Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Default X-Force #6 Review / Spoilers

For those looking for spoilers, look no further. Please note that in as issue 5 was dedicated to the backstory of Nate/Cable/Wi-Fi, this issue is dedicated to filling out the story of Stryfe/Conflyct and why he is here. In essence, issue 5 and 6 take place as flashbacks and the end of 6 moves us from the ending of 4.

So, without delay, a recap from where the preview pages left off:

So Stryfe and the MLA find Cable's hideout and upload the data they find. Bad news bears. Next scene moves to the New Canaanite headquarters where Stryfe/Conflyct is having a whiny teen moment where he is lamenting how Wi-Fi and company have ruined his dreams as they have laid waste to Apocalypse's lands and made Apocalypse doubt that Stryfe was the ON (original Nathan) therefore denying him his essence. He's so upset he's questioning whether or not he should be leading and if Apocalypse was right? Kestle nurses his ego before they leave to follow Wi-Fi's time trail.

4 weeks ago (2 weeks after Extermination): Stryfe walks the grounds in Transia with President Brancoveanu impressed by the quick building and progress they have made. you see, when they arrived Stryfe's team couldn't locate the right date or location of Wi-Fi and landed in Transia. Apparently Transia is the place to teleport to, kinda like Limbo was except the demons seemed nicer than the Transians do. Stryfe made a deal with the President to give them weapons, building and infrastructure plans to build up Transia's world presence if he can get all the mutants that they harbor. Reason: Stryfe likes that Transia is overlooked and views it like him and his small group.

Stryfe makes a rousing speech, sans helmet, to the mutants offering them peace and a future...in the future. As they start sending them through the timeline, Brancoveanu mentions there are two rabid mutants that had to be separated from the others as they are dangerous. They were going to be killed off but the deal was struck with Stryfe and they didn't want to seem like they ignored his plea. So next page you see rabid Rachel and her new bff Kytty the hound.Rachel is hissing (literally) and somehow Stryfe immediately recognizes her as "Rachel Summers. The Mother Askani. you beautiful idiot. You have no idea what you've stumbled upon." I find it interesting that Stryfe knows that Rachel was Mother Askani and can recognize her now but didn't do anything about her back in the 90's when he had the same info and she even appeared in his files Le sigh; .(Note Apocalypse knew Rachel Summers was Mother Askani in the future (mentions her by names in AoC&P#3) so that info was likely shared with Stryfe by Ch'vayre). Scene moves to Constantin appearing before Ahab who is being worked on saying who were those hounds and that they are now gone.

Back in the Future - Stryfe gets the news that not all the mutants they took in are worthy or able to fight. Many are just looking to live their lives with the promise of a new future. Strfye tells them to separate the ones that won't fight and send them to an abandoned town where they will be killed. One week later Stryfe shares the news that their friends who left to build a life were killed by the horrid Clan Chosen, in particular they killed Kestle and send his body back as a message (also he had the goods on Whiny Stryfe so he was fodder anyways). All the peps get mad and decide to fight and Stryfe says they have someone who can lead them to the Clan...

At the Clan Camp - Aliya and Tetherblood argue about Nate's disappearance and how it has to do with the New Canaanites likely (they don't know he timeslipped as that moment was overridden when he fixed the timeline). Just then Rachel and Kytty burst through the tent massacring them barking "Kill! Kill mutants!!" Stryfe and Co. appear and capture them all.

FINALLY we appear at NOW in Transia where X-Force is battling with the MLA, those trained mutants, and Strfye. Strfye tells Nathan he needs to surrender to him as he has his clan captured and he has the Askani-mother. Surrender or the'll all die. So he surrenders and they (MLA, Strfye, Wi-Fi) all leave throiugh the time bubble leaving an injured X-Force watching.

To Be Continued.

So lots of continuity gaffs or issues I have (how does Stryfe know who Rachel is but didn't do anything to her in the 90's? Why is Zero able to talk when his circuits were purposely destroyed by a teen Stryfe so he could have a completely subservient Askani android to himself?) It was interesting to hear / see the motivators for Stryfe, but honestly the most engaging moments were the scenes with Rabid Rachel and Kytty as no one really cares about Strfye or his goons. I hope this story picks up and we get more X-force as it's feeling rather light at the moment. I need moar Boom-Boom stat.

tabby hasn't spoken in two issues

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    tabby hasn't spoken in two issues

I Know Friend.
    It's painful. I needed this to be more focused on Rachel than Strfye as all of this could have been explained in a one page flashback of sorts. I hope next issue Tabby lights many things up.

I am actually very interested to see how these past two momentum/libido killers issues affect sales.

I loved it. Your review was very Rachel biased, you should be glad she’s getting any panel time.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    I loved it. Your review was very Rachel biased, you should be glad she’s getting any panel time.
    Considering how crappy the X-Office has treated Rachel for the last year, saying she got panel time and that her fans should just be happy with that is kind of tasteless.

I would've been happy with some X-Force. The set up to the first arc really did not require two issues of extended flashback. Like, did we really need to have a full scene of how they found Ahab? Stryfske Uchiha ranting about his Fortnite placings and his Rachel hype were gold, though. And his new design is actually pretty good/not terrible like it usually is. I like his new Zoo Crew, too. But yeah, you could cut the Finding Ahab sequel and the whatever about him training mutants and then we have 6 more pages for an actual X-Force/MLA fight.

i'm still back on board brisson baby i just can't quit you honey

"Smells Like Teen Stryfe" to Cable when Nate cheats and gains Pooky's favor

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Considering how crappy the X-Office has treated Rachel for the last year, saying she got panel time and that her fans should just be happy with that is kind of tasteless.
    seconded, you tell it like it is!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

1) She's my favorite character and given she's been mia for months it's due.
    2) Rude. Seriously, she's gotten the worst character assassination in the last decade in the X office and she's finally getting something of an upward arc and that's your response? Psshh

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Bolded and underlined for truth.

Also I'm here for Kytty and hoping they make it through this arc.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 04-11-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    2) Rude. Seriously, she's gotten the worst character assassination in the last decade in the X office and she's finally getting something of an upward arc and that's your response? Psshh

I am hoping that it is Blaquesmith that wakes Rachel back up over anyone else. I prefer that either Rachel wakes herself up from the programming or Blaquesmith helps her do it. Since Cable is captured now it would make sense if Blaquesmith is the one that brings X-Force forward to the future and he would probably have X-Force run interference for him so that he can get to Rachel.

Lol at everyone calling the other hound Kytty, that's too funny. Hopefully Kytty gets out of this too!

For the fall I would really love to see a new Cable and Phoenix comic with Nathan, Rachel, and Blaquesmith on a team together. I think it might be best for Rachel to get away from the X-Teams and just team up with her brother on an ongoing basis. Heck I wouldn't even mind it if they rescued Hope and drag her along too.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

No, YOU are rude! How DARE you talk to me like this!!!

You SHOULD be glad she’s getting panel time, are you arguing with me that she SHOULDNT be getting more panel time?? This doesn’t make any sense, you are her fan and you are spitting in my face telling me I’m rude for saying you should be glad???
    You do not make sense ! Go and sit and think about your post and what you have just said to me, this is unacceptable!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think Brisson really found his footing with this series with the last couple of issues and really benefitted from a more narrow, character-driven focus. I wish the book had stronger art though, what we've had so far is too peculiar and doesn't really work here.
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 05-12-2019 at 01:54 AM.

No, YOU are rude! How DARE you talk to me like this!!!

You SHOULD be glad she’s getting panel time, are you arguing with me that she SHOULDNT be getting more panel time?? This doesn’t make any sense, you are her fan and you are spitting in my face telling me I’m rude for saying you should be glad???
    You do not make sense ! Go and sit and think about your post and what you have just said to me, this is unacceptable!

what?