Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Age of X-Man: Apocalypse & the X-Tracts #2 Discussion (SPOILERS)

After the (flashback) preview, with Apocalypse & Unveil breaking Kitty out of the 'rehab' facility, and them taking Evan from a hatchery:

• Apocalypse & Kitty have a quasi-philosophical/spiritual back & forth about togetherness, basically.
    • Over to Eye-Boy, Dazzler, & Unveil's mission to find Omega Red, with Evan in tow. Trevor's got it in for the lil' guy, and Unveil's name is revealed to be Sharesse. Eye-Boy's kind of a cocky dick in this, TBH.
    • Unveil is icily attacked with some frigid, targeted temp control, and goes down. Someone called The Siberian arrives on the scene, "out of (the) shadows," along with his gang of all-black wearin' no-goods.
    • Back to Apoc, Kitty, & Evan havin' a brief tete-a-tete w/the X-peeps, right after that rally went bad in Central Park, that we previously saw in Marvelous. We learn Evan was never really there & just an illusion, as he was already on the mission with the others by that point.
    • In Kazakhstan, Dazz & what's left of her posse are bein' swamped by those freaky fascists, and in danger of bein' overwhelmed. All the sudden Eye-Boy whips out a couple of pistols he was packin', and starts systematically pickin' off their opponents one by one, with relative ease... and "rubber bullets." 'Til he gets to The Siberian anyway, in an attempt to help Sharesse, wherein old "frosty" flash-freezes & shatters both of Trevor's hands - now THAT's COLD!
    • In desperation mode, Ali instructs Evan to scream his scared, lil' heart out. And with a last-ditch effort, unleashes a scattershot light-blast, to temporarily disable all their remaining assailants. With that, Evan grows big so they can all hitch a ride, and he beats feet for a hasty retreat.
    • When they finally come to rest & recoup, the severely injured Eye-Boy is still able to have a vision. He eXplains that all of their attackers are now dead, and were killed by one Omega Red. Via a note, he pledges allegiance to their cause, for he believes theirs & his are one in the same... and that he'll bring certain death, to anybody that stands in their way.

I liked this quite a bit better than the first ish.

We created threads at the same time. I'm sorry.
    I will try to delete mine.

My original post:

It keeps interesting.

Apocalypse has saved mutants and converting them for a religious cult, a cult to his own figure.
    But his followers haven't realize they're been manipulated, including his "son" Evan.
    Eye-Boy trying to be a badass was fun. Dazzler acting like a caricature of SJW artists too.

Let's see what will be the part played by Omega Red here.

Colossus is becomeming very creepy, that in every book he is painting Kitty
    someone stop it please

Eye Boy killing the siberians, that was too easy. It was with rubber bullets LOLOLOL so they were still alive and fighting

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    We created threads at the same time. I'm sorry.
    I will try to delete mine. ...
    No worries my friend, it's all good.

... was fun. Dazzler acting like a caricature of SJW artists too. ...
    Was it the "I'M UP TO MY THIGH SOCKS IN FASCISTS!" line, that gave you this impression?

Just hope Eye Boy is still alive. He may just not have hands anymore.

BANNED

This was pretty good. Dazzler and Evan are pretty fun to read about. Unveil feels like she's just there for now and the whole Poccy-Kitty dynamic is quite intriguing. I'm still indifferent to Eye-Boy. Guess I'll never like any iteration of him.

The russian dudes have pretty unimpressive designs, but the bigger shame is that they just show up to be cannon fodder. Let's see how Omega Red does in further issues.

Apocitty is the best Kitty ship since Lancitty from X-Men Evo
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Loved this issue.Got a little more insight into how the characters all came together. Enjoyed the team dynamic of them really believing in what they are doing and to a extant even questioning the son of the figurehead.

Another enjoyable issue.

>Smiling Sentinels. Creepy, just like The Right.
    >Unveil used Barbadian slang [almost] correctly. A few other four letter curse words would work better being physical attacked but this is PG13. It'll do
    >Apocalypse is getting into this godhood thing. This'll end well.
    >ApoKitty is bringing this book closer to the underground Allison Mack sex cult it needs but probably won't push the envelope far enough to achieve.
    >The Winter Guard [?] looked cool. Pity they're all dead now. I really hope Omega Red isn't boring once we finally encounter him.
    >What is it about young X-Men and losing hands?! I'll genuinely laugh if they regenerate as massive eyes.

Favourite panels...
    xt1.jpg
    xt2.jpg
    xt3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Apocitty is the best Kitty ship since Lancitty from X-Men Evo
    It's difficult to be invested in it when it's very obvious that Apocalypse's love will ultimately be shown to be for manipulative reasons whereas Creepolossus is in love with her for ~pure~ reasons (it's all very retrograde when you consider how much all the AoXM writers love to brag about their progressive credentials on Twitter).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Just hope Eye Boy is still alive. He may just not have hands anymore.
    I don't know why I love Trevor so much, but I do. Also, I just have a bad feeling that this whole thing is going to end with everyone but Evan dying and him going nuts because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Loved this issue.Got a little more insight into how the characters all came together. Enjoyed the team dynamic of them really believing in what they are doing and to a extant even questioning the son of the figurehead.
    I was surprised by Evan's loyalty to the cause being questioned. Is it that he didn't come willingly? Is it just that he's Apocalypse's son?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's difficult to be invested in it when it's very obvious that Apocalypse's love will ultimately be shown to be for manipulative reasons whereas Creepolossus is in love with her for ~pure~ reasons (it's all very retrograde when you consider how much all the AoXM writers love to brag about their progressive credentials on Twitter).
    This is really annoying me too. Colossus is creepy, the Kitty and Colossus thing didn't work, let it die.

Of course, Apocalypse's relationship with Evan is still creeping me out. Even if Apocalypse is genuine in his love for Evan, he's such a toxic and cruel person that it would still be manipulative. And what are his plans for Evan here? It seems like Evan is a bit more important to the overall story than I thought, so this is honestly a bit confusing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    ... it's all very retrograde...
    Only where Kitty's concerned? Maybe the trollin' is just continuin' on from where Guggs & then the Disassembled team left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    ... I was surprised by Evan's loyalty to the cause being questioned. Is it that he didn't come willingly? Is it just that he's Apocalypse's son?
    It was only Eye-Boy, really. And at first he tells Unveil it's because "... HE'S A GLORY HOUND WHO CAN GUILT HIS DAD INTO LETTING HIM TAG ALONG WITH THE BIG KIDS." But then goes on to say "... HE'S NOT HERE BECAUSE HE BELIEVES."

BANNED

Surprised Dust isnt in this book

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Surprised Dust isnt in this book
    Dust is in Champions and, honestly, I'm happy for her. Champions is a much more, well, positive book.