Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Reboot One Superman Character

Let's say DC wants you to reboot/retool just one Superman character. Could be Superman himself, one of his supporting cast, or a villain. Only caveat is you can't just change them back to be like they were in a previous run/era. So, who do you change, and how? Can only be one.

BANNED

Make Jon Kent evil because Clark ***** up in a really bad but understandable way. Jon intimate knowledge and ability to psychologically destroy Clark making Jon Kent into a Satan figure to Clark Kent. His hatred for Clark should be understandable, not something that Clark can truly be able to apologize for.

Maybe this can be his backstory....https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...storyline/amp/

Jon Kent is resurrected of course, but he is angry at Clark for betraying him. Becoming a monstrous Satan figure to Clark Kent as he becomes his joker.

Why I am doing this

Because Jon Kent and Connor would make a interesting rivalry. Psychopathic son vs the good clone who is more a son to Clark at this point than Jon ever would allow himself to be. A rivalry between them would be nice.

But I would not do any of this within continuity

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    Make Jon Kent evil because Clark ***** up in a really bad but understandable way. Jon intimate knowledge and ability to psychologically destroy Clark making Jon Kent into a Satan figure to Clark Kent. His hatred for Clark should be understandable, not something that Clark can truly be able to apologize for.

Maybe this can be his backstory....https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...storyline/amp/

Jon Kent is resurrected of course, but he is angry at Clark for betraying him. Becoming a monstrous Satan figure to Clark Kent as he becomes his joker.

Why I am doing this

Because Jon Kent and Connor would make a interesting rivalry. Psychopathic son vs the good clone who is more a son to Clark at this point than Jon ever would allow himself to be. A rivalry between them would be nice.

So you basically want Jon to be Superman's (Pre-FP) Red Hood/ Jason Todd?

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Reboot Morgan Edge back to his Pre Crisis version, I felt he was more interesting than Post Crisis Morgan Edge who I felt was one dimensional
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Toyman. But I would have him be from the future like Abra Cadabra.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Conduit. Gotta adjust the reason there’s hatred between him and Clark since Secret Origins establishes Clark wasn’t a football star. Also instead of Kryptonite Powers I’d give him Dark Matter/Multiverse powers.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Reboot Morgan Edge back to his Pre Crisis version, I felt he was more interesting than Post Crisis Morgan Edge who I felt was one dimensional
    I made only one caveat/rule - you can't just change them back to be like they were in a previous run/era.

Astonishing Member

Superman

In the far future the world is doomed and hoping to save themselves from this disaster a group of scientists create a hero by combining the various meta-genes to vreate the ultimate human being. They send their creation into the past hoping that he will steer history in a direction that bypasses their doomed one.

Calling himself Superman the new hero operates publicly (no secret ID) and survives by selling stories of his exploits (written by publicist Lois Lane) and giving live performances (think Houdini, Evel Knievel, and David Blaine rolled into one).

Astonishing Member

Why I am doing this

This actually was the original interpretation of Jon in the New 52 Universe.

It was only later that he was reinterpreted.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Why I am doing this

This is jason toddish as someone else here said. not that i would mind jon taking on more jason toddish role. Heck! I would add in the goldenage superman or luffy-esque flair as well . To be different, How about we reverse this? How about we make the kid the hero, superman and his clone can be the bad guys? Heck! With Bendis's run it wouldn't take much effort to just replace ultraman with superman and lois. They are the abusive and neglectful. Conner follows in Clark's foots steps,after denying the legacy. He takes on a role of a traditional savior of metropolis figure. Conner telekinesis goes into massive upgrades. Lex's memories and intelligence began to be triggered in conner. He becomes more of a showman in terms of his psyonics. He becomes sort of like the silverage superman . He is uber powerful outsider. He faces the challenge of his personhood being coming to question due to him being a clone. his own resemblances to postcrisis superman being something used to enforce that and drives doubts in him. He actively ran from it before,now begins to face it. He has all these wierd out there adventures. He is the most powerful being in the universe. His stories are essentially morality plays.

Jon is sort of like the spiderman-esque,friendly neighbourhood dude who has mischievous adventures as well. He is more of an acrobat in terms of movement. He doesn't fly in traditional sense. Jon just becomes disillusioned by Superman, his royalty status and him as a figure.Jon is the outlaw fighting for the little guy. He starts living with jimmy and bibbo. He doesn't have a strict rule against killing. Kids are of the table. Anything that threatens a child would get their daylights beaten out of them. He kinda isn't a sun god. Jon is the idealist, with a disregard for rules.He wears the old and superman's first suit. this time, its a gift from dick grayson, alfred and damian wayne.It's kindof a return gift from him for the nightwing idea. Dick grayson gives him a suit of a colleague of his parents(cough! Cough! Original superman) . He makes some alteration to house of el symbol to piss of the corrupt and his own family.

Jon would be this with more lean build and messies hair. He turns the symbol of el house back to just an s for superman.

Clark becomes the earth's president. He is on a quest to unify the universe with united planets initiative. Clark can't make mistakes now.lo and behold! The kid causing trouble and chaos. On top of that, he himself is starting to fall into the darkseid of intergalactic politics. He starts to question the effectiveness of united planets. Owing to certain doubles standards and moral inconsistency. Influence and diplomatic power deciding certain policies and decisions. His own personal love life and reporting duties face challenges as well. Ma and pa starts to feel clark is becoming too embroiled in the politics. Ma and pa takes on the sanctuary duties for metas. Lois and clark have disagreements

Essentially, i bring back all three supermen through three supers. Clark is the "classic" farmboy postcrisis superman. Conner is the silverage-man of tomorrow. Jon is the goldenage defender of the defenceless outlaw.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-08-2020 at 01:11 AM.

Make Jon Kent evil because Clark ***** up in a really bad but understandable way.
    I am sure we will get an evil alternate of The Metropolis Kid at some point.