Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Diana herself.
    But only in the aspect of changing her from being Zeus' daughter (talk about Greek mythology cliche there). The idea of her being a demi-Goddess isn't bad, but being the daughter of Zeus? Pass. Perhaps someone like Apollo or Hermes? Or, to subvert expectations, Hephaestus?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Diana herself.
    But only in the aspect of changing her from being Zeus' daughter (talk about Greek mythology cliche there). The idea of her being a demi-Goddess isn't bad, but being the daughter of Zeus? Pass. Perhaps someone like Apollo or Hermes? Or, to subvert expectations, Hephaestus?
    Why is it so important that Diana has a father?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Why is it so important that Diana has a father?
    Its not. But since DC is adamant about it, I thought tackling it from a different angle would be interesting. Subverting expectations.

Diana herself.
    Hephaestus is my choice.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Make her the daughter of a demigod. Stick close to the myths and have Hippolyta be a daughter of Ares (kinda sorta vaguely is already? lol), and her father just some guy (bring Theno back from obscurity). He powers come from her lineage to her mom plus Amazon training and/or divine blessings.

Her powers coming from Zeus is a big no-no. It's not a deal breaker for me as long as they don't talk about it much (Wilson is doing a pretty good job so far, as did Rucka), but it goes against her narrative. Having a father in general doesn't necessarily, but the specific choice of Zeus certainly does.

Troia aka Donna Troy.i would make her the Daughter of Jason.Diana's Brother and her mother would be the Amazon Grail.who wanted to use the child as a pawn against the Amazons.however Jason beat her to the punch and brought Donna home to be trained by her Mother and Grandmother.yeard later Donna received an psychic message from Lilith clay which brought her to man's world where she formed the Teen Titans.

I know the challenge is to reboot one, but howabout six? I've been tinkering with the notion that the Amazonian faith is slightly different than Greek, inspired by --and syncretized with --other, neighboring mythologies.

So here are the Amazon Titans. Instead of six pairs of two, there are only six(seven) Great Gods, bound in a group marriage.

King-of-Ice, the Great Horned God of freshwater, the cold, wisdom, memory, and judgment
    Oceanus/Coeus/Mnemosyne/Enki

Stone-Smith, the Great God of the underworld, mountains and caves, craftsmen and artisans
    Iapetus/Phoebe

Green-Man, the Great Stag-bodied God of the seasons, plants, weather, harvest, agriculture
    Cronus/Geb

Mother-of-Blood, the Great Lion-headed Goddess of animals, reproduction, parenthood
    Rhea/Tethys/Tefnut

She-Who-Burns, the Great Goddess of passion, power, fantasy, mystery, rage, destruction
    Themis/Thia/Crius

Sister-Day and Sister-Night, the conjoined Great Goddesses of the overworld, light, darkness, and dance
    Nut/Nyx/Hyperion

Minister Blizzard is rewritten as being the human form of Jack Frost. He was bound to human form by a group of sorcerers when he tried to plunge the world into endless winter. Having recovered his memory, he seeks to complete his goal.

Gundra is a survivor of Ragnarök, since the Old Gods in Kirby’s Fourth World I think were intended to be the Norse Pantheon, and unable to accept being one of the last survivors of her entire people has gone about trying to revive them or lead the other survivors into conquering Earth as a New Asgard.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Make her the daughter of a demigod. Stick close to the myths and have Hippolyta be a daughter of Ares (kinda sorta vaguely is already? lol), and her father just some guy (bring Theno back from obscurity). He powers come from her lineage to her mom plus Amazon training and/or divine blessings.

Her powers coming from Zeus is a big no-no. It's not a deal breaker for me as long as they don't talk about it much (Wilson is doing a pretty good job so far, as did Rucka), but it goes against her narrative. Having a father in general doesn't necessarily, but the specific choice of Zeus certainly does.
    Actually I absolutely DONT like her as daughter of a god or so.
    I liked the Pre-Flashpoint Origin and I would use it for her, so she was formed out of Clay and brought to live trough the wish of Hippolyta.
    So Donna and Diana have almost the same origin.

Make Cassie again the daughter of Zeus and so making her the only demigodess again of the three.
    Let Cassie also have elektrokinesis, not only trough her lasso and let her grow up and also let her (like ToT) train with Ares etc.
    I would also like that she wears a kind of black counterpart of Dianas Costume (the gladiator style one).

Fantastic Member

Diana herself.
    How about Hades? People who watched theJustice League animated series thinks that he's Diana's father.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Gundra is a survivor of Ragnarök, since the Old Gods in Kirby’s Fourth World I think were intended to be the Norse Pantheon
    They were. Kirby wanted to do a proper Ragnarok story in Thor, kill all of the characters off, and have new gods arise. But Marvel wasn't willing to kill Thor like that, so Kirby took the idea with him when he went to DC.

Anyway, the first thing that came to mind isn't my idea, but it's a really damn good one and worth posting. Wonder Tot is actually a 5th dimensional imp, like Myx and Bat-Mite, sent to earth to keep tabs on Diana.

My own idea is a retcon of Donna Troy. Well, sorta. What I'd do is go back to the idea that Wonder Girl was just a time traveling, younger Diana. So young Diana comes to the modern world, hangs out with her older self, and calls herself "Donna Troy" to avoid rousing suspicions. I'd have "Donna" present a different origin story each time someone asks, because she can't remember what her cover story is (Diana's a terrible liar, and young Diana is even worse at it), as a nod to Donna's bonkers history.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Cassie Sandsmark/Wonder Girl

I actually liked her early days when she was accumulating items that gave her powers. But I know a lot of people like her being part of the Olympian family. And she should be connected to the Amazons.

Cassie Sandsmark is the granddaughter of Hermes and an Amazon (who received prophetic dreams that led her to leave Themyscira and seek out Hermes). Helena Sandsmark had an affair with Hermes's son without knowing the man's heritage.

Hermes and some of his fellow gods gave Hermes' son items that would aid him in his heroic destiny: Winged Sandals, a Belt of Strength created by Ares, a Shield Amulet made by Hephaestus that grants a level of invulnerability, a Ring of Disguise (Hermes is the god of thieves), and a few others. But all these centuries later, Hermes' son is not using them (for Good Plot Reasons), and so, when he becomes aware of his daughter Cassie, he passes them along to her.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    How about Hades? People who watched theJustice League animated series thinks that he's Diana's father.
    Thats even worse....

Etta Candy. Very curvy thick woman red hair woman. She doesn't work for the military. Rather a singer. She makes Diana because Athena sent Diana to the college.