Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    No, YOU are rude! How DARE you talk to me like this!!!

You SHOULD be glad she’s getting panel time, are you arguing with me that she SHOULDNT be getting more panel time?? This doesn’t make any sense, you are her fan and you are spitting in my face telling me I’m rude for saying you should be glad???
    You do not make sense ! Go and sit and think about your post and what you have just said to me, this is unacceptable!
    If the character is portrayed poorly after years of character assassination, then less panel time would make sense for a fan

I thought it was a great issue, but of course I'm an Askani fan.

While focusing on one storyline like this per issue is typical, jumping back and forth between several stories so there is more characters involved and something for fans might be a better way of writing series. Classic Claremont Uncanny was able to do that with a few pages progressing storylines so there's something for fans of different characters. But I'm glad to see the Rachel/Stryfe/Cable dynamic finally get some attention.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I think Brisson really found his footing with this series with the last couple of issues and really benefitted from a more narrow, character-driven focus. I wish this back had stronger art though, what we've had so far is too peculiar and doesn't really work here.
    I agree. I wish we had the Nate issue earlier as it's needed, but it brokw up the flow of the first arc too much for me (maybe that was the intent?). I like getting Stryfe fleshed out more, I just wish it wasn't in flashbacks. We needed some of this info though to make sense of things. But yes, he's finding his stride but the art is not helping him.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

what?
    I can't lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    If the character is portrayed poorly after years of character assassination, then less panel time would make sense for a fan
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    I thought it was a great issue, but of course I'm an Askani fan.

While focusing on one storyline like this per issue is typical, jumping back and forth between several stories so there is more characters involved and something for fans might be a better way of writing series. Classic Claremont Uncanny was able to do that with a few pages progressing storylines so there's something for fans of different characters. But I'm glad to see the Rachel/Stryfe/Cable dynamic finally get some attention.
    Yes, I agree, it was fabulous, I have high hopes for this X-Force series.

Ultimate Member

I feel like these people are so out of character that I might as well not be reading about them at all, and I end up wanting to know more about the new people instead, like 'Tryptich' who may be the one that turns into three lightning people and gangs up on people. (Was it Domino they were beating up? I have no idea. Like most of the people who weren't Exposition Stryfe Jr. she didn't have any speaking lines that I remember, or characterization at all in the last few months, and was drawn pretty fuzzily. It could be anyone, really.)

The names of the 'new' mutants were a riot. Tryptich wasn't bad, but Flintshard? Tetherblood? Ugh. The others went nameless, but in my head their names are Darkblood and XFire and Namebad and Pleasestop...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The names of the 'new' mutants were a riot. Tryptich wasn't bad, but Flintshard? Tetherblood? Ugh. The others went nameless, but in my head their names are Darkblood and XFire and Namebad and Pleasestop...
    To be fair Tetherblood is an established character from the 90's. Whereas Flintshard i can't defend lol.

BANNED

Pretty good issue. I'm liking the art and Dyscord's new design is delightful. Stryfe should use that helmet
    I also like his motivation and his course of actions. Just hoping Rachel and Nathan get to reunite soon, with each other and with Scott.

Fantastic Member

The coloring could work a little more to differentiate each settings. It's like everything happened at the same place and time.

I lost interest after issue #5. Ready for this series to reboot already with the real Cable back.

All-New Member

This is probably my favorite issue to date. I've been reading X-Force and Cable for a long time and had never cared much for the Cable/Styfe/Clan Chosen/time travel stuff. This issue made it much more interesting to me. I liked the art this issue was much better too.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

I just read the issue.

Rictor is DEAD? When the hell did THAT happen?!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    I just read the issue.

Rictor is DEAD? When the hell did THAT happen?!
    he's fine, they just think everyone in age of x-man is dead
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am hoping that it is Blaquesmith that wakes Rachel back up over anyone else. I prefer that either Rachel wakes herself up from the programming or Blaquesmith helps her do it. Since Cable is captured now it would make sense if Blaquesmith is the one that brings X-Force forward to the future and he would probably have X-Force run interference for him so that he can get to Rachel.

Lol at everyone calling the other hound Kytty, that's too funny. Hopefully Kytty gets out of this too!

For the fall I would really love to see a new Cable and Phoenix comic with Nathan, Rachel, and Blaquesmith on a team together. I think it might be best for Rachel to get away from the X-Teams and just team up with her brother on an ongoing basis. Heck I wouldn't even mind it if they rescued Hope and drag her along too.
    That would be interesting, Cable (wonder if he’ll still be a teenager or would he be closer to the Old Cable Age wise?), Rachel, Blaquesmith (who’s been absent for a while) and Hope fixing the time stream after all the times either Legion, Wolverine, Kang, Ultron, Doom, broke it.........(maybe a retcon or two?) Does Cable still have Professor?

Judging by the reviews, I was right when I guessed Stryfe was young like his hated nemesis now (would this be where Stryfe gets his revenge idea from? To one day strike at Cable by going after the X Teams? Or did that come much later?).

We only have a issue or two left before the relaunch.....