Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Any news on where Kyle, Guy & Simon might show up next?
    Heroes in Crisis does have two more books in the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Heroes in Crisis does have two more books in the chamber.
    imo I doubt they'll appear at all, especially this late in the story, unless it's like a cameo like Donna or something

Assuming they at least follow a loose continuity (especially since it has spilled into other books): Guy and Kyle certainly made it through HiC (Kyle probably wasn't even on Earth for most of the investigation). Simon maybe, but I think he would've been brought up by now.

Any news on where Kyle, Guy & Simon might show up next?
    None that I've heard. I think, though, unless a GLC book starts up eventually, they'll just stay limbo for a while.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    imo I doubt they'll appear at all, especially this late in the story, unless it's like a cameo like Donna or something

Assuming they at least follow a loose continuity (especially since it has spilled into other books): Guy and Kyle certainly made it through HiC (Kyle probably wasn't even on Earth for most of the investigation). Simon maybe, but I think he would've been brought up by now.

None that I've heard. I think, though, unless a GLC book starts up eventually, they'll just stay limbo for a while.
    I had forgotten about Guy's recent appearance in Doomsday Clock. He was pretty funny last issue.

I had forgotten about Guy's recent appearance in Doomsday Clock. He was pretty funny last issue.
    Yeah, definitely a highlight of the issue for me!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    Yeah, definitely a highlight of the issue for me!
    Guy & Jessica's banter was fantastic.

Guy & Jessica's banter was fantastic.
    Absolutely. I loved the interaction they had in Green Lanterns. Definitely wanted to see more interactions between them.
    Last edited by Lirica; 04-23-2019 at 03:09 AM.

Mighty Member

I must say I was never a Green Lantern Fan, I always thougt that they are the most boring Super-Heroes ever...
    The new Teen Lantern is the first who I really like....

Just because I'm morbidly curious, what is it about Teen Lantern's three lines of dialogue through 4 issues of Young Justice that vaulted her to the top of the heap so quickly?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Just because I'm morbidly curious, what is it about Teen Lantern's three lines of dialogue through 4 issues of Young Justice that vaulted her to the top of the heap so quickly?
    Like I said: I never liked a Green Lantern-I always thougt that they are the most boring Super-Heroes ever..
    I was never interested in them because of it and always when they appeared in other Medium they annoyed me like Hal in DC Animated Film Reign of Supermen and Death of Superman, Guy Gardner in the Comic Reign of Supermen...

Jade probably would have been an exception, since she also had other powers as well and a more interesting backstory...but she doesnt exist anymore...

But in Young Justice I really like Teen Lantern so far, she is sarcastic-funny (like the scene where Robin with the horse crashed into the truck)....and I really LOVED her enthusiasm and also her backstory seems to be more interesting than in just getting a Ring...

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I think there are too many earth lanterns.

Not because I want my "Favorite" lantern to be special, but because... It doesn't make narrative sense to the green lantern mythos.

Stories, even funny stories, even jokes, all the way to the greatest works of literature ever created need to make some kind of narrative sense.

I don't care if you *Gasp* and swoon at the diversity of "x" minority lantern. I don't care if you are staunchly devoted to HAL! Love the humor of guy, grew up with
    Stewart.

Green Lantern stories and moreover the fan base grow more and more fractured with each new lantern until such time that D.C. says:

THIS is why. THIS is why earth has so many lanterns.

No one breaches the subject when this is brought up. It all about your favorite lantern.

Seriously, talk about science, tell me its because earth exists inside the KBC/Local void. Explain dragon king and black swan theory in relation to space exploration, or the
    dark forest theory of the Cosmos.

GIVE A GOOD REASON why the Guardians of the UNIVERSE present since time immemorial. Who place a single Green Lantern ring, and assign it to ONE SECTOR decide in a 20 year span comics time
    to put 7 on one planet (okay they didn't make the teen but still). It's not even that hard to do.

Thats why multiple green lanterns is so unsatisfying in my book. The situation doesn't push the narrative, really. Its just a cop out for an easy flavor of the "Timeframe" legacy character.
    In a meta sense, its just bad story telling. Imho
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    GIVE A GOOD REASON why the Guardians of the UNIVERSE present since time immemorial. Who place a single Green Lantern ring, and assign it to ONE SECTOR decide in a 20 year span comics time
    to put 7 on one planet (okay they didn't make the teen but still). It's not even that hard to do.
    I don't disagree with you, but just to set the record straight:
    - There are still only *two* GLs assigned to 2814. There are a bunch of GLs from earth, and Hal pops in once in awhile, but it's not like they're all assigned to earth.
    - At least they tried to explain it when there was the old "GLC" comic, but the whole Millennium excuse not only lead to a bad story, (The New Guardians turned out to be pointless) it obviously can't work now with the sliding timescale.*

[*edit - although I imagine they could just say the Millennium event happened in accordance to some Oan calendar rather than earth's 2000AD, which would make more sense anyway ]
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-23-2019 at 09:41 AM.

It's been hinted at several times, most notably in Morrison's works, that Earth is the most important planet in the universe because it's where the Fifth World will begin eventually. It's not super hard to handwave the importance of Earth with story beats like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    It's been hinted at several times, most notably in Morrison's works, that Earth is the most important planet in the universe because it's where the Fifth World will begin eventually. It's not super hard to handwave the importance of Earth with story beats like that.
    But isn't that just what it is, though? "Handwaving?" That's not good. It excuses laziness, excuses stuff that otherwise wouldn't make sense, excuses stuff that just doesn't make sense, and excuses bad storytelling and bad creative decisions. Like I said earlier, a writer can always contrive reasons for what they want to happen. These stories are only products of peoples' imaginations. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should do something.

At the risk of sounding pretentious, I like to hold the fiction I choose to immerse myself into to a bit of a higher standard than that, unless self aware absurdity is inherently a part of the entertainment. Remember, what we're primarily focused on here and discussing at length are fictional stories, so narrative integrity should be very important here. The more Earth Green Lanterns DC arbitrarily adds, the more difficult I find it to immerse myself into that world, because handwaving has become such a big part of the story so the narrative has little integrity to the rules, principles, and guidelines it set up.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 04-23-2019 at 03:06 PM.

I wouldn't consider it laziness or bad storytelling. Rather, it's the point. After all, it's been established time and time again that Earth is especially important for cosmic reasons. It's been called the center of the multiverse and where the Fifth World- the next big cosmic shift- will be birthed. It's where cosmological events like the various Crises have been waged with implications that spread the entire Multiverse and where artifacts like the Anti-Life Equation are to be found. On panel, in the cosmology of the DC Multiverse, Earth is important enough to warrant the attention from the Guardians of the Universe. If anything, other ancient, cosmic races should be paying it more attention. The entire point of works by guys like Kirby, Morrison and Johns revolve around the importance of Earth. To remove those as being 'bad storytelling' would be removing a huge part of the backbone of the shared universe.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but just to set the record straight:
    - There are still only *two* GLs assigned to 2814. There are a bunch of GLs from earth, and Hal pops in once in awhile, but it's not like they're all assigned to earth.
    - At least they tried to explain it when there was the old "GLC" comic, but the whole Millennium excuse not only lead to a bad story, (The New Guardians turned out to be pointless) it obviously can't work now with the sliding timescale.*

[*edit - although I imagine they could just say the Millennium event happened in accordance to some Oan calendar rather than earth's 2000AD, which would make more sense anyway ]
    I'm not even sure who the current 2814 GL's are supposed to be...Simon's seemingly gone, Jessica's in a whole different Sector far from Earth, and John and Hal seem to be the only ones who actually show up when something happens on Earth now.