Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i know they'll attempt it. there is money to be made. but we've just been through a renaissance of sorts. and you know what comes after that (no, not the Enlightenment)? renaissance-lite. DC is already going to run it into the ground with their subpar material.
    I don't think they'll attempt it for a while. Probably not until they get the all the Fox properites. A meeting of the Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four would probably be the only thing potentially more epic than what we got in INfinity War and End Game. And I say potentially, because those are big shoes to fill.

Until then they can downscale a notch. Something more low key like Secret Invasion I think can work.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    People are fond of it because it's arguably the first big company wide cross over. Getting to see practically ALL the heroes to team up and fight ALL the villains understandably was a big deal.

Today it's no big deal because we get a big company wide event with everyone crossing paths every year.

If they were to adopt Secret Wars to the movies, it would likely be a very very very lose adaptation. More than anything it would just be some excuse to have everyone team up and call it Secret Wars. It's not like Infinity War had a whole lot in common with the comic version.
    I was figured Secret Wars would be split into 2 parts: Part one mostly sticks with the OG set up but eventually leads into Hickman’s secret war which is the basis of part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I was figured Secret Wars would be split into 2 parts: Part one mostly sticks with the OG set up but eventually leads into Hickman’s secret war which is the basis of part 2.
    Which would probably work since Doom turns himself into the Big Bad either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I suppose Secret Wars could also be a way to merge the Fox properties with the MCU. Have them start off as completely different worlds, but have them all in the same world in the end.

Though that might all be too confusing for the movies.

I suppose Secret Wars could also be a way to merge the Fox properties with the MCU. Have them start off as completely different worlds, but have them all in the same world in the end.

Though that might all be too confusing for the movies.
    I don't think a Crisis on Infinite Earth's scenario would work as far as cohesiveness and integration in a cinematic universe is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they aren't in as much of a rush as they were with Spider-Man, but it's probably good for them to take their time to figure out exactly where to fit in the Mutants, the FF, and their world into the MCU which is already established. Even Spider-Man had his growing pains compared to past adaptions.

I just hope the lack of a movie doesn't preclude the embargoes from being completely lifted now. Let the X-Men and FF start appearing in stuff like the cartoons or MCU TV Shows, since we're slowly seeing the X-Men make a return on the console gaming side.

(Although we've got a Dazzler cartoon coming out, which counts I guess?)
    I imagine any cartoons made within the next few years will start featuring mutants or allude to them and the FF. While Spider-Man and GOTG have been cancelled, if I recall correctly, Avengers Assemble still has some life in it so that would be a good starting point. As for live action shows AOS would have been a no brainer but sadly it is ending soon.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    I imagine any cartoons made within the next few years will start featuring mutants or allude to them and the FF. While Spider-Man and GOTG have been cancelled, if I recall correctly, Avengers Assemble still has some life in it so that would be a good starting point. As for live action shows AOS would have been a no brainer but sadly it is ending soon.
    Avengers Assemble is pretty much over.

They cut down the episode count of the last season, there's been no word of a continuation, and I think some staff have basically confirmed they've stopped working on the show.

The only apparent ongoing Marvel Animation product right now is the Marvel Rising specials.

BANNED

People are fond of it because it's arguably the first big company wide cross over. Getting to see practically ALL the heroes to team up and fight ALL the villains understandably was a big deal.

Today it's no big deal because we get a big company wide event with everyone crossing paths every year.
    Yeah, in comic book terms, it's something fans are long used to by now.

But if the MCU did SW and it was the first big crossover film with all the Fox properties involved, that would be as huge for the movies as the comic was in its day.

And while the original SW story is no great shakes, I'm sure if the Russo's were involved, they could craft something better out of it.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Disney just announced the "What If" cartoon. The first will be "What if Peggy Carter was Captain America and Steve Rogers Iron Man?". That's just Disney Plus. Hulu will have more.

Are there other Marvel characters Fox owned the rights to besides X-men and FF?

Well the silver lining here is atleast we'll finally get them in the MCU. X-men is a lot to unpack and sort through so them takibg their time with it is a good sign.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Marvel has already been shown to be up for changing their plans when they ditched the Inhumans movie. I can see them sitting on things for a year or two, but I don't seem them sitting on them for 5 or more years. I think there will be a new FF or X-Men movie within the next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Are there other Marvel characters Fox owned the rights to besides X-men and FF?

Well the silver lining here is atleast we'll finally get them in the MCU. X-men is a lot to unpack and sort through so them takibg their time with it is a good sign.
    They certainly owned characters with ties to FF and X-Men but existed as comics franchises themselves, like Alpha Flight, which I'd love to see on the big screen before we get a reboot of the X-Men (or even FF).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Avengers Assemble is pretty much over.

They cut down the episode count of the last season, there's been no word of a continuation, and I think some staff have basically confirmed they've stopped working on the show.

The only apparent ongoing Marvel Animation product right now is the Marvel Rising specials.
    Well that is unfortunate to hear. Black Panther's Quest was the most I've enjoyed the series since the Squadron Supreme episodes. Although Marvel Animation is focusing on Marvel Rising I don't want to give up on my dream of seeing the Marvel equivalent to the DCAU. It's well passed time and I think Disney Plus would be a good platform to launch one.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Disney just announced the "What If" cartoon. The first will be "What if Peggy Carter was Captain America and Steve Rogers Iron Man?". That's just Disney Plus. Hulu will have more.
    I've been behind on Disney Plus news but these sound pretty cool. Real interested in seeing what else they produce.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Well that is unfortunate to hear. Black Panther's Quest was the most I've enjoyed the series since the Squadron Supreme episodes. Although Marvel Animation is focusing on Marvel Rising I don't want to give up on my dream of seeing the Marvel equivalent to the DCAU. It's well passed time and I think Disney Plus would be a good platform to launch one.
    I definitely agree Panther's Quest was pretty great, writing-wise, not that I think I'll miss Assemble much overall (or at least as much as I missed EMH).

I would love a series of Marvel cartoons equivalent to the DCAU, but I'm still not confident they could deliver on that front. They had their chance with the Loeb cartoons but dropped the ball with Spider-Man and The Avengers for the most part in my opinion.

I guess a silver lining is that the X-Men and FF got to avoid being a major part of that era...