Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Reboot One Wonder Woman Character

Let's say DC wants you to reboot/retool just one Wonder Woman character. Could be Wonder Woman herself, one of her supporting cast, or a villain. Only caveat is you can't just change them back to be like they were in a previous run/era. So, who do you change, and how? Can only be one.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Let's say DC wants you to reboot/retool just one Wonder Woman character. Could be Wonder Woman herself, one of her supporting cast, or a villain. Only caveat is you can't just change them back to be like they were in a previous run/era. So, who do you change, and how? Can only be one.
    That takes out half of my desires

I'd complete the "all the old Villainy Inc members are back in canon" trend that comes and goes and revamp Hypnota. I'd make her a hybrid and a demon from Hindu mythology (it looks like there are various types) who can transform back and forth to human and demon form. She'd have her Blue Ray hypnotic ability along with demon strength and weapons. How she'd look in demon form isn't solid, my mind goes to the typical Kali-like multi-armed blue skinned creature, but I'm sure there are other types she could resemble.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That takes out half of my desires
    I know the comics fandom too well.

Zara, Priestess of the Crimson Flame. I'd re-imagine her as an Ifrit, a creature of fire from Middle Eastern stories.

Steve Trevor. Now he's gay, and he was in the Air Force but quit over DADT. Instead he worked as a civilian pilot with a focus on humanitarian missions, sometimes into conflict zones when he crashed onto Themyscira.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Astonishing Member

I would change it so that Wonder Woman was actually a rebel to the Amazons. The Amazons originally worshipped Ares but Diana, seeing the destruction that the Ares’ influence caused, decides to leave the island which is how she ended up in Washington, DC.

Near the end of Greg Rucka's run, Veronica Cale would have found a way to take the 'faceless curse' afflicted upon her daughter, onto herself. At some point after the Rucka run, Diana would reveal her human face to be an illusion of science, to the entire world. Cale would become her definitive, go-to arch-nemesis, ..and this curse, easy for readers to understand, would become a big part of her motivation to destroy WW.

I would add Cale having had a past romance, with Steve Trevor.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-11-2019 at 06:30 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Sharkeeta

A bio-engineered warrior/mercenary under Queen Clea's employ. This would flesh out Queen Clea's world and add some underlings to her roster.

Really, I just want this badass shark mermaid with wings to appear again.

Mouse Man becomes regular size, retains his control of rodents, and becomes as formidable as Cheetah due to some kind of science alchemy mix.

This thread was made for me, but I'm three weeks into two months of heavy deadlines.

Ideas I have stuck on the top of my head: Blue Snow Man, Angle Man, Wonder Girls 1, 2, and 3, Philippis, the Cheetah, Artemis.

Incredible Member

Mister Genie - still make him a playmate for Diana as a child, and have him be less bumbling but fun and whacky. They still have adventures together (under the sea, in outer space, etc), but the motivation for those adventures is to find his body, which was encased in ____________ (insert word for magic material here) by an ancient Amazonian sorceress, and only by freeing the body can his spirit move on. This is finally accomplished when Diana is a teenager, and in doing so, she experiences joy at helping her lifelong friend and loss as he moves on.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

There would be more tribes of Amazons who would be given gifts from the Gods. Some would be hostile to Diana’s tribe, and there’d be contests over who would be the representative to Man’s world.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Fantastic Member

Reinvent Wonder Girl, make her the former Devastation.

Incredible Member

Grail

In my reboot, Grail would keep her current design, but she would be a descendant of Medusa. Instead of Omega Beam, Grail would have a Gorgon Blast that would turn people to dust. Unlike Medusa, Grail would be able to control her blast thus she would be able to be a long term rogue that could occasionally team with other villains. This way Grail is an original villain and with no ties to Darkseid, I think it would open up more opportunities for Grail to have her own agency.

Pretty much every character in the Wonderverse could use a reboot (with the possible exception of Diana herself), so I'll just go one at a time:

Steve Trevor:

Shorter (5'8"), Leaner (150 lbs), Younger (24 years old,fresh out of military medical school) than Diana (6'2", 200 lbs, ancient but looks 30 years old).

Still has the military background, but is already the most gifted physician in the armed forces (not quite Doogie Howser MD speed, but he was smart enough to graduate years ahead of time). Always wants to go to the worst medical disaster areas and help as many people as he can, but is too restricted by the military.

Falls for Diana instantly, but his work is his calling.

Also, best friend is his younger half-brother Barnes Trevor (same dad, different moms, who all still live together in a poly-amorous relationship).