Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Tim.

Loves his everything except his origin. Spiderman-esque hero is fine, but having him as sidekick for Batman when he has home and without his parents's consent just damage Batman's character as an adult who let a kid jump into danger. Making Tim's life more egdy and depressed after he got Robin title helped that point.

I will reboot him as orphan maybe but just like Bruce he's loaded with money but no relatives. And keep everything else, like he deduced Batman's identity, willingly want to be Robin to save Batman and everything.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 11-02-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Duke Thomas - I love Duke but I feel he's slowly wasting away in Batman's bat gallery. While Batfamily is an excellent launching pad, I feel that as time goes on and he's further underutilized, him being part of the bat-clan has widdled awayband overshadowed him as a character a bit. like Hill straight up changed his powerset to tit's opposite make him feel more in line with the "Bat" image, even though it's completely antithetical to Duke's identity as a hero. So if I were to reboot him here are some minor tweaks I'd make where I feel he could've been done better.

I would keep his story more or less the same up until Dark Nights Metal, but the main thing I would want to change is start hitting on his sun/solar visual motif and seeding connections to the Heavy Metals, immortals, his metahuman lineage, and Batman's reasons for watching over Duke's family earlier. We don't need his powers hinted at or revealed any earlier than they were but I feel they would have a way clearer handle on Duke's character if they had been a bit more candid about mystery involving his familial meta connection earlier on.

I know it was due Snyder having to retool Duke's character to work around editorial interferences but that's why I would want to go back and fix that since I feel what he landed on with Duke is very intriguing.

Once we get to his nameless era where he was training with Bruce with no name (All-Star Batman, Monster Men, etc.) I would start having Bruce introducing him more to Black Lightning as a mentor. I want to have Black Lightning be more of a support character for Duke (he's not Duke's Support Character, don't want nobody saying that, that's just his role in Duke's stories) that pops up here and there to provide. but mind you, we don't reveal his meta yet and he's still in Bruce's custody, but I wanna build that relationship for the next part.

When we get to Metal, where his powers are fully manifested and Bruce's interest in his metahuman lineage is revealed, I would have him moving fully over to Black Lightning as his mentor-figure once he becomes the Signal; which means no bats on his suit, just the sun motif. I know people feel he NEEDS to be draped in bats from head to toe to survive but I really feel it undercuts the whole idea that Bruce was trying to train a potential peer not a mini me, henchmen or an heir. So maybe we even find a way to move him out of The Narrows eventually and into Freeland so he can be closer to Black Lightning and his family. regardless, Duke should largely operate as a solo act, with typically only his Robin gang by his side. maybe even revive and rename the whole We are Robin movement and have him lead that army for himself (one day).

Anyway, take all that and add it to his official debut story as Signal in Batman and the Signal, then treat that book like a true blue team-up between a elder statesman showing the ropes to a new fresh faced colleague. So now by the time when he's sent to the Outsiders he 1. is a fully formed and realized independent character with something to add to the team and 2. he actually has a relationship with and a reason to talk to Black Lightning.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Red Hood is the result of Jason getting disillusioned with Batman's method following his near-death by Joker's crowbar and bomb. When Batman refuses to kill Joker the next time they met, Jason quit and was recruited and hidden by the League of Assassins. They moved him around a lot and once he's entered the All-Caste domain, Batman never found him.

Tim Drake came in because Batman becoming obsessed with looking for Jason that he's neglecting his city, but whether he became Robin because Jack Drake is still alive and it would be unethical to endanger him, whether Dick operates as Nightwing in Gotham while Batman's away looking for Jason, and whether Batman finally gave up after listening to Tim, I haven't decided yet

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I would reboot Talia's rapist + stalker storyline. It just ruins any depth her character had before, she went from Bruce's ambiguous supporting character --> Bruce's crazy baby mama.

I'd keep her being an abusive and toxic mom to Damian, she's still an Al Ghul, but I'd take away turning her into Deathstroke 2.0. Just someone who is loving to Damian and makes him feel conflicted like most toxic parents do. Not exactly a redemption reboot, just making her character less of a crazy evil ex caricature.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I would reboot Talia's rapist + stalker storyline. It just ruins any depth her character had before, she went from Bruce's ambiguous supporting character --> Bruce's crazy baby mama.

I'd keep her being an abusive and toxic mom to Damian, she's still an Al Ghul, but I'd take away turning her into Deathstroke 2.0. Just someone who is loving to Damian and makes him feel conflicted like most toxic parents do. Not exactly a redemption reboot, just making her character less of a crazy evil ex caricature.
    Tomasi already retconned that. Now Damian's conception is consensual and Son of Demon is officially listed as Damian's first appearance.

She's still abusive and toxic mother to Damian though.

I'd just make Nyssa closer to her Arrowverse counterpart.

Ratcatcher - An exterminator who one day worked a long shift going all over Gotham and everywhere he went he seen some horrible crime being committed only to be told half of his pay was taking out for his boss' vacation who was also taking Ratcatcher's fiance with them. Ratcher then realize they were apart of a big rat race in life and the dirtiest "rats" needed to be exterminated. Either that or a creepy hitman who uses chemicals and works for a Gotham mob boss.

I would have Magpie as Harley's sidekick. She would be a deconstruction/parallel of Robin similar to how Beware the Batman had her as a parallel to Catwoman.