Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Had kind of an idea for Dr. Poison where she's actually been around since WW1 (like the movie) but has been using a variety of chemicals and gasses she's developed to extend her life, sort of as a twist on Diana and the Amazon's usual immortality. Her traditional costume also functions as a life-support suit similar to Darth Vader's armor.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-19-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Jason. Hear me out.

I would restructure him as a multiversal entity that manifests outside reality, as a white construct that holds Diana's adventures together. He never speaks, but is always seen and--

He's the gutters between panels. There. Get rid of that kid.

If anything, he might work is brought back not as her brother, but perhaps a mythical figure that exists in legend for the Amazons. He was born to them long ago and died long ago, and he served as an example that men weren't inherently evil but man's world lost its way. Make him the in-universe reason no writer is allowed to write the Amazons as misandrists. They had a man born to them, he was cool and lived among them for a time. Maybe he died to illness or defending Themyscira from Ares in the past, but they know there's nothing inherently evil about one sex or the other.

I'm sick to death of "they have no men do naturally they hate them." Come on, man. Obviously you shouldn't need a man born to the Amazons as proof of that, but if it helps, do it.

But he's dead. Really dead. Like ain't gonna be no rematch dead.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-19-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Have Jason be Diana's Earth-11 counterpart (the one where everyone's the opposite gender).

Purple Rottweilers should be native to Paradise Island ..and rained to bounce projectiles off little doggy-bracelets. Consider Wonder Mutt rebooted!

As for Prince Jason...I don't understand the controversy. He's the son of a blond Hippolyta (not the current one) and Zeus from a parallel universe, created during the Azzarello run, ..otherwise known, as the New 52. His first depiction in the DCU is being the blond queen's son! The post-Rucka, Rebirth Jason, so horribly acquitted by James Robinson should be ignored, ..and that could be helped along by giving the character blond hair.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind Prince Jason - never even given a proper superhero codename - joining the Gloal Guardians, as its new Olympian, who Robinson showed to be in a state of decline, as Greece's superhero. Considering his name, backstory, introduction and costume, all riddled with Argonauts references, ..that appears to be the direction Robinson was going with him, anyway.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-20-2020 at 05:38 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Diana herself.
    But only in the aspect of changing her from being Zeus' daughter (talk about Greek mythology cliche there). The idea of her being a demi-Goddess isn't bad, but being the daughter of Zeus? Pass. Perhaps someone like Apollo or Hermes? Or, to subvert expectations, Hephaestus?
    Hera, she magically impregnated Hippolyta

White Magician - A small time magician who made a deal the Dark Gods to grant him great power and turns out to be a spy for Godwatch or Villainy Inc.

Maxima seduces Superman with what he could have, with her, ..if only gave up his need for restraint of his awesome power. Catwoman tempts Batman with what he might enjoy with her, if only he became a predator and thief among men, instead of our protector. These are classic femme fatales.

Aside from the fact that the homme fatale isn't as common in popular literature, outside of romance novels, ..I just don't see that Wonder Woman has such a character in her on-going narrative. As a freedom-loving Amazon, she is more a crusader and revolutionary, than a warmonger. I don't see anyone, among her rogues, who might seduce her into thinking, otherwise about war-making or the preservation of freedom.

I think the homme fatale for Diana will pervert her ideas about violence and conquest, through her potential for compassion. If Diana encountered a man, who was a reluctant dictator or soldier, tormented by what he perceived to be an obligation or mission, he could not refuse, ....I think we might have our homme fatale. Perhaps, he is essentially a male mirror of Wonder Wonder, nearly as powerful and as much crusader as she - a revolutionary in a faraway land - but using tactics, repugnant to Diana's ethical code. There would ensue a chase! Then, she'd have a seductive opponent, with whom enmity very much resembled what Batman has with Catwoman.

Anyone here ever read Wuthering Heights or seen the movie? Sorry...Shades Of Grey doesn't cut it.

We're looking for a Byronic hero, in the classic tradition. That is Diana's homme fatale, her Heathcliff, ..and he doesn't presently exist.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-20-2020 at 06:18 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Maxima seduces Superman with what he could have, with her, ..if only gave up his need for restraint of his awesome power. Catwoman tempts Batman with what he might enjoy with her, if only he became a predator and thief among men, instead of our protector. These are classic femme fatales.

Aside from the fact that the homme fatale isn't as common in popular literature, outside of romance novels, ..I just don't see that Wonder Woman has such a character in her on-going narrative. As a freedom-loving Amazon, she is more a crusader and revolutionary, than a warmonger. I don't see anyone, among her rogues, who might seduce her into thinking, otherwise about war-making or the preservation of freedom.

I think the homme fatale for Diana will pervert her ideas about violence and conquest, through her potential for compassion. If Diana encountered a man, who was a reluctant dictator or soldier, tormented by what he perceived to be an obligation or mission, he could not refuse, ..I think we might have our homme fatale. Perhaps, he is essentially a male mirror of Wonder Wonder, as much crusader as she - maybe, a revolutionary in a faraway land - but using tactics Diana finds against her own ethical code.
    There's always this guy!
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Alcmaeon_(New_Earth)
    IIRC, Alcmaeon tried, quite unsuccessfully, to seduce and corrupt her.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    There's always this guy!
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Alcmaeon_(New_Earth)
    IIRC, Alcmaeon tried, quite unsuccessfully, to seduce and corrupt her.
    Please ignore ALL of that post. Just realized that I posted to the wrong thread...very sorry.

I still believe in a forest of purple Rottweillers, trained to bounce things off little doggy-bracelets. This must happen. Magda the Wonder Mutt must live!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-20-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Lol will do!

I would reboot Alcmaeon's story so I can cheat to reboot Fury (Helena Kosmatos), too.

I would keep the reboot pretty close to the original, but keep him alive. I'd make him Athena's champion instead of the Furies. But he's gone against her and used his wisdom in battle to destabilize the region wherever New Vladonia is and took over. He took wisdom in battle to mean ruthlessness.

He made a deal with Erinyes to borrow Fury, like how he had her on contract in the original.
    Fury embracing her dark side would rankle the Amazons as they've spent time helping her temper her thirst for vengeance, but she can't go against her patron goddesses.
    Diana is able to free Fury and New Vladonia. Helena turns her terrible gaze toward Alcmaeon thrilling the Furies as he a murderer, immoral and broke an oath to Athena.

It would give Fury <3 her strained alliance with Wonder Woman and Alcmaeon would try to turn Diana away from the Amazons, her beliefs and the gods (like Paula today!) by showing her the damage serving a god has done him and Fury. She would try to convince him that there are causes worth fighting for where he could put his energy and brilliant stratagems to good use.
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-20-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Dr. Psycho isn't a dwarf, his overuse of his powers has deformed his body.

Deborah Domaine - Distant relation to original Cheetah. Crazed & murderous eco-terrorist.

A reboot of Wonder Mutt could bring much missed Kanigher whimsy to the WW comic, perhaps, as a rescued Rottweiller, ..made purple, immortal and super-powerful, by the Purple Ray! Maybe, Diana rescued her from Nazis, after injuring her in WW II.

What about rebooting WM, as an Amazon born in a purple Rottweiler body? Why would she be purple, though?

The more I’ve thought about it, the more I’d like to see Etta Candy rebooted. I don’t prefer her in the military with Steve and would rather see her recreated/reclaimed as one of Diana’s BFFs, that often gets caught up in Diana’s adventures. They’re gal pals and sisters to the end. Etta would bring a different perspective to the Diana, Steve, and Etta triumvirate and to the Wonder Family of Hippolyta, Diana, and Donna - at least that’s how I’d edit/write Etta and her relationship to Diana and the other characters.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Deborah Domaine - Distant relation to original Cheetah. Crazed & murderous eco-terrorist.
    Be still my heart. Another fan of Ms. Domaine if you’re nasty.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I was thinking about Blue Snowman the same. A Eco terrorist that or a cult leader. That she stole a mythical weapon. I also had Mouse Man not a villain per se rather someone who is in it for the money.