Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Guys, I know the DCEU needs to build up to any sort of thing like Infinity War/Endgame. I’m not in any way saying that they should rush into producing something like that this year or the next or even in the next couple years. However, hopefully, they will get to a stage where they can pull this stuff off. This thread is simply for fans to come on and speculate about what they would want to see on the big screen when that time does eventually come.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    You could do a more condensed version of Final Crisis pretty easily. Build Darkseid similarly to Thanos, have him get the anti-life equation after however many movies then for the big crossover he takes over Earth. The remaining heroes not under his control fight back and save the world.

If you want to follow what Marvel did there's a pretty basic roadmap.
    To me, the Books of Magic are more similar to the Infinity Gems than the Anti-Life Equation. But we know DCEU won't go in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    To me, the Books of Magic are more similar to the Infinity Gems than the Anti-Life Equation. But we know DCEU won't go in that direction.
    Right??

DC exec... "Hey, how about the Books of Magic by Neil Gaiman?"

Production begins with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg replacing the Trenchcoat Brigade...
    Magic getting ditched for science to make it easier to understand for viewers...
    Tim Hunter becomes Tim Drake...
    And the name changes from 'Books of Magic' to 'The Batman Casefiles of the DCU'.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Like someone else said, a combination of Darkseid War/Final Crisis to get a plot with Apokolips.

I think the Judas Contract and Terror of Trigon would be good choices too. They are Titans arcs, but the latter obviously has a Big Bad that can take on the entire caped community. For the former, Terra finding out Dick, Donna and Wally's identities alone would have a devastating domino effect for the rest of the superhero community, because it logically leads to the discovery of Batman, Wonder Woman and the Flash's IDs, and then further investigations into their associates, etc. It could be a film that brings in the JL while still being primarily about the Titans, as Dick, Gar and Terra would be the core focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm And worst of all, you have to have Superman in those movies, and WB and DC clearly don't know how to use him. If they did a repeat of JL, where he was apparently loved (why and how, I can't understand), then he'll undermine every other heroes present in the story. If he isn't presented as the perfect goody two shoes saving the day with a smile at all time, oither peoples will loudly lose it. It's a lose-lose situation.
    It really isn't a lose-lose situation, because all they have to do is look to author's like Morrison for inspiration. The same story that has Superman holding up the moon and wrestling an archangel has Wonder Woman single handely take down one of the war chariots of heaven, Aquaman giving one a seizure and the Flash and GL banishing them.

If all they can think to do is either nerf Superman or have him undermine everyone else, they're lazy and shouldn't be writing a JL film.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 04-11-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think the Judas Contract and Terror of Trigon would be good choices too. They are Titans arcs, but the latter obviously has a Big Bad that can take on the entire caped community. For the former, Terra finding out Dick, Donna and Wally's identities alone would have a devastating domino effect for the rest of the superhero community, because it logically leads to the discovery of Batman, Wonder Woman and the Flash's IDs, and then further investigations into their associates, etc. It could be a film that brings in the JL while still being primarily about the Titans, as Dick, Gar and Terra would be the core focus.
    Both have also been adapted into animated films in the DC Animated Feature continuity.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The New Gods film should be based on the Genesis event from the mid 90’s, and build their empire to the battle against Darkseid from there.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 04-11-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

MoS 2 should involve Brainiac, maybe make his programming based on Mother Box technology, or he hacked it, and perverted it to his own uses, to help him develop his technology.

Maybe have Barbara Minerva and Maxwell Lord get their powers from the residents of New Genesis.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I always thought it would be nice to have the big event being about a parallel earth with an evil Justice League counterpart.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The biggest obstacle to utilizing a lot of apocalyptic DC stories is the challenge of making an otherworldly invasion feel fresh. I'd love to see Brainiac or Darkseid, but coming down to Earth with a bunch of expendable minions and blowing up a few tanks and jet-fighters isn't going to cut it anymore.

I'd love to see a Society vs. League story where the villains really get to shine and we see some memorable cinematic villain vs hero pair-ups and switch arounds. The trick here would be to establish some key relationships among the villains. A satisfying part 2 would be the begrudging team-up against a bigger threat, which could be Darkseid. But if we ever went the New God route, I'd want it to be mostly out there in Space. Oa, New Genesis, and Apokalips.

Another route would be the Multiverse. Again something that the MCU hasn't already claimed. Have the League meet both good and evil counterparts, with an Alexander Luthor-like twist in there, and a mythical mind-blowing ending.

If it is to be about an apocalyptic invasion, I think it should go all the way and make it so that Earth's invasion lasts months. Something the MCU refused to do with Age of Apocalypse. Make the situation serious and desperate, the heroes lost, the world was conquered and now they must fight back. Final Crisis is perfect for that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Both have also been adapted into animated films in the DC Animated Feature continuity.
    Yeah but new takes are always good as long as they mix it up.

It would reach a bigger audience too.

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    If it is to be about an apocalyptic invasion, I think it should go all the way and make it so that Earth's invasion lasts months. Something the MCU refused to do with Age of Apocalypse. Make the situation serious and desperate, the heroes lost, the world was conquered and now they must fight back. Final Crisis is perfect for that.
    I'd be interested to see that. But it would be difficult to make that passing of time feel real in a 2 hour movie without making it feel pretty depressing. Snyder's original JL vision seemed to include Darkseid colonizing the Earth extensively before he is defeated and I don't think it would have been too popular. I like the idea though and it could work if balance very well, just seems difficult to do. But it would be more original than another defeat as soon as they arrive.

Alright so now I can't stop thinking about how to incorporate DC's many events into a future cinematic universe. Let me take a stab at it under the pretense casting and reboots aren't an issue.

Green Lantern: Hal comes to Earth to ask John for help, since Sinestro is forming his own corps.

Green Arrow, adapting Year One

Flash: Rogues or Reverse Flash

Justice League 2: The League takes on Lex's Secret Society.

MOS 2: Brainiac is the villain. Mix in some Kandor and maybe some Supergirl in there. Coast City gets destroyed though.

GL 2: Emerald Twilight plus Zero Hour (with Barry and GA and maybe others making a appearances), Kyle introduced.

Either Flash 2 or Justice League 3 dealing with the multiverse, with good and bad versions of the league with flavors of Infinite Crisis

Either Justice League 3 or Superman and Supergirl dealing with Darkseid and New Genesis

Probably too much but it could work, with the already planned solo movies mixed in between.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The OMAC Project

Instead of Batman creating Brother Eye, it's the big tech companies and such that begin spying on superheroes. It starts as a way for the elites to gain intel on Superman, the man of the people, who they see as their biggest threat. The flick would actually show Superman having a wonderful relationship with everyday people. Batman becomes increasingly involved in trying to uncover the plot to against his Superfriends and take Brother Eye down, who has kind of become sentient and is playing "chess" with Batman. Wonder Woman is openly attacked at her embassy by OMACs. Superheroes are being abducted. Black Canary escapes and Batman risks his own identity to call the Justice League together. The Justice League can have a big battle with a bunch of OMACs at some cool James Bond-y villainous rich dude lair.

The OMACs are random innocent people though, so they can't just be punched into space. Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, Mr. Terrific, Black Canary, and Cyborg would have to find a different way of going about it.

Mister Terrific would debut here.

I think I'd end the joint with Brother Eye turning on his creators and shutting himself down....or did he?! He did not like the idea of being a tool, and he liked his weird relationship with Batman. Found a like mind in Mr. Terrific. Hard cut to credits "And unto man shall fall a Great Disaster".

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE OMAC PROJECT
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-13-2019 at 09:07 PM.

I think the perfect answer to Infinity War would be JL: Rock of Ages.