Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default No X-men, Fantastic Four, & fox heroes in the MCU for 5 years or longer!

What it says.

Good. The X-Men franchise is laughable at this point and Marvel should take the time and let it air out before attempting to do anything with it again. And FF getting another reboot so soon after the failed one...just because it worked for Spidey doesn't mean it'd work for them.

That said, hopefully Marvel will start incorporating elements tied to those franchise into the universe sooner, like Kang or Galactus.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The only viable part of the X-Men appears to be Wolverine. The Logan movie was pretty good and I don't usually like his solo stuff. My one favorite story with Jean and Scott was ruined in "Last Stand" so maybe they might surprise me and do a better job.

I didn't watch the whole thing but Kevin Feige asked for and was sent a copy of Noah Hawley's script for the Doctor Doom movie. So the commentator might be off base there.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-10-2019 at 04:24 PM.

BANNED

It'll be good to give the X-Men a breather.

And the MCU has gotten along just fine without them or the FF so it's not like they need to incorporate either property before they're ready to.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It'll be good to give the X-Men a breather.

And the MCU has gotten along just fine without them or the FF so it's not like they need to incorporate either property before they're ready to.
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the news, besides going forward the MCU has plenty of stories that could be told with the FF or X-Men at the moment. Somewhat related I imagine that the FF and X-Men will begin to appear more in video games in upcoming years which would be cool if those games have the same level of quality as Spider-Man on PS4.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Niffleheim

They need a re-introduction to audiences and Eternals will explain their existence.

BANNED

Good things come to those who wait and if they plan things properly...then we can definitely get some great new takes on the X-men and the Fantastic four.

I guess they aren't in as much of a rush as they were with Spider-Man, but it's probably good for them to take their time to figure out exactly where to fit in the Mutants, the FF, and their world into the MCU which is already established. Even Spider-Man had his growing pains compared to past adaptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the news, besides going forward the MCU has plenty of stories that could be told with the FF or X-Men at the moment. Somewhat related I imagine that the FF and X-Men will begin to appear more in video games in upcoming years which would be cool if those games have the same level of quality as Spider-Man on PS4.
    I just hope the lack of a movie doesn't preclude the embargoes from being completely lifted now. Let the X-Men and FF start appearing in stuff like the cartoons or MCU TV Shows, since we're slowly seeing the X-Men make a return on the console gaming side.

(Although we've got a Dazzler cartoon coming out, which counts I guess?)

5 years is too long.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I like how with every new thread, somebody takes Feige's comment and spins it a bit more over the top than it was in the previous thread.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure it will be even five years, but the X-Men will need some time away so that people forget some of Fox's stuff. That being said, I fully expect there to be little clues and things show up in the meantime.

Don’t give a flip about the X-Men but it’s past time that the FF is done correctly and joins the MCU.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Noooooooo shot we don't see Deadpool again for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I like how with every new thread, somebody takes Feige's comment and spins it a bit more over the top than it was in the previous thread.
    It's truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    They need a re-introduction to audiences and Eternals will explain their existence.
    It would be a missed opportunity not to at least hint at the existence of the x-gene. For the next series of films.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 04-11-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I’m pretty fine with them not rushing into the X-Men. Could be a real clusterfluck if they don’t get it right and they’re not exactly desperate for new toys.

That said, I wouldn’t mind them trying to incorporate the F4 (and their villains) sooner. Doom or Galactus could be the big threat the MCU needs post Thanos.