that one silver lining at the fact that we had to sit through him getting both Venom and Mania from much better hosts. It couldn’t have happened to a better guy.