13 50.00%
  • Very good. 4 stars.

4 15.38%
  • Excellent. 5 stars.

2 7.69%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Personally im rather enjoying this run but I prefer not getting into debates about quality so im going to avoid talking about it
    Same, I'm getting to that point too. Going forward, I may just vote or post my initial thoughts and leave it at that.

The non-stop "feats" comments are getting ridiculously old, even if I agree with one occasionally.

Yup. I love to discuss symbology, themes, plots, character interactions, and characterisation every day of the week. Binary good/bad arguing, not so much.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Its just...I came to this forum to talk about Wonder Woman. Not to argue about whether or not im right to enjoy a specific storyline.

Astonishing Member

Its just...I came to this forum to talk about Wonder Woman. Not to argue about whether or not im right to enjoy a specific storyline.
    I do not think anyone is telling you that you're wrong to enjoy something in this forum, even if there are some users who are too abrasive on certain topics.

Trust me, I understand that it is irritating and tiresome to read constant and repetitive criticism of something that you enjoy. However, it is a discussion forum, so people will speak topics they want and care.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-21-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Please don't ever let anyone tell you you can't enjoy something! We all love or dislike certain aspects of various runs over the years, but no one should ever let their opinion interfere with your enjoyment!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The Good: Giganta and the fill-in artist that did the last half of the book.

The Bad: Pretty much everything else was just blah....
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Trust me, I understand that it is irritating and tiresome to read constant and repetitive criticism of something that you enjoy. However, it is a discussion forum, so people will speak topics they want and care.
    Agreed. But at the same time, moderation and respect for other posters are still paramount. Negative feelings and expressions (like "Wilson's run sucks") also have the side effect of driving away and silencing other expressions of enjoyment.

I have nothing against someone posting a negative review, as long as it is reasoned, also manages to pick up some good things, and the opinion isn't spammed. But that's not the situation we have had here for a while now.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I honestly think people headcannon Wonder Woman so much that they get upset when the comic doesn't match their vision.

I just reread the last few issues and I think they're pretty solid. Wonder Woman's character isn't boring and its a solid adventure story. Its not particularly nuanced though, but I'm not sure what else people would want from a WW story.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I honestly think people headcannon Wonder Woman so much that they get upset when the comic doesn't match their vision.

I just reread the last few issues and I think they're pretty solid. Wonder Woman's character isn't boring and its a solid adventure story. Its not particularly nuanced though, but I'm not sure what else people would want from a WW story.
    Not that hard...
    7E7C1EC7-A7A8-41F4-B568-743FE765998E.jpg
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I hate Batman though
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I hate Batman though
    WW Blackest Night made him persona non grata around these parts. I liked the idea for Gods of Gotham but not it's muddled execution

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Gods of Gotham was pretty good, but not great. It was one or two parts longer than it needed to be, and the dialogue hasn't aged well. Particularly out of the Joker/Deimos's mouth.

The following arc with the Amazon civil war was, IMO, much stronger and a better start to the Jimenez run.

I love Gods of Gotham. Paradise Island Lost was great too. I actually rate the Jimenez run very high. Right behind Perez and Rucka.

I just read 68 and gave it a 3. It was just ok, which is what every issue of this run has been so far to me. The art still kills me. And something about Wilson's writing still feels off. I will say this is the best arc of the run so far, so maybe she's getting a better handle on things. Idk, I'm on the fence whether or not I'll stick with it. The next arc doesn't sound good to me. Might just wait and see what everyone says.