Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

The horny police should take some of the obsession with mutant bangin' and use it to make Champions more interesting.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    That seems to be every fandom. Fans are interested in much more, but the pairing wars tend to be the most intense. The Naruto wars went into overdrive when the final pairings got revealed. lol It was so fun, I 'd love to go back in time & read the outrage all over again. lol

On the Buffy-Boards, the wars are still strong with Angel vs. Spike after 20 yrs. And it didn't take long for it to flair up with the new comics. The series started, and Angel was nowhere to be found. So his fans worry & rave he's been dropped for Spike. Now Angel has his own book coming, and fans hate the changes made to him -such as him being 18 now, and he's starting off in a separate book away from Buffy who writers said would "be in the mix" somewhere in his romances. But Spike stayed on the main title with everyone else. And Bangel fans theorize it's so they can do Spuffy with no Angel interference.

But also, JDW says the X-Men is a soap opera first & foremost. So trolling with shipping is what they do best. lol
    I remember the great Naruto shipping wars! What a time to be a fan! I think most of us were just having fun, though. It normally didn't get too serious unless you went into a forum specifically for a certain ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post

It isn't love which is banned so much as it is forming groups and tribalism. And to be fair to Nate, let's be honest, romance and weird family dynamics have killedmore X-Men than any Sentinel ever did. So he's not entirely wrong.

With this plan in place, it also makes people even trying to form groups outside of the occasional work team illegal. The X-Men all live alone and even in this issue, Magneto says that Storm isn't allowed to come visit him, at night, in his home. We even see that in NextGen where Glob says that Hisako isn't supposed to be in his room, even though she's just a friend coming to check up on him.

With all of this, it's harder for people to come together and talk about their shared experiences and find fault in their memories.
    Divided we fall. Most of authoritarian regimes is really hard to gather people around, because it threatens the status quo

I find the anti-relationship stuff in general to be very interesting, and bangin' is just a part of that. The division of family and friends is the real meat of the burger, because a fundamental part of the franchise is finding refuge in a family and being part of something bigger through the dream and whatnot. But maybe it's because I'm a cave maggot living in total darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I remember the great Naruto shipping wars! What a time to be a fan! I think most of us were just having fun, though. It normally didn't get too serious unless you went into a forum specifically for a certain ship.
    sai x sakura 4eva
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Did we get any REAL reason why Nate banned relationship & what it has to do with mutants?

Overall, I'm not keeping up with Disassembled & AoXM,but from what I can gather Nate's plan for world (or is it mutans or is it X men) seems all over the place.
    AoXM is great & underrated but Nate's vision/what he really wants is what holding the series back IMO.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 04-11-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Did we get any REAL reason why Nate banned relationship & what it has to do with mutants? Overall, I'm not keeping up with Disassembled & AoXM,but from what I can gather Nate's plan for world (or is it mutans or is it X men) seems all over the place.
    AoXM is great & underrated but Nate's vision/what he really wants is what holding the series back IMO.
    I believe that AoXM has a lot to do with Nateīs own experiences, he was made by AoA Sinister to defeat Apocalypse using Jean and Scott genetic material, his natural growth was accelerated for this end so in a way heīs still too young emotionally speaking despite looking like an adult. In AoA Jean and Scott never were a couple so Nate is pretty aware that he was made to become a weapon or a kind of "savior" for his world, his main father figure was AoA Forge who he knew for some years before he was killed by Sinister. After AoA ended Nate was send to regular marvel universe he didnīt really find a particular place to call home or family, most ppl he knew thought of him as a way too powerful adolescent, or someone that could be used, he found refuge in becoming a Shaman/Healer and meditation to learn to use his powers.

So what we find in AoXM: test tube children, concepts like family or friendship being banned, he and the X-men as the "saviors/leaders of the world", isolation and individualism, AoXM is a reflection of Nateīs own personal experience and his vision of a "perfect world" for the X-men if Schism, AvX, or the Inhumans war was caused by tribal thinking in Nate eyes then the opposite is what the X-men need to learn to be able to live peacefully . Nate is dying and more powerful and instable than ever, he believes that his ban on personal, familiar and romantic relationships will lead the X-men into his way of thinking or so he thinks. On the other hand a society that supports isolation and individualism as a way of life are perfect tools to prevent people from rebelling.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-11-2019 at 08:25 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I believe that AoXM has a lot to do with Nateīs own experiences, he was made by AoA Sinister to defeat Apocalypse using Jean and Scott genetic material, his natural growth was accelerated for this end so in a way heīs still too young emotionally speaking despite looking like an adult. In AoA Jean and Scott never were a couple so Nate is pretty aware that he was made to become a weapon or a kind of "savior" for his world, his main father figure was AoA Forge who he knew for some years before he was killed by Sinister. After AoA ended Nate was send to regular marvel universe he didnīt really find a particular place to call home or family, most ppl he knew thought of him as a way too powerful adolescent, or someone that could be used, he found refuge in becoming a Shaman/Healer and meditation to learn to use his powers.

So what we find in AoXM: test tube children, concepts like family or friendship being banned, he and the X-men as the "saviors/leaders of the world", isolation and individualism, AoXM is a reflection of Nateīs own personal experience and his vision of a "perfect world" for the X-men if Schism, AvX, or the Inhumans war was caused by tribal thinking in Nate eyes then the opposite is what the X-men need to learn to be able to live peacefully . Nate is dying and more powerful and instable than ever, he believes that his ban on personal, familiar and romantic relationships will lead the X-men into his way of thinking or so he thinks. On the other hand a society that supports isolation and individualism as a way of life are perfect tools to prevent people from rebelling.
    Well,being a test tube baby should've made him value relationship more but I agree with the point isolation & individualism will prevent people from rebelling.
    But in the diassembled, wasn't he trying to FIX the earth?But now that plot is gone.
    He was also thought X men are wrong with the world, he was trying to kill them?Didn't he?And now he is one of the originals where'd that come from?
    If it's really answered in the books,then I guess indeed I need to read the books.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The series isnīt done yet so I donīt think we will get Nateīs complete motivations until the end, but this issue had some insight about what heīs thinking:

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Did we get any REAL reason why Nate banned relationship & what it has to do with mutants?

Overall, I'm not keeping up with Disassembled & AoXM,but from what I can gather Nate's plan for world (or is it mutans or is it X men) seems all over the place.
    But I think that's the point-Nate's plan is unstable and sort of insane. If we consider that this is all some plan of Xavier's, then Nate's world isn't meant to last. It's meant to put the X-Men into a certain mindset that makes all of them easier to control.

It isn't just the X-Men, but also villains like Omega Red and Apocalypse, each of whom seem to have been effected by this world.

Another thing to think about is just where would someone find a Life Seed? You typically get one off of a Celestrial, but if that happened in 616, it would likely have been noticed. We also don't see the Celestrials seeding many world's in the present.

So in my theory, Xavier would have used time travel to find the Life Seed. Thus, the current Celestrials don't notice and Xavier gets a Life Seed. And where else are we supposed to be seeing time travel? The upcoming House of X.

Nate had sex with Madelyne Pryor and it scarred him. Poor child.

Well,being a test tube baby should've made him value relationship more but I agree with the point isolation & individualism will prevent people from rebelling.
    But in the diassembled, wasn't he trying to FIX the earth?But now that plot is gone.
    He was also thought X men are wrong with the world, he was trying to kill them?Didn't he?And now he is one of the originals where'd that come from?
    If it's really answered in the books,then I guess indeed I need to read the books.
    I disagree with the sentiment of it preventing rebellion as we’ve seen in every one of the minis, that in spite of attempts to supress love and companionship, it always finds a way to shine through thus leading to rebellion. Nate merely tries to hide these cracks by either having the people mindwiped or imprisoned. It’s basically a stepford smiling society.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I like how some of the people here have summed up Nate's motivations, such as they are, as basically his reaction to a (very short) lifetime of trauma, compounded by the fact that even with all his power, there's nothing he can do about all the suffering in the world (his own and others') or that he's dying. Or to paraphrase Ben Reilly in the finale of Spider-Geddon, having reflected on his own trauma and the actions he took in reaction to that during The Clone Conspiracy, "But [he] emerged damaged. And damaged people damage others."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like how some of the people here have summed up Nate's motivations, such as they are, as basically his reaction to a (very short) lifetime of trauma, compounded by the fact that even with all his power, there's nothing he can do about all the suffering in the world (his own and others') or that he's dying. Or to paraphrase Ben Reilly in the finale of Spider-Geddon, having reflected on his own trauma and the actions he took in reaction to that during The Clone Conspiracy, "But [he] emerged damaged. And damaged people damage others."
    This is apt. It's sad, but true.

Not that you can't work through trauma and come out of it a better or at least different person, but that isn't easy or always possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    But Nate CAN change things for the better. He can change the minds of every bigot on Earth given enough time if not instantly, making them embrace mutants. He can disintegrate every single Sentinel. He CAN create a utopia using his own powers. He's insane, focusing on making his own little pretend world instead of making genuine change in the real world. He's afraid and hiding away from making real, lasting changes because of obvious mental instability and his traumas.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    But Nate CAN change things for the better. He can change the minds of every bigot on Earth given enough time if not instantly, making them embrace mutants. He can disintegrate every single Sentinel. He CAN create a utopia using his own powers. He's insane, focusing on making his own little pretend world instead of making genuine change in the real world. He's afraid and hiding away from making real, lasting changes because of obvious mental instability and his traumas.
    But isn't the implication here that he really can't? Eventually, the brainwashing will fail.