Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Age of X-Man: Marvelous X-Men #3 (spoilers/discussion)

Mixed feelings on this issue. Liked the art, a bit put out by the story. It wasn't bad per se, just a little frustrating to have Storm and Magneto get their fingers on the pulse of everything, then get zapped by Nate. Last issue, I wouldn't have minded at all, but we're past the halfway point so I was hoping for a bit more forward momentum.

Nate's POV was interesting, though, and a bit of humanization very much needed. Even the architect of this little Utopia project seems to have his moments of doubt, though he still comes off a bit juvenile, like that moment where he insists the X-Men still just see him as some kid in a leather jacket. Like, dude, you've powered up, but you haven't really gotten your mind around near as much as you think you have.

Good issue, recommend for the Storm and Magneto stuff, but things do need to pick up next month. We can only have Nate hit the reset button so many times.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 04-10-2019 at 06:18 AM.

BANNED

Can’t wait until they hit the real reset button in Omega. All in or Delete. Can’t be selective on the ramifications. Either everything is remembered or nothing is remembered.

Sometimes you open a thread and think spoilers summary, then you open and go like pfffffff (insert GIF with disappointed face)

Fantastic Member

Well I enjoyed it. The panel with Nate's world depicted as a basement hobby, complete with life seed as lightbulb was perfect. Completely sums up what this really is to him.

This issue was worth buying, just for the Storm vs. Magneto scenes.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Sometimes you open a thread and think spoilers summary, then you open and go like pfffffff (insert GIF with disappointed face)
    Sorry, man. Sometimes you gotta read the book yourself.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Well I enjoyed it. The panel with Nate's world depicted as a basement hobby, complete with life seed as lightbulb was perfect. Completely sums up what this really is to him.
    That just makes this whole thing so sad, but so creepy. These people were his friends at one time and now they're just tools for him.

Not even tools, but just toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That just makes this whole thing so sad, but so creepy. These people were his friends at one time and now they're just tools for him.

Not even tools, but just toys.
    Right? And his thoughts on how much he regrets "having" to do it every time - it really does sound like he's trying to convince himself.

BANNED

This was REALLY GOOD. Nice Storm/Magneto moment I love how they both charged at him Nate is evil he's like a Puppet Master.

That sucks after Ororo and Erik finally breaking free of Nate's hold they get dropped back into the Mind Fold........dang that sucks.

Nate's monologues are really what sell this. it gives a interesting viewpoint into this whole debacle.

I kinda wish we had gotten an X-man mini as apart of Age of X-Man too see more of the cracks in him.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

this book is so boring and I'm so tired of this alternate universe. nothing happened, nothing really changed, nothing was explained as to why ororo is apparently "weaker". I'm simply ready for this event to be over.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-10-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I'm bored of this event and we're not even halfway through yet.

I liked the character moments and voices that the writers gave them. The stuff with Storm and Magneto was good

Idk...at this point Nate just feels more like an annoying gnat than an actual threat. It's like dude just take your life seed, your stupid sexless universe and leave back to your own timeline for good.

All you've done is make the situation for the mutants you kidnapped 10x worse in their universe. I can't take him seriously. It's like he's a child trying to connect Mega Blocks to Legos only to freak out when they obviously don't fit.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I'm bored of this event and we're not even halfway through yet.
    I have to agree here. it's super uninteresting to me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!