Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Sauron is a human mutate.

I haven't seen Gateway's teleportation ability affect time although I've only seen it used in once in Uncanny X-Force, Xtreme and UXM.
    Gateway's powers allow him to teleport across time, space, and other dimensions. He is also omniscient and can tap into the Dreamtime, not only for himself, but for others as well, making them astral beings and projecting them to wherever/whenever he wants. He's like the 3 eyed Raven in GOT, but even more powerful.

gatewaytimespace.jpg

gateway23.jpg

Remender was a fool to throw him away like he did. I hope some other writer works around that one day. While it's not like Gateway was an often used, beloved character, he's just too interesting to kill, and with his powers, it would be easy to work him back in.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-12-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Europe: Gabriel Shepherd (if he's still around). He's not just "Omega Class," there was serious consideration given to him being virtually omnipotent.

I realize most will pick Mad Jim Jaspers, but he's beatable. It's been proven time and time again. The problem with universal scale reality warpers is that they're not also omniscient, or "cosmically aware" even within the confines of their constructs. As such, they can't possibly know every flaw, or be able to predict every eventuality. There's a reason why they lose to lesser opponents.
    Strength isn't really a matter of who can beat whom(it's comics, plot induced stupidity happens all the time. Anyone can beat anyone if the writer writes it so). It's a measure of power. If you can snuff out a universe on the fly, that makes you incredibly strong. Even if someone can shoot you, that doesn't really take away from the raw strength of snuffing out a universe. Gabriel appeared in like, what, two stories? Even if he's immortal and has a laundry list of powers, that doesn't really make him 'the strongest'. When he can snuff out a whole universe and be invulnerable, etc, etc, okay, then he takes the top spot(but really, what do you do with a character like that?).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Strength isn't really a matter of who can beat whom(it's comics, plot induced stupidity happens all the time. Anyone can beat anyone if the writer writes it so). It's a measure of power. If you can snuff out a universe on the fly, that makes you incredibly strong. Even if someone can shoot you, that doesn't really take away from the raw strength of snuffing out a universe. Gabriel appeared in like, what, two stories? Even if he's immortal and has a laundry list of powers, that doesn't really make him 'the strongest'. When he can snuff out a whole universe and be invulnerable, etc, etc, okay, then he takes the top spot(but really, what do you do with a character like that?).
    Oh, I fully agree with you there that PIS happens and strength is not a complete measure of potency. In fact, in comics it's overused to the point that it's created a false equivalency to the true definition of power. But Gabriel Shepherd has more than just strength in his arsenal. All of his powers are at the upper echelon.

And I agree that anyone who can snuff out stars and potentially restructure the omniverse is a very powerful being indeed. But there is a reason why our favorite characters aren't all now existing in an omniverse of Jim's making. He is undone by his own personal limitations and flaws. And now that I think about it, where was he during the Incursions? It might have been interesting to see Jim help Reed, Franklin Richards and Owen Reece when they were patchwork quilting the multiverse.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

strongest of the constructs
    breaking down on the bridge of divides
    # and name: unlisted
    no more continents
    Last edited by sungila; 04-14-2019 at 11:46 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    North America : Franklin Richards

South America: Sunspot

Europe: Selene

Africa: Apocalypse

Asia: Xorn

Australia: Tempus
    I would vote for that list :-)
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare