• Good. 3 stars.

13 50.00%
  • Very good. 4 stars.

4 15.38%
  • Excellent. 5 stars.

2 7.69%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    She didn't do anything against the biggest giant. And it looked like she couldn't break free on her own. Wonder Woman hasn't had a full intense fight on her own in a long time. There is always somebody there to assist. And the way i see it. Extremes are never good. I don't demand to see her winning all the time, and have no challenge. But i don't want to see her always having help either, everytime she is facing big opponents.
    I just don't think that's a fair assessment but people see things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think I should write "in my case" or "for me" when I wrote that text.

I'm glad people enjoy this. I just don't enjoy much this, because I don't like much Wonder Woman in this.

I don't know why you need to mention the poll, it doesn't necessarily reflect the general opinion even in this forum (I hadn't vote in that poll).
    I'm sorry, I only mentioned the poll because some of us actually enjoyed #68 so everything is not all doom and gloom.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I'm sorry, I only mentioned the poll because some of us actually enjoyed #68 so everything is not all doom and gloom.
    Don't worry, I understand. As the harsh criticisms are often repeated in the forum, I can forget that there are people who enjoy it.

In my case, I have problems with this issue because it excited me for a moment, but it disappointed me at the end.

I do not give much importance to the aspect of powerhouse, so I do not have much problem with the lack of feats or that Wonder Woman receives help. However, Diana had overcome her doubts and released her power in this issue, but still loses in the end. That was dissappointing for me.

It would have been better if the loss of Diana was the next issue (with a more fearsome enemy), while she was undefeteable in this one.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-18-2019 at 05:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Attachment 81393

She was being heroic and took a stomp she could have dodged in order to protect Giganta. She smashed 8 Titans but you're complaining she didn't smash 9, forgive me but that seems a little unreasonable. She not an overpowered Mary Sue. Is she only supposed to have easy wins with absolutely no assistance? Where's the tension in that? Clearly it was written the way it was to show Maggie's new power (and Giganta's alarm) Diana was none the worse for wear so I don't see a problem, especially when she did this in a previous issue and rescued Maggie.

Attachment 81394

Turnabout is fair play and I still maintain that she didn't NEED rescuing.
    Whether she deeded it or not (debatable) she didn’t get to solve the problem. As with Ares in the first story arc, someone else steps in at the critical moment and does it for her. And I’m questioning why somehow Wonder Woman can’t control her own power.

If you think it’s unreasonable to expect that Wonder Woman actually be the one to solve the problem in her own book, then I’m going to have to start quoting “The Princess Bride”.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]https://www.cludo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Princess-Bride-Words-Meme.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

I was enjoying it too, right up to the last four pages.

The votes are perfectly tied, the average rating is "Good" at 3 stars. Half of us liked it half of us didn't, that's pretty much par for the course for most WW writers.
    Personally I don’t count 3 out of 5 as good. That equates to 6 out of 10, which in my book is passable or okay.

Had Disna shattered the giants foot, then just as she is about to do a finishing move Maggie turns up and it surrenders, I would have been much happier. But seeing WW show her amazing power by getting stomped on and not dying is not, for me, a satisfying conclusion to to the crisis at hand.
    Last edited by brettc1; 04-18-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Whether she deeded it or not (debatable) she didn’t get to solve the problem. As with Ares in the first story arc, someone else steps in at the critical moment and does it for her. And I’m questioning why somehow Wonder Woman can’t control her own power.

If you think it’s unreasonable to expect that Wonder Woman actually be the one to solve the problem in her own book, then I’m going to have to start quoting “The Princess Bride”.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]https://www.cludo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Princess-Bride-Words-Meme.jpg[/ATTACH]
    I don't think that's unreasonable, I think assuming she couldn't have defeated the last giant when she'd already vanquished so many just like him and then being upset that she didn't is unreasonable. You still haven't answered how you would have shown the power of Antiope's sword?

Extraordinary Member

I don't think that's unreasonable, I think assuming she couldn't have defeated the last giant when she'd already vanquished so many just like him and then being upset that she didn't is unreasonable. You still haven't answered how you would have shown the power of Antiope's sword?
    I answered that in post #35.

Symbolically the giants defer to its owner. So they could have just had Diana defeat the last giant and then the sword turns up. Having the crushed remains of the giants head acknowledge Maggie would have communicated the same message without (again) stealing Wonder Woman’s thunder.

The limits of how Wonder Woman saves the day are only within the imagination of the writer. In that regard, unfortunately, this arc and the first one with Ares display rather significant limitations.
    Last edited by brettc1; 04-18-2019 at 04:17 PM.

I answered that in post #35.

Symbolically the giants defer to its owner. So they could have just had Ariana defeat the last giant and then the sword turns up. Having the crushed remains of the giants head acknowledge Maggie would have communicated the same message without (again) stealing Wonder Woman’s thunder.

The limits of how Wonder Woman saves the day are only within the imagination of the writer. In that regard, unfortunately, this arc and the first one with Ares display rather significant limitations.
    Who's Ariana?

Extraordinary Member

iPad typo. Diana.

iPad typo. Diana.
    How did it get Ariana out of Diana? Elaine Dennis said it best, "I don't know how you guys walk around with those things". Android Baby!

Extraordinary Member

How did it get Ariana out of Diana? Elaine Dennis said it best, "I don't know how you guys walk around with those things". Android Baby!
    My phone is an android.

I’d say my iPad makes less gaffs with Diana than Wilson does.

Honestly, I'm so THRILLED with the Diana-Maggie-Aphrodite character dynamic and the prospect of the WW comic having an actual CAST, again, ..that I can forgive #68's obvious narrative short-comings. If Etta's out, let's move on with Maggie and the rest. I think the WW comic is going in the right direction, and let's hope her editors, presently the Bat-office, will care enough to enforce writers to use what's here and build on it, as we've seen in other comics!

Also, ..I'd love to see Doris join the cast, when and if Aphro goes back to Olympus.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-19-2019 at 07:00 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

My phone is an android.

I’d say my iPad makes less gaffs with Diana than Wilson does.
    This goes to show how two people can read the same thing and get something entirely different from it, much like WW #68.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Honestly, I'm so THRILLED with the Diana-Maggie-Aphrodite character dynamic and the prospect of the WW comic having an actual CAST, again, ..that I can forgive #68's obvious narrative short-comings. If Etta's out, let's move on with Maggie and the rest. I think the WW comic is going in the right direction, and let's hope her editors, presently the Bat-office, will care enough to enforce writers to use what's here and build on it, as we've seen in other comics!

Also, ..I'd love to see Doris join the cast, when and if Aphro goes back to Olympus.
    I agree, we need a salty character to speak truth to power and be Diana's foil. I'd prefer it'd be Artemis but Doris works just as well.

Personally im rather enjoying this run but I prefer not getting into debates about quality so im going to avoid talking about it