Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Anya Corazon. Make her Araña again. Focus her more onto the mystical aspect of the Spider-Man and it more urban fantasy.

Astonishing Member

Half-reboot Ben Reilly. At least the Ben Reilly since Clone Conspiracy in 2016. That storyline completely destroyed his character and 3 years later he's only just starting to revert back to 90s Ben thanks to that convoluted twist in Spider-Geddon. Thanks, Slott!

Send Miguel O'Hara back to the future, and make him Kingpin 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Half-reboot Ben Reilly. At least the Ben Reilly since Clone Conspiracy in 2016. That storyline completely destroyed his character and 3 years later he's only just starting to revert back to 90s Ben thanks to that convoluted twist in Spider-Geddon. Thanks, Slott!
    Broke the rules! Now comes the Death Ray!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Send Miguel O'Hara back to the future, and make him Kingpin 2099.
    Would he be “fat”?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Would he be “fat”?
    Sure, why not? Stressful situations can do that to a body.

Astonishing Member

Make Jackpot Mary Jane and bisexual.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'll take my crack to "rewrite" Miles Morales to fit more into the 616:
    • Years ago a member of the Roxxon Family and the Roxxon Corporation, Donald Roxxon, tried to recreate the effects of Spider-Man. Donald hired a young Aaron Davis to aquire the DNA of Spider-Man to see if they could reverse engineer experiment.
    • Aaron ends up stealing the newly created Spider in a bid to sell it in the Black Market. While visiting his uncle, Miles ends up getting bit by the spider by mistake.
    • Aaron Davis is old buddies Hobbie Brown and together they created the Prowler Identity. Hobbie ended up going straight like he did in Canon, while Aaron got involved deeper in underground crime (working for Tombstone).
    • Jefferson Davis was a former soldier in the military. He was briefly considered a potential SHIELD recruit but he ended up settling down instead.
    • Similar to the Ultimate Universe, Miles discovers his powers, but due to his dad's distaste for Superheroes, he decides to keep them hidden.
    • It's not until the Spider-Island that Miles now finally have an "out" to openly use his powers. It's during this event that Miles ends up learning about Aaron's criminal activities (much like in the Ultimate comics).
    • After Spider-Island, Miles is now continuing his heroics. It's at this point that he and Pete finally have their first official face-to-face. Pete links Spider-Island events to why Miles has powers while Miles hides the details concerning his Uncle.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'll take my crack to "rewrite" Miles Morales to fit more into the 616:
    • Years ago a member of the Roxxon Family and the Roxxon Corporation, Donald Roxxon, tried to recreate the effects of Spider-Man. Donald hired a young Aaron Davis to aquire the DNA of Spider-Man to see if they could reverse engineer experiment.
    • Aaron ends up stealing the newly created Spider in a bid to sell it in the Black Market. While visiting his uncle, Miles ends up getting bit by the spider by mistake.
    • Aaron Davis is old buddies Hobbie Brown and together they created the Prowler Identity. Hobbie ended up going straight like he did in Canon, while Aaron got involved deeper in underground crime (working for Tombstone).
    • Jefferson Davis was a former soldier in the military. He was briefly considered a potential SHIELD recruit but he ended up settling down instead.
    • Similar to the Ultimate Universe, Miles discovers his powers, but due to his dad's distaste for Superheroes, he decides to keep them hidden.
    • It's not until the Spider-Island that Miles now finally have an "out" to openly use his powers. It's during this event that Miles ends up learning about Aaron's criminal activities (much like in the Ultimate comics).
    • After Spider-Island, Miles is now continuing his heroics. It's at this point that he and Pete finally have their first official face-to-face. Pete links Spider-Island events to why Miles has powers while Miles hides the details concerning his Uncle.
    Personally, I'd have Aaron just steal the suit.

Astonishing Member

Well, I would rewrite Gabriel and Sarah Stacy:
    + They are actually Peter and Gwen's children, like they were going to be originally; but not in the "classic" way.
    + Norman Osborn get DNA samples of both, Peter and Gwen, and use them to "create" Gabriel and Sarah in a laboratory.
    + After they are artificially born, we have the sick manipulations of Norman turning them against Peter and the whole stuff.

I could rewrite Gwen Stacy too.
    + The Jackal kidnaps Gwen Stacy BEFORE the Green Goblin's attack and replace her with a clone to avoid her disappearance to be noticed.
    + Gwen's clone dies, desintegrating into dust and revealing Peter that it wasn't Gwen who died. (Real humans don't die like that).

I could rewrite Toxin and Agent Venom:
    + Flash is bonded with Toxin's symbiote from the beginning, avoiding the whole drama of keeping it or sending it back to Eddie Brock.
    + Flash tames the young symbiote in a better way than Venom, having a complete symbiosis.

I could rewrite Anti-Venom too:
    + Its origin can be similar, but it's kept for a longer time.
    + It first bond with Kaine, as its healing abilities cures him from the clone degeneration and stabilizes him as a regular human.
    + Kaine uses the symbiote to be a hero, until Spider-Island happens and apparently loses it.
    + However, the Anti-Venom symbiote eventually reforms from Kaine and it's used to cure and stabilize most of the victims resurrected in "Dead No More".

Well, what do you think?

I'd fuse Ghost Spider and the Gwen clone.

Gabriel should be the Goblin Knight now that Phil Urich is out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd fuse Ghost Spider and the Gwen clone.
    Could be interested if handled correctly.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

I like Kaine, but I would make his past less convoluted.

BANNED

My choices:

-- I would reboot Jackal and the Clone cycle completely, or rather rework it to be closer to Gerry Conway's retcon in Spectacular Annual #8 "Return to Sender". Warren didn't clone people, he created a process that turned normal real people into lookalikes of his chosen targets. I'd also reveal that the guy who funded Warren and paid him his research was...Chameleon. Think about it guy who disguises himself to resemble other people, would be game to fund research and ideas into someone working on a process to basically convert regular people into lookalikes. The Clone story and Warren is basically a way to elevate Chameleon into a major villain. And I think regular people having their lives hijacked and overwritten to resemble physically and with the memories of people they don't know and are total strangers with has a kind of horror and poignancy and it keeps stuff to the real place that Spider-Man's stories are best at, rather than some arcane conspiracy petri-dish thing.

-- Gwen Stacy after the death of George Stacy, and after her failed support of Miles Warren and so on, dedicates to using her social, political, fiscal and academic abilities to gain revenge on Spider-Man and becomes a villain. Not a Goblin or any such thing, but basically a villain like Wraith...she basically becomes Elektra to Spider-Man. She's got the Daddy complex, misplaced vengeance, and so on. She doesn't get fridged. Heck it's still worth it to bring her back from the dead as the Red Hood of Spider-Man's mythos...why do men get to come back as badass anti-heroes and not women?

-- Spider-Man's supporting cast is lacking in LGBT representation, at least until Max Modell. But still Peter's peers in college and in the media world should have some LGBT types. Of the lot, I'd say Harry Osborn is most open to take in that direction, i.e. a deeply closeted self-denying guy on the spectrum who is strongly homosocial.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He dies the same way he normally does but the burglar was actually an assassin and the debut of Spider-Man coincides with the biggest gang war in history as the Crime Master, Osborn, Kingpin, Tombstone, and Hammerhead compete for power, the Bugle becomes a last stand for distorted truth in the face of a media corrupted by lies, the conflict and appearance of Spider-Man starts a local genetic arms race that leads to creation of all of the villains, and Peter has to face the dark side of his father figure's legacy, the most powerful criminals ever to hit New York, and a grand conspiracy that reaches to the highest levels of government, all while trying to live something resembling a life once Ben's secrets becomes public.

the original post was a joke but now I've got this whole pitch for it, cool
    Something like that was done in Peter S. Bagge's The Megalomaniacal Spider-Man, albeit mostly off-screen.