Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hope that the book is good.
    The art is consistent.
    That it maintains it's schedule.
    And that people give it a chance.
    On other sites I have seen quite a few comments that people won't pick up the book because of Waid. I didn't realize he was such a "controversial" or "inconsistent" writer. I thought his work was general well-received, especially the Fantastic Four.

I hope Sue gets in a plane and then makes it invisible and now she has the invisible plane.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    On other sites I have seen quite a few comments that people won't pick up the book because of Waid. I didn't realize he was such a "controversial" or "inconsistent" writer. I thought his work was general well-received, especially the Fantastic Four.
    I don't know. I see any excuse not to even try a comic nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I hope Sue gets in a plane and then makes it invisible and now she has the invisible plane.
    Waid did that with her before in the SHIELD issue.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Waid did that with her before in the SHIELD issue.
    Damn, he really is perfect for the job.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I hated his story in FF.
    I hated what he did with Doom.
    That said I will probably pick up the first issue...always ready to support the FF.
    As long as Sue...or anyone else.....doesn’t wear the dead skin of a love one I will give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Does her power make it invisible to radar and smoke trails?

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I hated his story in FF.
    I hated what he did with Doom.
    That said I will probably pick up the first issue...always ready to support the FF.
    As long as Sue...or anyone else.....doesn’t wear the dead skin of a love one I will give this a try.
    If he's doing this right then there should not even be a mention of Doom in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Does her power make it invisible to radar and smoke trails?
    Her wiki says her invisibility also effects radio waves, so it may be possible to avert radar. Who knows?

This part of why this book is a long time coming. We need some concrete answers to how her powers work and what they affect.
    Last edited by Crimz; 04-10-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Waid's handling of Doom in "Unthinkable" was controversial. Controversy isn't a writer thing, it's created by fandom. I tend to have a lesser opinion of Waid than many of my peers in fandom but in general his work on FF was good.

If he's doing this right then there should not even be a mention of Doom in this story.

Her wiki says her invisibility also effects radio waves, so it may be possible to avert radar. Who knows?

This part of why this book is a long time coming. We need some concrete answers to how her powers work and what they affect.
    Sue's powers are, IMHO, best left to "comic book science". Most attempts at applying actual science to them often run into impossibility or concepts that may become outdated in the next decade or two. But the discussions are fun, even if totally spurious.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sue's powers are, IMHO, best left to "comic book science". Most attempts at applying actual science to them often run into impossibility or concepts that may become outdated in the next decade or two. But the discussions are fun, even if totally spurious.
    What I meant was exploring the limits of her powers. Like what she can and can't block with her force-fields, how fast she can travel on them, whether she can be seen via infra-red while invisible. Stuff like that.

I don't need an in depth explanation of what her force-fields are made of and things like that.

What I meant was exploring the limits of her powers. Like what she can and can't block with her force-fields, how fast she can travel on them, whether she can be seen via infra-red while invisible. Stuff like that.

I don't need an in depth explanation of what her force-fields are made of and things like that.
    I often repeat myself on this stuff. But yeah, some idea of what she can do and how a supposedly simple one sentence power description can be expanded to include other adaptations is what we read comics for. And I do love chatting with you about this. You have a wonderful ability to be a rabid fan, but still maintain a sense of reality in that fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sue's powers are, IMHO, best left to "comic book science". Most attempts at applying actual science to them often run into impossibility...
    Yeah. Like making her eyes invisible should blind her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Like making her eyes invisible should blind her.
    Waid kind of answered how she does that in his FF run with the late Wieringo.

My excitement rises.

Actually, if they ever did another visit to the Amalgam Universe, they should combine Sue with Diana, to be "The Invisible Wonder" - An Invisible Woman with an Invisible Plane. She could have super strength as well as super intelligence and all the Invisible powers.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The only thing I haven't enjoyed by Waid in 20yrs was the Doctor Spektor mini from Dynamite about 3yrs ago.

I'm down to reading 98% of my fare in collected form. So, no knock on Waid or Sue but it'll be 2020 by the time I read this....looking forward to that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime