View Poll Results: Rate the issue.

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bad. 1 stars

    2 7.69%
  • mediocre. 2 stars.

    5 19.23%
  • Good. 3 stars.

    13 50.00%
  • Very good. 4 stars.

    4 15.38%
  • Excellent. 5 stars.

    2 7.69%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 58 of 58
  1. #46
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Personally im rather enjoying this run but I prefer not getting into debates about quality so im going to avoid talking about it
    Same, I'm getting to that point too. Going forward, I may just vote or post my initial thoughts and leave it at that.

    The non-stop "feats" comments are getting ridiculously old, even if I agree with one occasionally.

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,635

    Default

    Yup. I love to discuss symbology, themes, plots, character interactions, and characterisation every day of the week. Binary good/bad arguing, not so much.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  3. #48
    Incredible Member Fuzzy Mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Its just...I came to this forum to talk about Wonder Woman. Not to argue about whether or not im right to enjoy a specific storyline.

  4. #49
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Its just...I came to this forum to talk about Wonder Woman. Not to argue about whether or not im right to enjoy a specific storyline.
    I do not think anyone is telling you that you're wrong to enjoy something in this forum, even if there are some users who are too abrasive on certain topics.

    Trust me, I understand that it is irritating and tiresome to read constant and repetitive criticism of something that you enjoy. However, it is a discussion forum, so people will speak topics they want and care.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-21-2019 at 05:41 AM.

  5. #50
    Wonder Moderator Gaelforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Its just...I came to this forum to talk about Wonder Woman. Not to argue about whether or not im right to enjoy a specific storyline.
    Please don't ever let anyone tell you you can't enjoy something! We all love or dislike certain aspects of various runs over the years, but no one should ever let their opinion interfere with your enjoyment!
    Gaelforce
    Superman/Wonder Woman/TV Film Forum Moderator
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

  6. #51
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,135

    Default

    The Good: Giganta and the fill-in artist that did the last half of the book.

    The Bad: Pretty much everything else was just blah....
    Currently Reading:Batman & The Outsiders, Doomsday Clock, Female Furies, Freedom Fighters, Hawkman, Heroes in Crisis, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Shazam, Wonder Twins, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Trust me, I understand that it is irritating and tiresome to read constant and repetitive criticism of something that you enjoy. However, it is a discussion forum, so people will speak topics they want and care.
    Agreed. But at the same time, moderation and respect for other posters are still paramount. Negative feelings and expressions (like "Wilson's run sucks") also have the side effect of driving away and silencing other expressions of enjoyment.

    I have nothing against someone posting a negative review, as long as it is reasoned, also manages to pick up some good things, and the opinion isn't spammed. But that's not the situation we have had here for a while now.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  8. #53
    Relic Seeker Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ravnica
    Posts
    3,666

    Default

    I honestly think people headcannon Wonder Woman so much that they get upset when the comic doesn't match their vision.

    I just reread the last few issues and I think they're pretty solid. Wonder Woman's character isn't boring and its a solid adventure story. Its not particularly nuanced though, but I'm not sure what else people would want from a WW story.
    Want to read Wonder Woman stories, but don't know where to start? Check out my top 10 lists for Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and Modern Age Wonder Woman tales!

    I don't dislike the MCU films because they're Marvel branded, I dislike them because they're bad films.

  9. #54
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I honestly think people headcannon Wonder Woman so much that they get upset when the comic doesn't match their vision.

    I just reread the last few issues and I think they're pretty solid. Wonder Woman's character isn't boring and its a solid adventure story. Its not particularly nuanced though, but I'm not sure what else people would want from a WW story.
    Not that hard...
    7E7C1EC7-A7A8-41F4-B568-743FE765998E.jpg
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  10. #55
    Relic Seeker Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ravnica
    Posts
    3,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I hate Batman though
    Want to read Wonder Woman stories, but don't know where to start? Check out my top 10 lists for Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and Modern Age Wonder Woman tales!

    I don't dislike the MCU films because they're Marvel branded, I dislike them because they're bad films.

  11. #56
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I hate Batman though
    WW Blackest Night made him persona non grata around these parts. I liked the idea for Gods of Gotham but not it's muddled execution

  12. #57
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,660

    Default

    Gods of Gotham was pretty good, but not great. It was one or two parts longer than it needed to be, and the dialogue hasn't aged well. Particularly out of the Joker/Deimos's mouth.

    The following arc with the Amazon civil war was, IMO, much stronger and a better start to the Jimenez run.

  13. #58
    Incredible Member Slim Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    8 Mile
    Posts
    623

    Default

    I love Gods of Gotham. Paradise Island Lost was great too. I actually rate the Jimenez run very high. Right behind Perez and Rucka.

    I just read 68 and gave it a 3. It was just ok, which is what every issue of this run has been so far to me. The art still kills me. And something about Wilson's writing still feels off. I will say this is the best arc of the run so far, so maybe she's getting a better handle on things. Idk, I'm on the fence whether or not I'll stick with it. The next arc doesn't sound good to me. Might just wait and see what everyone says.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •