Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Reboot One Wonder Woman Character

Let's say DC wants you to reboot/retool just one Wonder Woman character. Could be Wonder Woman herself, one of her supporting cast, or a villain. Only caveat is you can't just change them back to be like they were in a previous run/era. So, who do you change, and how? Can only be one.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Let's say DC wants you to reboot/retool just one Wonder Woman character. Could be Wonder Woman herself, one of her supporting cast, or a villain. Only caveat is you can't just change them back to be like they were in a previous run/era. So, who do you change, and how? Can only be one.
    That takes out half of my desires

I'd complete the "all the old Villainy Inc members are back in canon" trend that comes and goes and revamp Hypnota. I'd make her a hybrid and a demon from Hindu mythology (it looks like there are various types) who can transform back and forth to human and demon form. She'd have her Blue Ray hypnotic ability along with demon strength and weapons. How she'd look in demon form isn't solid, my mind goes to the typical Kali-like multi-armed blue skinned creature, but I'm sure there are other types she could resemble.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That takes out half of my desires
    I know the comics fandom too well.

Zara, Priestess of the Crimson Flame. I'd re-imagine her as an Ifrit, a creature of fire from Middle Eastern stories.

Steve Trevor. Now he's gay, and he was in the Air Force but quit over DADT. Instead he worked as a civilian pilot with a focus on humanitarian missions, sometimes into conflict zones when he crashed onto Themyscira.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Astonishing Member

I would change it so that Wonder Woman was actually a rebel to the Amazons. The Amazons originally worshipped Ares but Diana, seeing the destruction that the Ares’ influence caused, decides to leave the island which is how she ended up in Washington, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I would tell them to call back when they are serious. Altering just one will not get things back on track.