Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    i mean kara is better at just owning the power girl mantel becsuse shes pg is basically a shallower version of her. Kara might as well go all the way in being a composite of the two.
    Disagree strongly. Power Girl has an established personality, while writers can't decide if Kara is a supposed to be a sweetheart or a mean,moody and selfish brat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, let's not talk about the character that raped Nightwing.

No, she absolutely is not. Supergirl and Power Girl are very different characters. This is about as good as combining GLs or Flashes into one.

They're extremely different characters with a similar starting point. Kara would be a terrible Power Girl. Anyone who has read her adventures knows that. Did you just read her wikipedia article or something?
    An older, mature Kara might be a decent Power Girl, but writers would actually have to give Kara a consistent personality and allow her to mature first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    ...Another idea, Vartox is the real name of Morgan Edge and owns Galaxy Communications where they own cable companies on multiple planets and galaxies.
    I like that one. Of course, Morgan Edge is Vartox...starring Burt Reynolds!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    An older, mature Kara might be a decent Power Girl, but writers would actually have to give Kara a consistent personality and allow her to mature first.
    "An older, mature Kara with a new personality could be a good Power Girl."

Why settle for a decent Power Girl when we already have a great one? So completely change her character into Power Girl? That would really suck for Supergirl fans. Just keep them separate. There's room for both. No need to mangle anyone.

Mighty Member

Kon-El

Bring his Pre-Flashpoint Origin back and let him age up.

Take his ToT Superman body, so he is like 280 pounds muscular guy.
    Give him a black Superman Costume, so its like a Nightwing Costume with the red S, but add also some other parts just for style.
    I dont know how its called, but I mean something like Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat has around his waist.

So he has the black Costume with red Logo and this bands around his waist, so it looks like a combination of Superman with traditional warrior costume.

He also wears leather bracelects around his arms, in black with red symbols (over the costume).

Unlike Clark Conner trains in martial arts and other things.
    He learns also to expand his TTK to Full TK like H'El had.

This is actually the best, coolest version of Kon who I would really love to see...

So Kon gained more strength,speed etc. over the years, rivaling Clarks strength and maybe superior and thanks to his combat training he is feared and he is more ruthless compared to Clark.

The Full TK+White lantern ring also makes him the probably most powerful Superhero on Earth ever...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    "An older, mature Kara with a new personality could be a good Power Girl."

Why settle for a decent Power Girl when we already have a great one? So completely change her character into Power Girl? That would really suck for Supergirl fans. Just keep them separate. There's room for both. No need to mangle anyone.
    I don't want Supergirl to become Power Girl, I want writers to make up their minds on Kara's personality. The only times when Supergirl's personality doesn't completely flip flop are the TV shows and cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Kon-El

Give him a black Superman Costume, so its like a Nightwing Costume with the red S, but add also some other parts just for style.
    I dont know how its called, but I mean something like Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat has around his waist.

So he has the black Costume with red Logo and this bands around his waist, so it looks like a combination of Superman with traditional warrior costume.

He also wears leather bracelects around his arms, in black with red symbols (over the costume).

This is actually the best, coolest version of Kon who I would really love to see...

So Kon gained more strength,speed etc. over the years, rivaling Clarks strength and maybe superior and thanks to his combat training he is feared and he is more ruthless compared to Clark.

The Full TK+White lantern ring also makes him the probably most powerful Superhero on Earth ever...

You are a perfect candidate for battle boards, not so much ongoing story telling.

Superman is only. 6'3 230ish,so why would kon be 280lbs?
    And DC won't make him a God, like you want for him, and keep him around in a ongoing, atost we will see him in the big yearly event books or as a villian.
    Having all the kryptonian powers, plus TTK/TK is a huge power set as it is, he doesnt need anymore powers than that.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Kon-El

You went full fanfic, bud.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Hey! To be fair, we have an couple of gazillion batmen running around and one guy who is all powerful batman. Comics is fanfic. It's just authorised fanfic. @masterff writing a story wher conner beats the one above all by dancing wouldn't out of the blue. Conner being good at hand to hand was great in young justice tvshow. The kid in young justice is clearly more goldenage superman inspired.

Extraordinary Member

This one is *probably* - no, certainly - cheating...

The Legion of Superheroes

Okay, hold-up: let me be clear, this is much more about trying to figure out a clear instrument for dealing with reboots, relaunches, retcons, and time-wimey wibley-wobley shenanigans that the franchise is cursed with, but maintain some continuity, without just shuffling off whole runs and versions offscreen permanently.

Basically... the Legion(s) that connect to the contemporary Superman stories are connected not by clear, unconquerable causality... but instead, a high probability Hypertime “tether.” And that tether *can* be threatened, torn, reforged, or spliced... and anyone who hails from the contemporary time directly will notice.

Young Clark Kent, right when he begins to learn the nuances and full capacity of his capabilities, is threatened by a time traveling Brainiac (number unknown, but not 5, who opposes it) from *a* future Clark could be tied to - since the Brainiac programs tend to immediately lock onto each others’ “bandwidth” and seek to overwrite each other, this was a desperate move made by the Brainiac program and in a particular time travel method that has some, well, side effects.

The three founding members of the Legion followed Brainiac through the portal, along with Brainiac 5, since the time travel method creates a causal “tether” between their timelines that *will* cause aftershocks on their timeline. They take out the rogue Brainiac program, with 5 effectively downloading him and “deprogramming” him on a software level... but have to bring Clark back with them to deal with a Phantom Zone escapee, Jax-Ur, who was working with the rogue Brainiac program.

This exchange - and later exchanges in the forms of Starman, Mon-El/“Valor”, X-S, Jimmy Olsen, other Superboys, Supergirl, and other shifts in Brainiac 5’s programming - tie the two time-periods together...

...but if anything happens to the Superman time-period, it can impact the Legion’s time-period... but doesn’t have to - because Hypertime is a flexible and malleable version of time travel and dimensional theory. Because the two periods are connected, they often create a certain “feedback” loop that repairs and cleans up any disparities without any major changes to the two periods (Brainiac 5 notes “Time heals all wounds - literally”). Sufficient changes can and will cause chaos though - and this sometimes means that Brainiac 5, Mon-El, etc, maysometimes come hurtling back in time to ally with the contemporary heroes because their home timeline has been cast into chaos, entropy, and destruction if they can’t restore it... and there’s no guarantee they’ll restore it properly.

And sometimes, even Brainiac 5, Mon-El, etc. aren’t immune to the changes either. The result is that there’s a small cadre of LoS (and LoV) members who can realize when they’re timeline is being changed or threatened... but to different degrees. Only X-S, and her cousin Impulse, are likely to recall all of it.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    You are a perfect candidate for battle boards, not so much ongoing story telling.

Superman is only. 6'3 230ish,so why would kon be 280lbs?
    And DC won't make him a God, like you want for him, and keep him around in a ongoing, atost we will see him in the big yearly event books or as a villian.
    Having all the kryptonian powers, plus TTK/TK is a huge power set as it is, he doesnt need anymore powers than that.
    Actually I never really looked at the "official" weights, but looked more at the pictures....

"Official" numbers might be different, but I would rather say TT Conner is about 220 pounds, Clark (depends on the artist and if you are looking at Pre-Flashpoint of NEW52) is about 270-280 pounds.
    I take the Comic-Pictures and compared them with Bodybuilders/Wrestlers.

But ok-this is ALWAYS speculation...

280 pounds was to much-but I would say as tall and muscular as Clark is...

I would develop him based on Pre-Flashpoint Events:

-YJ (immature,TTK only)
    -TT (Kryptonian Powers+TTK)

My Idea is that he died during IC, Tana died as they were on Hawaii and also Bart was killed.
    Because of this he realized that also he isnt immortal and that he has to grow, develop his powers in order to protect them and himself.
    It also makes sense, since Superboy Prime is free again!!

So I like that he also goes for example to Apokolips etc. in order to train and travel around to absorb energy also from blue sun,other stars etc.
    He gets in contact with martial arts masters and learns how to develop his TTK...

The white lantern ring serves here more to make him commander or so of the white lanterns so that he distinguishes himself from Clark and bridge the Gap to Clark.
    So Clark is the Superman of JL, but Conner has the white lantern ring...
    And I like the Idea that he uses different colors of the ring, guided by his emotions.

I first thougth to give him a yellow/red lantern ring only, but this would make him more evil and also would only use his negative emotions.

My Idea ISNT about to make him a god, but make him equal to Clark, so the JL has to call him when a big villain comes, he can also save the JL etc.
    I LOVE the Idea that White Lantern Conner is a force which they have to consider, but he also dont give a damn about what the JL says.

The JL often patronized the Titans/TT so it would be cool when he tells them to stop and that they should show respect when talking to his team.
    I dont remember in which Issue it was, but I LOVED when Mr. Terrific scolded someone because he didnt show respect to Mr. Terrifics Team.
    Also Cyborg was great in Graduation Day.

So the Idea its actually PERFECT, because it considers the events of Pre-Flashpoint and its a LOGICAL progression.

It includes:
    -Travelling around the universe to learn,to absorb energies
    -Fights also against Mongul and sons of Darkseids
    -Maxima and Knockout as villains, who also try to seduce him,make him evil etc.
    -bring back Black Zero as one of his Arch-Nemesis
    -him and Cassandra marrying and translocating to Hawaii-so he gets his own place to protect
    -I also like that Pele (Goddess of Hawaii) choses him as her champion
    -as member of the White Lantern Corps he can also join the Blue/Green etc. Lanterns in fighting extraterrestrial threats
    -
    -
    etc.

You can easily make 2,000 issues out of these ideas and in the final issues the big Rematch:

Superboy Prime vs White Lantern Conner!!

More I write about the Idea, better it gets:
    It was shown that Black Zero was very powerful, had an army of Doomsdays and had ships etc. and was sure that he could conquer any world.
    It would be cool to see Black Zero coming to this Earth (change his look to a more modern look) with Knockout as his gf/wife

I like to see Black Zero as big threat, so he also defeats Wonder Woman,Flash...thanks to his powers+intelligence and than he fights vs Conner and Knockout fights vs Cassandra...

So actually:

Clark Conner
    Doomsday-> Superboy Prime
    Maxima-> Knockout
    Ultraman-> Black Zero
    Mongul-> Kalibak
    Metropolis-> Hawaii

Prankster as the human form of Mr. Myxtyplx(?). He created a human identity to mess with Superman/Clark kent. Or its how people in our dimension perceive him so he runs with it.

Prankster is what the other 5th dimension denizens call him.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Having her, along with Ultraman, as PG villains could be nice, especially since she doesn't really have any good bad guys herself.
    That is fair considering the only rogue I consider to be uniquely hers (unless I read about any more) is just some generic arms dealer. However, I don't think anybody needs to be reimagined, she can just fight that person.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Prankster as the human form of Mr. Myxtyplx(?). He created a human identity to mess with Superman/Clark kent. Or its how people in our dimension perceive him so he runs with it.

Prankster is what the other 5th dimension denizens call him.
    I like this! And I want to do my own version!

The Prankster, Oswald Loomis... And Mr. Mxyzplk
    Oswald Loomis was an out of work entertainer form a defunct show called “The Prankster” in a bad spot. Bitter, bored, and depressed, he was getting suicidal, when Intergang came along and tried to recruit him with some Apokiliptikan tech as a distraction/menace for Superman... And Loomis promptly rejected their stuff, not out of concern for others, but because their “material was unoriginal and no fun.” Intergang took this rejection about how you’d expect, and sent him flying out a skyscraper window for his impudence...

...But Loomis’s body disappeared from the morgue, and the Prankster soon emerged on the scene again, somehow knowing exactly where to go and what to do to modify various odds and ends around Metropolis to create elaborate set-ups and “pranks” for Superman to foil. These can range from merely severe nuisances to genuinely terrifying threats to world security... but are all, on their surface at least, something that a regular human being could procure or modify all by themselves with enough patience and time on their hands.

Superman finds himself usually defusing and dealing with Prankster’s schemes with a certain formula - it’s a genuinely creative and unexpected “prank” that eh has to figure out before he stops them. Sometimes he doesn’t quite keep up, and Clark Kent ends up reporting on a wacky thing that happened in Metropolis that Superman failed to foil.

However, every once in a while, Superman catches up to Prankster, at which point the charade falls - Loomis is dead, and his form and personality are merely the tools through which Mxyzplk engages in his usual fun with Superman. Any time that Superman forces the Loomis disguise to fade, Mxy treats it as a kind of advanced boss level where he can use some of his powers. If Superman wins, Mxy returns to Loomis’s form and starts over at “zero” in terms of resources and connections, but if Mxy wins, than he does something that sticks with Superman until their next meeting... and no matter what, he “suspends” Superman’s knowledge of these encounters between appearances - he doesn’t want Superman cheating.

Understand - Mxy is a fan, but a sometimes malicious and capricious one. He *usually* doesn’t kill anyone, and often anything serious he does juts becomes gambles and wages that Superman tries to win back in their next encounter... but there are some times where Mxy loses his temper.

And that’s very bad.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I like this! And I want to do my own version!

The Prankster, Oswald Loomis... And Mr. Mxyzplk
    Oswald Loomis was an out of work entertainer form a defunct show called “The Prankster” in a bad spot. Bitter, bored, and depressed, he was getting suicidal, when Intergang came along and tried to recruit him with some Apokiliptikan tech as a distraction/menace for Superman... And Loomis promptly rejected their stuff, not out of concern for others, but because their “material was unoriginal and no fun.” Intergang took this rejection about how you’d expect, and sent him flying out a skyscraper window for his impudence...

...But Loomis’s body disappeared from the morgue, and the Prankster soon emerged on the scene again, somehow knowing exactly where to go and what to do to modify various odds and ends around Metropolis to create elaborate set-ups and “pranks” for Superman to foil. These can range from merely severe nuisances to genuinely terrifying threats to world security... but are all, on their surface at least, something that a regular human being could procure or modify all by themselves with enough patience and time on their hands.

Superman finds himself usually defusing and dealing with Prankster’s schemes with a certain formula - it’s a genuinely creative and unexpected “prank” that eh has to figure out before he stops them. Sometimes he doesn’t quite keep up, and Clark Kent ends up reporting on a wacky thing that happened in Metropolis that Superman failed to foil.

However, every once in a while, Superman catches up to Prankster, at which point the charade falls - Loomis is dead, and his form and personality are merely the tools through which Mxyzplk engages in his usual fun with Superman. Any time that Superman forces the Loomis disguise to fade, Mxy treats it as a kind of advanced boss level where he can use some of his powers. If Superman wins, Mxy returns to Loomis’s form and starts over at “zero” in terms of resources and connections, but if Mxy wins, than he does something that sticks with Superman until their next meeting... and no matter what, he “suspends” Superman’s knowledge of these encounters between appearances - he doesn’t want Superman cheating.

Understand - Mxy is a fan, but a sometimes malicious and capricious one. He *usually* doesn’t kill anyone, and often anything serious he does juts becomes gambles and wages that Superman tries to win back in their next encounter... but there are some times where Mxy loses his temper.

And that’s very bad.
    I dig it.

My take on Toyman is a mechanical engineering prodigy who grew up to be a very childish/petulant adult.