Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

They're gonna release Dark Phoenix and New Mutants apparently, so it's not like they won't have anything out soon. I wonder if Marvel TV (i.e. Agents of Shield) might introduce some elements. The things is, everyone knows what a mutant is and their story like they know that Bruce Wayne's parents were shot. They need time to disassociate themselves from two movies that are gonna come out.

It would be useful for them to appear alongside the Avengers more and not a separate franchise as they've done throughout their media history.

Noooooooo shot we don't see Deadpool again for 5 years.
    Deadpool won't be in the mcu so they can make him. His movies will be in their own canon.

they should just stop with End Game. we lived through a great era of comic book movies. if you think that they'll top it, you're crazy. I wasn't exactly excited for the FF anyways. they tried it and failed. a few of the x-movies were decent. overall, the franchise is testament to just how hard it is to create a decent comic book movie. Feige and the Russo Bros are rare.

BANNED

I have ZERO interest in anything X-related so this delay is very much welcome news.

The Fantastic Four on the otherhand, is an entirely different matter.

As Marvel's First Family, I'd love to see them please aunched via the MCU proper, sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Deadpool won't be in the mcu so they can make him. His movies will be in their own canon.
    Says who? (honest question)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they should just stop with End Game. we lived through a great era of comic book movies. if you think that they'll top it, you're crazy. I wasn't exactly excited for the FF anyways. they tried it and failed. a few of the x-movies were decent. overall, the franchise is testament to just how hard it is to create a decent comic book movie. Feige and the Russo Bros are rare.
    LOL. I don't think anyone is exactly expecting them to top Endgame? They can just continue making good movies like they already were before IW and Endgame came. By your logic, comics probably shouldn't still be published either, the great classic stories have already been told.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    He's going to be in the MCU. For him not to be would be absolutely ridiculous.

It might take them awhile to figure out how to integrate him but it's going to happen, guaranteed.

BANNED

While Endgame is going to be the highwater mark that few movies will ever reach, if you don't think there are already plans in place to build to that next big moment, you're crazy.

At the bare minimum, Endgame is not going to be the last Avengers movie by any means.

I mean, it's right there in the comics - "The old order changeth!"

If Endgame doesn't set up the next Avengers roster, I'll be shocked. And get ready for the next movie with that line-up to happen within two or three years.

I expect that an Avengers movie with Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, maybe a new Captain America, maybe Spider-Man, and whoever else makes it through Endgame, will be quite successful. Call it The New Avengers and let the money roll in.

And the Russo's already have said they'd do Secret Wars in a heartbeat. If the next two MCU phases build towards that, it's going to dwarf Endgame.

Says who? (honest question)
    Well he could but Disney confirmed at CinemaCon Deadpool will stay under the fox name and not the mcu name. He could be in the mcu but it would be under fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    While Endgame is going to be the highwater mark that few movies will ever reach, if you don't think there are already plans in place to build to that next big moment, you're crazy.
    i know they'll attempt it. there is money to be made. but we've just been through a renaissance of sorts. and you know what comes after that (no, not the Enlightenment)? renaissance-lite. DC is already going to run it into the ground with their subpar material.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I see no issue with this.

They were already working on plans post-Endgame some 2yrs ago. Feige is known for his long game strategy.
    Somewhere during that the talks of buying Fox started. Feige most likely created a second scenario to accommodate the reacquisition of those characters.

Still, we already know we have the following coming for 2020-2023:
    1. Spider-man Far From Home (technical first post-EG film) start of Phase 4, 7/2019.
    2. Black Widow, 2020
    3. Eternals
    4. Shang-Chi
    5. Black Panther 2
    6. Doctor Strange 2 (not officially announced but you know)
    7. Guardians/Galaxy vol.3, likely 2023 we are told
    8. Ant-Man 3 (not announced but come on, it'll happen)
    9. Captain Marvel 2

That alone is 9 films, 8 starting 2020 since SM:FfH is the last 2019 film on the MCU slate.
    At 3 films per year(if they hold and I'm not sure they will for 2020 at least) that is 3 years out so the year is 2022 and that calendar year would theoretically need another slot or two. One which could be the next Avengers or Defenders if they so chose. Rehab that name from Netflix. Most "Phases have lasted 3-4 years so in 2023 they could announce X-Men and FF projects. 2023 would be about 4yrs removed from the buyout.

You'd likely have, 2024
    Black Panther 3
    Doctor Strange 3
    Eternals 2

Fantastic Four
    X-Men or Wolverine
    Captain Marvel 2

Silver Surfer
    Shang-Chi 2
    Black Widow 2

2027---->>>
    Avengers/Defenders film
    slot
    slot

I'm going to state the obvious, this is conjecture and clearly I'm just speculating. Any project and year is variable but we know the characters they are already committed to BEFORE they acquired the FF & X-Men back just weeks ago. It's just not ludicrous speculation.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I have ZERO interest in anything X-related so this delay is very much welcome news.

The Fantastic Four on the otherhand, is an entirely different matter.

As Marvel's First Family, I'd love to see them please aunched via the MCU proper, sooner rather than later.
    Totally agree and since the Russo brothers have said they want to do Secret Wars, that might be one way to get their characters in the MCU. They don't have to follow the 80's version or Hickman's to the letter.

Secret Wars is overrated and hasn't aged well. i tried rereading it last year. i'm not sure why people are so fond of it. i'd rather see Dark Reign or Secret Invasion.

BANNED

i know they'll attempt it. there is money to be made. but we've just been through a renaissance of sorts. and you know what comes after that (no, not the Enlightenment)? renaissance-lite. DC is already going to run it into the ground with their subpar material.
    If DC didn't run things into the ground already, it's not going to happen now that they seem to be turning the ship around.

And regardless, Marvel is its own thing.

Fans have been saying the comic book movie bubble was ready to burst since the early 00's. Instead, it's only gotten bigger.

The success of Endgame won't be surpassed immediately but, eventually, it will be surpassed. Marvel has proven that they're the masters of long term planning.

I'm just glad people like Kevin Feige don't have the mentality of some fans where they have no vision and see everything is such limited terms.

To look at Endgame as, well, it's been fun but now it's time to pack it in rather than "what mountain can we climb next?" is the difference between success and failure in this life.

Secret Wars is overrated and hasn't aged well. i tried rereading it last year. i'm not sure why people are so fond of it. i'd rather see Dark Reign or Secret Invasion.
    People are fond of it because it's arguably the first big company wide cross over. Getting to see practically ALL the heroes to team up and fight ALL the villains understandably was a big deal.

Today it's no big deal because we get a big company wide event with everyone crossing paths every year.

If they were to adopt Secret Wars to the movies, it would likely be a very very very lose adaptation. More than anything it would just be some excuse to have everyone team up and call it Secret Wars. It's not like Infinity War had a whole lot in common with the comic version.