Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thanks for the votes and to everyone for participating. New contest sometime soon.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Congratulations, MRP! And thanks to everyone for the votes and the honourable mentions!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member

Congrats to MRP!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Nice going, MRP! Thanks to Shalla Bal for her vote and also MajorHoy's honorable mention.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Congrats MRP, you beat me to posting that cover, and it won!! Great minds....
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Stony View Post
    Sorry guys! Got caught out by daylight savings!
    Where are you located?

(Here in the U.S. where I am, we made the change a month ago, and I thought the U.K. changed to British Summer Time at the end of March.)

Congratulations MRP!

And thanks to Iron Maiden, WestPhillyPunisher, CJStriker, and kjn for the votes and mention (respectively). I've no doubt that Miss Piggy would be thrilled.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Yay, MRP!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Congratulation to MRP for a cover which had not only a play on the word, but wonderfully expressed the attitude and nature of the city it represents. It's one of those covers that I look at and wonder "why didn't I vote for that?" and then I remember, "oh, yeah, awesomely funny joke".

What has the captain learned this week? Like most weeks, there's an idea of why a theme works but it takes the acclimation of many varied and diverse covers to show that them to its greatest strengths. The apple is certainly among them. It is symbolic of beginnings with the Adam and Eve story. It's also the sign of fall. Did I ever mention that Johnny Appleseed was born in the next town over from Cleghorn? And now I kick myself for not digging out a Johnny Appleseed cover. Um, yeah, symbolic item, etc. Good choice for a cover theme, foxley, and I do LOVE your song lyrics. Thank you for those.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations, MRP.

congratulations, MRP! Dinosaurs are fun! Rahr!

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    LordMikel mocked my fail post, with the perfect answer.
    Thank you for the vote and I'm glad you appreciated it. also thanks to chadh for the vote.

Congrats to MRP. I might have been able to vote if not for this stupid cold.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Where are you located?

(Here in the U.S. where I am, we made the change a month ago, and I thought the U.K. changed to British Summer Time at the end of March.)
    New Zealand
    We went off daylight saving, which ironically should have given me more time...