Rather than hijack the Young Animal thread further, I think it'd be better to give this topic its own thread since it seems to be something that a lot of people have plenty to say about.

Personally, I don't have a particularly big problem with introducing new Lanterns from Earth as long as these new characters are worth reading about. I'd like them to spread out where they are from a little more. Having all but one of them be from America is kinda narrow-minded, and telling about how little imagination most creators and readers have in terms of being able to connect to characters that aren't exactly like them.

Would Spock be a more interesting character if he was born and raised in Seattle instead of planet Vulcan? Would Luke Skywalker be easier to relate to if he was a farmboy from Arizona instead of Tatooine? Would the Guardians of the Galaxy be better if they were a bunch of &^% ups from America rather than outer space?

If you've got a great idea for yet another Lantern from Earth...fine, but why not take that character idea and make them an alien GL from a new world or a previously established one? Yeah, they'd probably get killed off by some other creator to prop up whatever latest Big Bad they've come up with, but isn't that preferable to them never getting used at all because there simply isn't a big enough readership to satisfy TEN different Green Lantern books?