Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Since nowadays EVERYONE receives godlike Powers I think its time to give Conner Kent a HUGE!!!!!!! push.

I think its ridiculous to have a Legend like him, who exists since years and fought against Superboy Prime,Doomsday, sacrificied his Life etc. being inferior to such new Characters like the Super-Man of China, Jonathan Kent etc. etc. etc. etc.

Version A:

Take NEW52 Superman and call him Conner Kent.

I liked the suit, attitude,age etc.
    But it was more Conner than Clark.

So he is 25 years old, he has the NEW52 Superman Suit and his Kryptonian Powers at the Levels of a normal Kryptonian of his age + the traditional TTK who begins to get stronger and he can do more things with it and TTK doesnt depend on the Sun (ITS METAHUMAN!!!!!!) and he also has Luthors Intelligence.
    I liked the idea of Chris Kent having more powers, because of his connection to the Kryptonian God Nightwing.

So he has Full Kryptonian Powers like every Kryptonian, is weaker than Clark, because he is younger.
    BUT!!! he also has TTK, which are augmented because of his connection to Nightwing:

TTK:
    -simulate Kryptonian Powers (Super-Strenght, Super-Speed, Flying etc.)
    -Boost Mode (since he can simulate Supermans Powers, he can also use TTK to increase his Super-Strenght, Super-Speed etc.)
    So he can become stronger than Clark if he uses Super-Strenght and use TTK....
    -TTK Shields (like the Titans of Tomorrow Superman has, which protected him from magic)
    -TTK Blasts which he can use in various forms...

Nightwing Power Set:
    -Psionic Constructs like Green Lantern
    -Teleport
    -augmented TTK to Full TK
    -Nightwing Sense (Chris had the sense to see everything what was in the shadows)

So this is like a mix of the Meta-Human Conner and the Half-Kryptonian Half Human Conner...Because things like the not being dependend from the yellow sun were already in the Comics as he was Meta-Human...

The Boost Mode was displayed with the NEW52 Superboy and also Martian Manhunter for example can use Telekinesis in such a mode..

So he is a cooler, younger Superman who is the cool "uncle" to Jonathan.
    The rich cool uncle who lives together with his Super-Hot Amazon Girlfriend (Cassie), Bart and Tim in Gateway City.
    I like that he drives a Ford Mustang, a Harley Davidson and is a young famous engineer who runs a company together with his best friends Tim Drake,Bart and his GF.

With his TTK he is like a mix of Superman and Son Goku (Beast Mode is like a Super-Sayajin).

He already has TTK Blasts, so it would be only logical and cool if he can learn to fire them also like the Dragonball Characters...

Version B:

I personally would love to reboot Kon-El in a kind of H' EL....
    I like the idea of him being a Speedforce Mix between between NEW52 and Pre-Flashpoint Superboy.
    65% Kryptonian 25% Darkseid and 10% Lex Luthor

Darkseid, because it was never explained from who the remaining 10% of NEW52 Superboy came from.

So he has ALL Kryptonian Superpowers AND FULL-Telekinesis.
    He acts at H'El Level which is far superior than Diana,Clark,Martian Manhunter etc. could EVER reach.

So irs basically the good Version of H'El:

-Speed and Reflexes at Wally West Convergence Level
    -Strenght at Superboy Prime Level
    -Senses of normal Kryptonian
    -Heat Vision, Freeze Breath etc. like normal Kryptonian
    -Luthors Intelligence Level
    -Telepathy at Psymon,Martian Manhunter,Grodd Level
    -Full TK with all what H'El did: attack Enemies at molecular level, creating tornados which are strong enough to hold Superman etc. back, also create psyonic constructs, Telekinetic Blasts etc....
    -Martial Arts skills trained by Karate Kid of the Legion...

He opens an own company like Lex,Bruce,Mr. Terrific......

So he is a rival for both "fathers"

For Lex in Science and Wealth
    For Superman as Superhero

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Reboot John Henry and Kon once they're done mucking with continuity. Take them both out of Reign and give them separate beginnings. Scrap the Johns Lex Jr stuff and make Kon a non Kryptonian with pure TTK, scrap the Jimenez "Mr. Lang" stuff for Steel. Have him as the adopted guardian for Nat and make his armor repurposed from the Superlex armor. Kon has no human identity and Steel works as Clark's scientific right hand. Superboy operates from the west coast, Steel operates from the tesseract fortress seen as Jersey City's second moon.
    No human identity? Why? It simply doesnt work....how should he marry, work etc. etc.?

Besides the TTK Superboy would never be as strong or good enough to replace Clark and to be serious, his Powers and stories were also quite boring...and he was always inferior to Clark and he would be much inferior to Konan Keng, Jonathan Kent etc.

If pure TTK, then make his TTK always active and make him surpass the Speed,Strenght etc. of Clark..
    So he isnt A Z Level Superhero, but a better Superman...

For me Superboy always started with the black Shirt Half Kryptonian Conner...
    Last edited by Masterff; 04-12-2019 at 03:33 AM.

The Toyman. He's a viscious sociopath who makes puppets from the corpses of the people he kill.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    No human identity? Why? It simply doesnt work....how should he marry, work etc. etc.?
    The idea is rather lost on people: he's Superboy, why does he need to work? He doesn't need food or money. Why does he need to pretend, especially when everyone else in the superfamily has that same trope? As a clone he has a 16 year life gap that he can't fill in retroactively, and ironically when you mention marriage and a kid (another thing well covered elsewhere) it turns out being something he doesn't need a strong sense of being human to have.

Besides the TTK Superboy would never be as strong or good enough to replace Clark and to be serious, his Powers and stories were also quite boring...and he was always inferior to Clark and he would be much inferior to Konan Keng, Jonathan Kent etc.
    But... no matter what you call him or have for his powers, he'll never replace Clark anyway.

For me Superboy always started with the black Shirt Half Kryptonian Conner...
    I see. I can part with the continuity I used to love and the hundreds of Kon comics across four titles they put out at his height if it means a return to prominence. If they managed to revise the t shirt version to optimize those concepts, sure that sounds cool too.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Terra Man! He has the same basic origin, criminal kid raised by the greatest stage coach robber criminal ever, until the day he gets abducted by aliens and converted into a Super Powered Space Bounty Hunter Cowboy able to ride through harsh space unprotected! He can take down Lanterns, Thangarians, Daxiams, and what not. He's got something personal against Superman, because way back when, a Kent took in his father and the whole crew. When he hears that a Kent is the worlds greatest superhero, he comes back ready to deal justice. There ain't no way an alien is claiming the title of "Superman", especially no Kent!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    The idea is rather lost on people: he's Superboy, why does he need to work? He doesn't need food or money. Why does he need to pretend, especially when everyone else in the superfamily has that same trope? As a clone he has a 16 year life gap that he can't fill in retroactively, and ironically when you mention marriage and a kid (another thing well covered elsewhere) it turns out being something he doesn't need a strong sense of being human to have.

But... no matter what you call him or have for his powers, he'll never replace Clark anyway.

I see. I can part with the continuity I used to love and the hundreds of Kon comics across four titles they put out at his height if it means a return to prominence. If they managed to revise the t shirt version to optimize those concepts, sure that sounds cool too.

In Titans of Tomorrow he already followed Clark after his death, so he is his natural follower....
    I also think that as a clone etc you have the need for a family etc. and for food etc. and money for Girlfriend etc.
    I loved Conner also because of his relationship with Cassie, which was for me the best Relationship in DC History, besides Ralph and Dibny..
    If you exclude a social live it makes him just boring etc. I loved him also because of his social live...

You can also say WHY do CLARK need to work etc. he can also be Full-Time Superman.....

For ME Conner was ALWAYS the better Character and also the better Superman than Clark ever was..
    I would have replaced him immediatly...

-His origin is more interesting: Being Half-Lex and Half-Superman was a very very cool idea and I also liked that they explored it....
    -He was also the cooler character than Clark, I loved his attitude etc. while Clark was more the boring character...
    -The combination of the TTK with Kryptonian Powers was also cooler and future Versions like Black Zero and ToT Conner showed also how cool both powers can work together and Black Zero showed also that he might be more powerful than Clark
    -He had the better, more interesting relationship: Cassie and Conner was for me always the better couple than Lois and Clark....I would also really love to see which kids a demi-goddess and a half-kryptonian will have.....
    -His death was also cooler, I liked that he had doubts etc. but then overcome them and also showed how powerful he is by battling the immense powerful Superboy Prime
    -He and the Titans and he and Young Justice were also better than Clark and the Justice League, I LOVED how they played Truth or Dare as kids etc. they really developed a FRIENDSHIP and FAMILY instead of being just a Team...

I really think that the development etc. which the character in Pre-Flashpoint had was 85% perfect and I would keep it only change 5 points:

1. Bring Cassie-Conner back
    2. Make him smarter (I never understood why he was so, because Clark is smart, Lex is incredible intelligent and also Black Zero was a genius), so with his TTK I think he should be able to become at least in the field of engineering a genius
    3. Use his TTK more, Black Zero and Titans of Tomorrow Superman showed how they can take advantage of
    4. Give him the Tattoo like he has in the Titans TV Series.
    5. Let him age and become 25 or so......

I would hope for a reboot, they use Pre-Flashpoint as basis and use Conner like an uncle to the young Jonathan.
    Two Titans Towers:

1. Titans West:
    Wally
    Dick
    Red Arrow with Lian
    Tempest
    Donna
    Starfire

2. Titans East
    Conner
    Cassie
    Raven
    Megan
    Bart
    Tim
    Static

I would love to see Conner with TTK (highly advanced, Black Zero, Titans of Tomorrow Superman, the Doomsday Clone with TTK showed how powerful TTK is), Full Kryptonian Powers, married to Cassie, living in an appartment house with Tim,Stephanie,Bart and Megan..So they all have different appartments, but a common house.
    Conner,Bart,Tim working together for a company...

Conner here just as "cooler" Version of Clark, so Clark is this kind of conservative guy, while Conner wears leather jacket, has the Superman Tattoo since his creation, drives a Harley and an old Mustang, works as engineer, having the attitude of the Superboy Comics, but also being smart...

Simply the "cool", "punk-rock" Version of Clark, who lives in another town, but still has very close ties to Clark,Lois,Jonathan and I would also love to bring Martha and Jonathan Kent back in Smallville, so you basically have 3 parts of Family in different towns...

I'd reboot Ultraman from Earth-3. Basically instead of giving him a fictional biography, I'd give him a fictional publication history, so that on another world, Ultraman first appeared in Crime Comics # 1 or something like that. For every major event in Superman publication history, Ultraman would have one too. Fake comics written and drawn as if they were from the Golden, Silver, Bronze, post-Crisis ages, etc. would populate his stories, interspersed with "modern" stories of Ultraman trying to re-establish himself as the top dog of the underworld after an absence. None of this Injustice "Syndicate rules the world" stuff. He doesn't want to rule the world, he wants to rule the mob, to extract as much dirty profit as he can. Why? Because despot stories have a different feel to them than mafia stories or crime stories, and action crime or mafia stories are what I like about Ultraman in my conception.

The basic frame of Ultraman's life is that he was raised by a lowlife mob enforcer. All the other elements of his life can be extracted from that based on Superman's. In the Golden Age, Ultraman became a super-villain as a young man. In the Silver Age, he started younger, as Ultraboy. In 1986 there was a miniseries that changed his backstory extensively and now Ultraman was never Ultraboy at all. You get the idea.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I'd reboot Ultraman from Earth-3. Basically instead of giving him a fictional biography, I'd give him a fictional publication history, so that on another world, Ultraman first appeared in Crime Comics # 1 or something like that. For every major event in Superman publication history, Ultraman would have one too. Fake comics written and drawn as if they were from the Golden, Silver, Bronze, post-Crisis ages, etc. would populate his stories, interspersed with "modern" stories of Ultraman trying to re-establish himself as the top dog of the underworld after an absence. None of this Injustice "Syndicate rules the world" stuff. He doesn't want to rule the world, he wants to rule the mob, to extract as much dirty profit as he can. Why? Because despot stories have a different feel to them than mafia stories or crime stories, and action crime or mafia stories are what I like about Ultraman in my conception.

The basic frame of Ultraman's life is that he was raised by a lowlife mob enforcer. All the other elements of his life can be extracted from that based on Superman's. In the Golden Age, Ultraman became a super-villain as a young man. In the Silver Age, he started younger, as Ultraboy. In 1986 there was a miniseries that changed his backstory extensively and now Ultraman was never Ultraboy at all. You get the idea.
    This is brilliant. I'd love to see it done for real.

Mighty Member

For a new Kon EL, I would also really really love to see a Energy/Kryptonian being like the Lana Lang Superwoman-Electric Superman..
    (HUMAN LOOKING!! AND SOLID BODY)

So make him Meta-Human, who can use not only Sun, but also Radiation,Electricity etc.

-Strenght at Kryptonian Level
    -Senses of Kryptonian
    -Speed and reflexes superior to Kryptonians, at Flash Level (because his powers are based on Energy, not primarily at Sun)
    -Invulnerability also against Kryptonite, because he is not a Kryptonian
    -Self-Sustenance

so far mostly like a Kryptonian, but he doesnt have the kryptonite and red sun weakness, because he can absorb all type of energy, so it doesnt matter if sun is red,yellow etc.

Instead of Super-Breath,Heat Vision he uses TTK and has the power of Electromagnetic Spectrum Manipulation and Electrokinesis like Lana Lang as Superwoman could do....

This I would REALLY REALLY love to see: A solid body Superman who has Super-Strenght, traditional Superman Senses, but instead of the "normal" Kryptonian Powers the energy based powers of Lana Lang Superwoman and Electric Blue Superman....

I liked the character, the character only had the problem that he was designed to replace Superman, which logically didnt work and they made him not a solid body...

Metallo always struck me as awesome (maybe it’s his name). I’d reboot him as kind of an anti-hero, a “robocop” type of injured soldier put back together as a cyborg. The US Government releases him to deal with extraterrestrial/supernatural/metahuman and especially Kryptonian threats. He comes into conflict with Superman on an ideological basis as he is a “seek and destroy” type. Go with his Terminator-esc look, as that was always my favorite.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Intriguing. I want to read 'Death of Ultraman'.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I would read Ultraman as Tony Soprano. I love, love, love mob politics fiction, and putting a cape on that sounds amazing. Using Superman's publication history as a guideline is also pretty inspired.

If they'd have just done this as opposed to Injustice, I'd be devouring that book right now.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Terra Man! He has the same basic origin, criminal kid raised by the greatest stage coach robber criminal ever, until the day he gets abducted by aliens and converted into a Super Powered Space Bounty Hunter Cowboy able to ride through harsh space unprotected! He can take down Lanterns, Thangarians, Daxiams, and what not. He's got something personal against Superman, because way back when, a Kent took in his father and the whole crew. When he hears that a Kent is the worlds greatest superhero, he comes back ready to deal justice. There ain't no way an alien is claiming the title of "Superman", especially no Kent!
    I really, really dig this idea, Johnny. There was always something so damn confident about Terra Man's origin. It used old spaghetti western ideas, but just confidently presented in, well, space. You adding the idea that Terra Man doesn't even give a damn about the fact that Clark is an alien, but rather is more fixated on the fact that he's a Kent is a a strong, simple, and effective idea.

There's a new found sense of western style dread to when her and Clark finally clash. If this were a movie Tarantino would write and direct it.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 04-13-2019 at 01:35 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I really love some of these ideas!
    I'm going to do a curve ball and say Nightwing. I'd have Dick Grayson take more direct mentorship from Superman as he was transitioning out of the Robin persona. I'd have superman give Nightwing access to kryptonian technology and bring him more into the Superman family. He'd be a bridge between the Superman and Batman books and have his own sphere of influence developed with the titans. I basically want to show mite of Superman's inspirational role in other heroes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I really love some of these ideas!
    I'm going to do a curve ball and say Nightwing. I'd have Dick Grayson take more direct mentorship from Superman as he was transitioning out of the Robin persona. I'd have superman give Nightwing access to kryptonian technology and bring him more into the Superman family. He'd be a bridge between the Superman and Batman books and have his own sphere of influence developed with the titans. I basically want to show mite of Superman's inspirational role in other heroes.

We already have:

Batman/Superman
    Tim/Conner
    Damian/Jon
    Kara/stephanie

Dick already have access to the Wayne Technology...

So I strictly think that Conner and Jonathan should take this role, they need the mentorship and technology more than Dick does.....