Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In his own universe yes, but outside it the X-Men seemed close to breaking his shields.
    Until he warped them into Oblivion. Honestly without some major foresight and a Reed Richards plot device he's basically unstoppable. He could definitely put them all down before he ran out of juice. Thor is the only person I see being a marginal threat.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Until he warped them into Oblivion. Honestly without some major foresight and a Reed Richards plot device he's basically unstoppable. He could definitely put them all down before he ran out of juice. Thor is the only person I see being a marginal threat.
    Franklin Richards is more powerful than Silver Surfer so he is certainly more powerful than Thor.

Still flying

Is this the main story-line for Age of X-Man? I wouldn't mind reading the main story-line but have no interest in reading every tie in.

Quote Originally Posted by DjMichael691 View Post
    Is this the main story-line for Age of X-Man? I wouldn't mind reading the main story-line but have no interest in reading every tie in.
    Yeah, Marvelous X-Men, plus the Alpha and Omega issues bookending it, are the main thrust of the event. The Nightcrawler solo, The X-Tremists, and Prisoner X have been very good in fleshing out some other aspects of Nate's sandbox if you decide to explore further.

Still flying

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, Marvelous X-Men, plus the Alpha and Omega issues bookending it, are the main thrust of the event. The Nightcrawler solo, The X-Tremists, and Prisoner X have been very good in fleshing out some other aspects of Nate's sandbox if you decide to explore further.
    Perfect. Thanks!

I really enjoyed the Storm and Magneto scenes. It's been ages since a book did some decent character work and this event at least is providing that. Was that the life seed in that one scene with a small model city below it?
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I really enjoyed the Storm and Magneto scenes. It's been ages since a book did some decent character work and this event at least is providing that. Was that the life seed in that one scene with a small model city below it?
    Yes, looked like that.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Maybe it is a little too late to ask this but...

Is there any symbolism at the end with the cyclops/phoenix that i didn't get?
    did i miss something?

I mean yeah mutants have had it hard but what does the phoenix had to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

did i miss something?

I mean yeah mutants have had it hard but what does the phoenix had to do with it?
    AvsX was the last time that Storm and Magneto were allies and almost friends, apart from IvsX. And I suppose if you have to choose between AvsX and IvsX, the Phoenix is more visually interesting than the mists.

Apart from that it is a more traumatic memory for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    AvsX was the last time that Storm and Magneto were allies and almost friends, apart from IvsX. And I suppose if you have to choose between AvsX and IvsX, the Phoenix is more visually interesting than the mists.

Apart from that it is a more traumatic memory for both.
    Ok, thanks

I had the feeling the phoenix was trying to break the illusion or something important was going to happen with Jean.

BANNED

did i miss something?

Daddy issues. Nate wanted to show his dad killing his own dad. It's some freudian stuff.

But yeah, what Glio said.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

did i miss something?

The phoenix was about Storm and Magneto memory of Xavierīs death which helped them to remember but I also agree with Glio and PrezValentine itīs a scene that means much to all of them.

Next issue is focused on Jean, she may be unconsciously trying to wake up the rest of the X-men from Nateīs control because he said that he was tired of wiping their minds and that it was making him feel sick because he does care about them, so this is something that has been happening a lot.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-15-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Daddy issues. Nate wanted to show his dad killing his own dad. It's some freudian stuff.
    Lol, I like this interpretation...

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

But yeah, what Glio said.
    this event really damaged nate's character.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

this event really damaged nate's character.
    Indeed, it has. It's like someone in the X-Office looked at what was happening in the Spider-Office with Ben Reilly's character vis-ā-vis The Clone Conspiracy and thought, "Hold my beer." For those who'll ask what that has to do with anything, well, both Ben and Nate Grey had their heyday in the 90s and were pretty "controversial" with many of the fans for some reason or other, then after being "killed off" heroically by the end of their respective runs, their big returns in the late 2010s cast them as outright villains who deluded themselves into thinking that their "good intentions" justified the horrors they were willing to commit. (By the way, I am aware Nate came back in Dark X-Men, got depowered due to being used as a psychic battery, and then vanished into obscurity again after some time with the last New Mutants relaunch.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.