Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Completely agree on all of these.

I was sooooo skeptical of Cyborg being on yet another DC team that wasn't the Titans, but Vic's protrayal on Doom Patrol completely changed my mind. However, I absolutely need to see him and Gar together soon.
    Doom Patrol's use of Cyborg is the most compelling iteration of Cyborg we've gotten in a while. I'm a little bummed he doesn't have the motherbox/fatherbox origin because I actually liked that addition but it's a worthy trade off seeing him portrayed so well. Plus clothes, I didn't realize how much I needed Cyborg wearing clothes.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Roy Harper, Jade Nguyen and Artemis Crock - Young Justice

Hawkgirl - JLU

Wonder Woman - DCEU

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Doom Patrol's use of Cyborg is the most compelling iteration of Cyborg we've gotten in a while. I'm a little bummed he doesn't have the motherbox/fatherbox origin because I actually liked that addition but it's a worthy trade off seeing him portrayed so well. Plus clothes, I didn't realize how much I needed Cyborg wearing clothes.
    I prefer the Mother Box being a later upgrade for Vic, but I love the idea of clothes on him. I also dig that they've gone with his original half-human look, rather than the "nothing left but half his face" deal that the New 52 went with.

Astonishing Member

Karate Kid and Dawnstar as they appeared in JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time. Like, I loved that movie in general, but Karate Kid and Dawnstar were superb! Among other things about their portrayals, I appreciated how Karate Kid was designed to be an unambiguously Japanese guy. Same for Dawnstar being designed as Native American. (For anyone knowledgeable, I would love to know if a specific Tribe can be pinpointed as point of influence for Dawnstar.) Karate Kid getting that sweet Dante Basco voice was just icing on the cake!

That movie's Robin was pretty awesome, too; he was such a sassy teenager, and I loved the "Let's you and him Fight" scene he and the duo had together halfway in.

Man do I wish for a sequel/spiritual sequel to JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time.

On a different note: I wanna give shout-outs to Batman Forever's Two-Face and Riddler, who stole the movie in all the scenes they were in, their first meeting together being probably the most prominent.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 04-14-2019 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Karate Kid and Dawnstar as they appeared in JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time. Like, I loved that movie in general, but Karate Kid and Dawnstar were superb! Among other things about their portrayals, I appreciated how Karate Kid was designed to be an unambiguously Japanese guy. Same for Dawnstar being designed as Native American. (For anyone knowledgeable, I would love to know if a specific Tribe can be pinpointed as point of influence for Dawnstar.) Karate Kid getting that sweet Dante Basco voice was just icing on the cake!

That movie's Robin was pretty awesome, too; he was such a sassy teenager, and I loved the "Let's you and him Fight" scene he and the duo had together halfway in.

Man do I wish for a sequel/spiritual sequel to JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time.

On a different note: I wanna give shout-outs to Batman Forever's Two-Face and Riddler, who stole the movie in all the scenes they were in, their first meeting together being probably the most prominent.
    JLA Trapped in Time deserves a sequel with Green Lantern in it. I love that movie

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    JLA Trapped in Time deserves a sequel with Green Lantern in it. I love that movie
    I don't know why you'd want GL in it specifically, but I agree on the sentiment that this film deserved a sequel! It was so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know why you'd want GL in it specifically, but I agree on the sentiment that this film deserved a sequel! It was so good.
    JLA Trapped in Time was produced by the same team that did the Green Lantern Animated Series. It was their very next project they worked on. I would love to see them do a big GL JLA story