Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Dreadfully boring, but the character voices and art are still pretty good. This was quite the promising book, so it's a shame it's already like this.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Nice read. It seems like Nate is just holding on and trying to give the X-men a vision of what he believes is a perfect world and how it would be enforced. Lookslike he knows he is running out of time and trying to keep things in order so that $@!$ does not hit the fan.

The Red Dragon

This was insanely boring. I’m just not vested in any of this and it saddens me that half of the XMen are stuck here until june or july? What a waste of 2019.

This was slow.

I hope next issue will move forward the x-man world crumbling down

BANNED

The best book of the entire event. Magneto, Storm, and Nate were in the spotlight like they were always meant to be. It's sad Nate had to resort to such treachery though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I actually can't wait till Magento or somebody kills him.

SNS
    Why? He hasnt done anything as bad as Cyclops and Emma when they had the Phoenix powers

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Why? He hasnt done anything as bad as Cyclops and Emma when they had the Phoenix powers
    He hasn't done anything as bad as Victor Von Doom either, but I fail to see how either of the three or what they have/haven't done are relevant to me wanting Nate dead and gone.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm just waiting for the inevitable apocalyptic breakdown when Nate just goes, "F*** all this trying to build a better world s*** and f*** all of you for not understanding!" and tries to kill everyone. It's the inevitable climax.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The premise of AoX is just not strong enough to sustain 6 books, 2 one-shots, 32 issues for 5 months. It's either someone breaking the anti-love rule, or rebelling or remembering Earth-616 memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    The premise of AoX is just not strong enough to sustain 6 books, 2 one-shots, 32 issues for 5 months. It's either someone breaking the anti-love rule, or rebelling or remembering Earth-616 memories.
    it would have worked better as a 10 issue bi weekly maxi series that jumped around

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    6 months, even.

Magneto made it a vendetta to try and murder Emma bc she mind controlled him for a minute in IvX. You think Nate mindcontrolling him for days during Diassembled and now months in AoX is gonna go over well?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magneto made it a vendetta to try and murder Emma bc she mind controlled him for a minute in IvX. You think Nate mindcontrolling him for days during Diassembled and now months in AoX is gonna go over well?
    He was mad at Emma after IvX, they were allies after all but what really pushed him to the breaking point with her was that she joined Miss Sinister, Sebastian Shaw, Inverted Havok and Bastion because they put him a trap in which he had to kill the mutants he just saved because they were infected with something they released. He only stopped persecuting Emma after Jean and the rest of the O5 tried to stop him.

About Issue: I agree he will not react well at all when he realizes at what point Nate has been manipulating him and the others, not only Magneto but everyone else, but it is possible that given X-man sickness Magneto will just try to stop him along with all the other X-men he after all understood that Havok was inverted when he joined Miss Sinister and Bastion.

What I am enjoying about this series is that the down time for the characters are allowing their voices to be heard, I loved how Storm and Magneto talked about both the images of their past and the past they are supposed to remember to see which one feels more real to them while Nate seems to be trying to educate/heal, the x-men because they have had such a hard time back in the real world, but also because Nate believes they may be part of the problem by feeding the cycle of violence, his perspective is twisted by his power and his sickness but it is interesting how this leads to him just keeping them contained until they learn to see HIS POV, HIS WAY of solving the problem so they choose to join him voluntarily, until then he will just keep rewriting their memories, it´s tragic and twisted but an interesting motivation imo. Nate has become so powerful that while he may believe he´s doing all this for them, he is doing this for himself, maybe to leave a legacy behind before he dies, or to have a taste of being part of a kind of family without it being one.

I hope Age of X-man has lasting consequences to keep it from becoming just another AU world, and that it leads to the X-men reflecting about all they have been doing in the past, what could they do in a different way and change their ways somehow, their approach to the problem.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-10-2019 at 06:38 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

The best book of the entire event. Magneto, Storm, and Nate were in the spotlight like they were always meant to be. It's sad Nate had to resort to such treachery though.
    I wonder how many times Storm and Magneto have resisted the memory adjustment, it really sound like Nate has had to reset them before and that Storm and Magneto continually end up finding their old memories together.

Extraordinary Member

To me, what makes Nate worse is that the people he's controlling are his friends and family and he's treating them like toys. Dr. Doom did something similar, but Battleworld at least wasn't totally fake. It also wasn't something Doom created just because he wanted to, but because he sort of had to to save what remained of all reality. He was doing his best, but he was also still Doom and Doom is gonna do what Doom is gonna do.

Nate thinks he was saving everyone, but he is clearly also doing this to save himself from his own death and loneliness. Let's not forget that the whole situation in Uncanny is only happening because he kidnapped most of the powerful and scary mutants and left mutant society in tatters. It's all ultimately selfish and the fact that he knows but pretends that he doesn't realize that just makes it worse.

And then there's the fact that he doesn't even take free will away, he just mindwipes and brainwashes people continuously and if they don't take to it, he throws them in prison.

Also, I'm still having bad feelings for Evan. I think Apocalypse is certainly sincere in his love for him, but I'm not sure what that means here.