Default A major landmark in Symbiote Spider-Man #1

There's an interesting moment in Symbiote Spider-Man #1 where Spider-Man spoilers:
    goes past the World Trade Center.
    end of spoilers

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...ajor-spoilers/

I'm curious what you guys think.

spoilers:
    This was part of the world of New York City at the time the alien costume saga was published, but not when the Peter Parker in his late 20s in current issues of Amazing Spider-Man was active as a superhero. Does it really matter for an untold tale mini-series?
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

It’s moments like these that make me glad that we’re getting “Life Story”.

Arrow

It'll date the issue in decades to come other than that I have no problem with it.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Right after the attack, there was this weird thing where people edited the Trade Towers out of a lot of movies and shows. I sort of get that it was partially done so as to not date the work, but it was also clearly done to avoid sad feelings about the Towers, and I'm not sure that's right or fair to all the people who died.

So...yeah, this will date things quite a bit, but it's nice to see the Towers here.

BANNED

I liked it. Few things speak to a specific place and time quite like the Twin Towers.

Whenever I watch an action show or movie from the '80s, if it's set in NY, it's a guarantee there'll be an establishing shot of the NYC skyline with the Towers standing tall.

It's something that instantly takes you back to another era. Seeing them in this issue had that same effect. It was a good choice to include them.

As for the issue as a whole, it was pretty solid. Good enough to keep reading.

It was a lovely visual, but it creates a bit of a continuity snag considering Marvel's rolling timeline. Peter is currently...what...30? That means that this story takes place at least two years before he became Spider-Man. Unless you just look at it as an out of continuity untold story. Though I have a feeling they're going to end up retconning a few things about his time with the black suit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    It was a lovely visual, but it creates a bit of a continuity snag considering Marvel's rolling timeline. Peter is currently...what...30? That means that this story takes place at least two years before he became Spider-Man. Unless you just look at it as an out of continuity untold story. Though I have a feeling they're going to end up retconning a few things about his time with the black suit.
    One could consider it a part of the past history of either MC2 or the Renew Your Vows timelines

Astonishing Member

Even more evidence that a floating timescale just doesn’t work.

Continuity and the entire timeline has been shattered by the presence of this structure. When will Marvel show some reality in their books, like the flat Earth?!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Even more evidence that a floating timescale just doesn’t work.
    It works fine. People just have to accept that it is a very fluid thing. You can't look at the WTC here and start doing the math to figure out how many years have gone by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It works fine. People just have to accept that it is a very fluid thing. You can't look at the WTC here and start doing the math to figure out how many years have gone by.
    In another ten you might have to