Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Reboot One Superman Character

Let's say DC wants you to reboot/retool just one Superman character. Could be Superman himself, one of his supporting cast, or a villain. Only caveat is you can't just change them back to be like they were in a previous run/era. So, who do you change, and how? Can only be one.

BANNED

Make Jon Kent evil because Clark ***** up in a really bad but understandable way. Jon intimate knowledge and ability to psychologically destroy Clark making Jon Kent into a Satan figure to Clark Kent. His hatred for Clark should be understandable, not something that Clark can truly be able to apologize for.

Maybe this can be his backstory....https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...storyline/amp/

Jon Kent is resurrected of course, but he is angry at Clark for betraying him. Becoming a monstrous Satan figure to Clark Kent as he becomes his joker.

Why I am doing this

Because Jon Kent and Connor would make a interesting rivalry. Psychopathic son vs the good clone who is more a son to Clark at this point than Jon ever would allow himself to be. A rivalry between them would be nice.

But I would not do any of this within continuity

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    Make Jon Kent evil because Clark ***** up in a really bad but understandable way. Jon intimate knowledge and ability to psychologically destroy Clark making Jon Kent into a Satan figure to Clark Kent. His hatred for Clark should be understandable, not something that Clark can truly be able to apologize for.

Maybe this can be his backstory....https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...storyline/amp/

Jon Kent is resurrected of course, but he is angry at Clark for betraying him. Becoming a monstrous Satan figure to Clark Kent as he becomes his joker.

Why I am doing this

Because Jon Kent and Connor would make a interesting rivalry. Psychopathic son vs the good clone who is more a son to Clark at this point than Jon ever would allow himself to be. A rivalry between them would be nice.

So you basically want Jon to be Superman's (Pre-FP) Red Hood/ Jason Todd?

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Reboot Morgan Edge back to his Pre Crisis version, I felt he was more interesting than Post Crisis Morgan Edge who I felt was one dimensional
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Toyman. But I would have him be from the future like Abra Cadabra.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Conduit. Gotta adjust the reason there’s hatred between him and Clark since Secret Origins establishes Clark wasn’t a football star. Also instead of Kryptonite Powers I’d give him Dark Matter/Multiverse powers.

Astonishing Member

Back during World War II the US government had Project M which produced the so-called Creature Commandos before being shut down … at least as officially as any black budget department is really shuttered. While most of the big bucks went to nuclear weapons and space tech, low level research was done into various "unusual biological evets" continued under various names and authorities. In the late 1960's these were folded back into a single department- ProjectNA which in turn adopted a public face as research firm Cadmus Labs in the 1980's.

It was Project: DNA that first identified biological samples left by J'onn J'onzz early in his time on Earth. They also confiscated the notes of deceased scientist Alec Holland after his untimely death. So it only made sense that when Superman made his public debut followed soon after by The Flash, Diana of Themyscria, and other metahumans that Cadmus became tasked with finding a way to give the US government operatives that could operate on the same level. While there were other agencies that used different approaches (Project: Metal-Zero, Operation: Force of July, Project: Atom) none of them concentrated on creating replicable purely biological agents.

Experiment 1938 was the latest attempt to replicate a Kryptonian level operative. The prior attempts had mostly lead to dead-ends, monstrocities like the Bizarros or criminals like Nuclear Man. Researcher Paul Westfield claimed he had finally cracked the problem with the Kryptonian genome and had produced the longest surviving clone from a covertly obtained sample of Superman's blood. Unfortunately when Cadmus' facility was damaged during Doomsday's rampaged much of Westfield's research was lost and Experiment 1938 became activated later becoming publically known as Superboy.

Superboy (calling himself Superman despite being physically about 14 years old) briefly operated as a paid operative of Lex Luthor, who verified that this was Superman down to the DNA. Superboy was lured away from his employment with Luthor by an offer to be funded by Morgan Edge in exchange for exclusive media rights to Superboy's exploits. The contract with Morgan Edge was later overturned when Talent Agent Rex Leech legally argued that Superboy by any definition did not meet the requirements to be considered an adult when he signed those contracts.

Later revelations have come out about Superboy's creation. It seems he was never cloned from Superman's actual DNA. Westfield believed at the time that he was modifying his own DNA using genetic splicing to create a pseudo-Kryptonian based on similar metahuman abilities. This was further compounded by the discovery that rather than Westfield's own DNA, an operative for Lex Luthor had substituted KLuthor's own DNA as well as some artificial protoplasm Luthor had created/acquired.

Superboy has recently returned to superheroics having vanished shortly after the public revelations about his origins. He and Superman are discussing the need for him and Superman's own son to decide on who will use the Superboy name. Superboy is using the cover identity of Conner Lane, which has been established with the help of Batman, and living in Smallville with Superman's childhood friend Pete Ross.

Superboy's powers (so far) consist of:

Super-Strength: His actual muscle tissue is far more durable and enable him to lift weights in the range of 1 kilo-ton without any other enhancement.

Durability: Superboy's body is able to resist most concussive damage. He has withstood a fall from over a mile high with no physical injury. He is less resistant to various energy attacks and has been injured by certain dense metallic blades wielded by sufficiently strong opponents.

Enhanced senses: Superboy can see objects upto a mile away with as much detail as if they were right in front of him. His hearing is sufficient to follow a whispered conversation across a stadium during a heated football game.

Speed: Unenhanced Superboy can run at speeds approaching 300 MPH. His reflexes are roughly 25 times faster than a normal person.

Tactile TK: Superboy has an inherent field of psionic energy which at rest augments both his muscles and his physical structure. If he is standing stationary he can use this to duplicate any feat of strength or durability (including resisting energy or weaponry) performed by Superman. He also can use these abilities to fly at speeds approaching Mach 3. Moing faster than that is possible although it will start to impact his strength and durability enhancement. Superboy also can extend the range of his field enabling him to shield other people or to manipulate objects he is "touching" although again use of this power diminishes it's "strength. A sub-effect is that Superboy can either hold a supply of oxygen around him when leaving a breathable atmosphere or shield himself from certain gas attacks if he is aware of them.
    Note: this is a conscious power and if caught off-guard or rendered unconscious Superboy often loses all TK ability enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Reboot Morgan Edge back to his Pre Crisis version, I felt he was more interesting than Post Crisis Morgan Edge who I felt was one dimensional
    I made only one caveat/rule - you can't just change them back to be like they were in a previous run/era.

Astonishing Member

Superman

In the far future the world is doomed and hoping to save themselves from this disaster a group of scientists create a hero by combining the various meta-genes to vreate the ultimate human being. They send their creation into the past hoping that he will steer history in a direction that bypasses their doomed one.

Calling himself Superman the new hero operates publicly (no secret ID) and survives by selling stories of his exploits (written by publicist Lois Lane) and giving live performances (think Houdini, Evel Knievel, and David Blaine rolled into one).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Superman

In the far future the world is doomed and hoping to save themselves from this disaster a group of scientists create a hero by combining the various meta-genes to vreate the ultimate human being. They send their creation into the past hoping that he will steer history in a direction that bypasses their doomed one.

Calling himself Superman the new hero operates publicly (no secret ID) and survives by selling stories of his exploits (written by publicist Lois Lane) and giving live performances (think Houdini, Evel Knievel, and David Blaine rolled into one).
    I'd limit his powers to those he had in the early issues of Action but with the types of levels he has now. So no flight or heat vision but still able to survive a nuclear blast or crush a car down into something the size of a fingernail.

Extraordinary Member

Linda Danvers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post

Why I am doing this

This actually was the original interpretation of Jon in the New 52 Universe.

It was only later that he was reinterpreted.

Astonishing Member

I would make Jon Kent/Superboy officially Superman’s sidekick.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Reboot John Henry and Kon once they're done mucking with continuity. Take them both out of Reign and give them separate beginnings. Scrap the Johns Lex Jr stuff and make Kon a non Kryptonian with pure TTK, scrap the Jimenez "Mr. Lang" stuff for Steel. Have him as the adopted guardian for Nat and make his armor repurposed from the Superlex armor. Kon has no human identity and Steel works as Clark's scientific right hand. Superboy operates from the west coast, Steel operates from the tesseract fortress seen as Jersey City's second moon.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Interesting. I found them identical in the sense that they were front runners, with some cool developments in the first few years before just settling in.

I dunno if they should try to bring him back if they don't bring back other Kirby stuff or at least make GBS relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Toyman. But I would have him be from the future like Abra Cadabra.
    I'd be down for Nimball to become the premier weapons expert. Either from the future or gifted like Nimrod or the original Terra Man.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Oh man Steel having the Tesseract Fortress would be perfect.