Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I liked the character moments and voices that the writers gave them. The stuff with Storm and Magneto was good
    I agree I thought it was pretty unique.

We still have two issues left plus the Omega issue, and we see the cracks starting to erode Nate’s society away (and that Nate is still dying despite creating this world presumably inside Legion’s head. And if that’s the case, I think these visions and people that Magneto, Bishop, Storm, and X-23 saw are all David trying to wake them up with whatever strength he has, and with Nate getting weaker, the visions are becoming stronger.

And I think this Nate is the Nate we usually know and love, not the confused and muddled guy in Disassembled who changed motives every issue. It’s heartbreaking that every time he tries to do something better, it ends up worse than when he started. He tried to save the 616 from becoming the AoA but, in a way, he turned it into one himself (Scott even lost an eye). And now he’s holding the only people that can make it better for a pathetically long amount of time but it’s far too late to even reverse anything because the X-Men will probably kill him when they’re free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We still have two issues left plus the Omega issue, and we see the cracks starting to erode Nate’s society away (and that Nate is still dying despite creating this world presumably inside Legion’s head. And if that’s the case, I think these visions and people that Magneto, Bishop, Storm, and X-23 saw are all David trying to wake them up with whatever strength he has, and with Nate getting weaker, the visions are becoming stronger.

And I think this Nate is the Nate we usually know and love, not the confused and muddled guy in Disassembled who changed motives every issue. It’s heartbreaking that every time he tries to do something better, it ends up worse than when he started. He tried to save the 616 from becoming the AoA but, in a way, he turned it into one himself (Scott even lost an eye). And now he’s holding the only people that can make it better for a pathetically long amount of time but it’s far too late to even reverse anything because the X-Men will probably kill him when they’re free.
    I actually can't wait till Magento or somebody kills him.

SNS

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I've been enjoying AoXM for the most part, but I do think the pacing is a bit slow. They probably could have made each mini four issues.

As for this issue, it was alright. I think they would have benefited from a tighter, one at a time character focus rather than showing multiple characters waking up in the same issue. The characters being repeatedly reset is getting kind of boring and frustrating. I agree that it was good and necessary to get more of Nate's point of view, as misguided as it is.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I actually can't wait till Magento or somebody kills him.

SNS
    that would make this event worth it to me lol..
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I've been enjoying AoXM for the most part, but I do think the pacing is a bit slow. They probably could have made each mini four issues.

As for this issue, it was alright. I think they would have benefited from a tighter, one at a time character focus rather than showing multiple characters waking up in the same issue. The characters being repeatedly reset is getting kind of boring and frustrating. I agree that it was good and necessary to get more of Nate's point of view, as misguided as it is.
    I think there's enough meat on some of these minis that five issues works. The Nightcrawler series and The X-Tremists are deep character study, so it's not hard to adapt them to however many issues are needed, and Prisoner X has that plus multiple layers of mystery to unravel. But Marvelous X-Men is more plot focused and has a larger cast to work with, so it's in more danger of sagging in the middle. I... don't know what to make of the X-Tracts yet, tbh. It seems like it's the least connected so far.

Mighty Member

I want Nate to live long enough to get back to reality and realize he basically did the opposite of what he wanted to accomplish.

BANNED

I have been bored of this event since Alpha. I just can’t wait for July when this all ends but then we have another AU to live through before going back to regular 616.

Ok, so the vision Erik had was a fracture in X-man's reality. And to show another example of fracture they (of course) choose AvsX, to show how bad and wrong Cyclops was. So predictable...

Nate's point of view is so silly and his motivations so immature that I can't even take him seriously. I just wish we never see him again after this. Just ignore him like Joseph, Golgotha or the Neo.

The only good thing is the X-men characterizations. Each one of them had his own voice and showed a different opinion about En Sabah Nur.

I'm tired, was into it at first but it feels like it's being stretched out and they're just missing out on real life.

The voices and eveything where fine, but there doesn't feel like much is happening.

Nate: X-men think i'm a brash, immature kid.
    Nate: *just confirms what x-men think of him*

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I'm bored of this event and we're not even halfway through yet.
    Same. JUst seems like filler while preparations for Hickman's stuff is happening. I was dreading this event as soon as it was announced. Lame way to start the new year and have to spend the first half of it.

Sadly, I am hoping the solicitations this month will be a good read with some new 616 team books being announced in place of the filler 5.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that would make this event worth it to me lol..
    Glob Herman is gonna take that life seed and beat him to death with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Ok, so the vision Erik had was a fracture in X-man's reality. And to show another example of fracture they (of course) choose AvsX, to show how bad and wrong Cyclops was. So predictable...

Nate's point of view is so silly and his motivations so immature that I can't even take him seriously. I just wish we never see him again after this. Just ignore him like Joseph, Golgotha or the Neo.

The only good thing is the X-men characterizations. Each one of them had his own voice and showed a different opinion about En Sabah Nur.
    Technically that Cyclops killed Xavier is better than the reality in which they live.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I agree I thought it was pretty unique.
    Agreed I liked Ororo and Erik interaction as well as a deeper undestanding for X man motives.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022