Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Neat-o burrito

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Actually, if they ever did another visit to the Amalgam Universe, they should combine Sue with Diana, to be "The Invisible Wonder" - An Invisible Woman with an Invisible Plane. She could have super strength as well as super intelligence and all the Invisible powers.
    It would need to be a new Marvel/DC fusion 'verse. Amalgam combined Wonder Woman and Storm to make Amazon, and the F4 with the Challengers of the Unknown to form Challengers of the Fantastic.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

This is most welcome news, but more than likely, this will be a short lived series.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    This is most welcome news, but more than likely, this will be a short lived series.
    It's a 5 issue mini. Which I think is the best format for her first solo adventure. It keeps the narrative from being bloated and meandering, plus it's a great way to test if it's feasible for her to have more solo adventures in the future.

Some people say she can't maintain a solo, well we will soon find out in the best way to do it. If all goes well it could lead to more limited series for her in the future as I think that would be a better way to have Sue books. Ongoings come with problems and are often quite slow in pacing nowadays, plus a lot of people prefer trades. So more mini/maxi books in the future for Sue is the goal for me. Just need this one to do well!
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Does her power make it invisible to radar and smoke trails?
    There are a number of ways to track a moving vehicle in the air. One is to track the plane itself. The other is to track exhaust and sound waves from the engine. Another is to "see" the plane simply by observing the effect on the environment around the plane. For example, even while invisible and in a force field, Sue's plane isn't intangible. You can see it moving through clouds. You can chart her trajectory, air speed, etc., based on that. I imagine with "comic book science" you could go even further. Someone like Dr. Doom probably already has a gadget or doohickey that guards against invisible ICBM missiles, let alone Sue in an inviso-plane.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    If the demand is there, I bet Marvel goes for a second helping. Open your wallets, folks. This title is worth it, especially when you compare it to some of the other projects that Marvel has launched the last few years.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Things I dont want to see: she cheat on Reed. Did she cheat on Reed, bad guy has thing fpr Sue......say it with me NAMOR! no niet nada

Get away from Sue as damsel/object of desire

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Things I dont want to see: she cheat on Reed. Did she cheat on Reed, bad guy has thing fpr Sue......say it with me NAMOR! no niet nada

Marvel should have this printed all over their office.

I'm hopeful that Waid wouldn't do that though. If I'm remembering his run properly that never happened. I don't think Namor even came up in conversation.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post

The premise actually makes me wonder if we'll see her do some espionage or infiltration work with Namor and Atlantis (heck, maybe she already has).

I will purchase 2 copies then.

‘Cuz CRIMZ demanded it!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm hopeful that Waid wouldn't do that though. If I'm remembering his run properly that never happened. I don't think Namor even came up in conversation.
    As I recall a joke was made about it during Waid's run. Reed was being distracted by his experiments and not paying attention to Sue, so Sue playfully dropped some comments about Namor to try and get his attention. Reed retaliated by molding his face to resemble Namor...leading both of them to share a hearty laugh.

BANNED

It's about time and it's truly long overdue too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dare I hope for a Mary Jane Watson book .
    Does Spider-man love Mary Jane count ?

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Wonderful news! I'm excited that they're exploring Sue's spy side.