Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Top 5 live-action speed-blitzers

Any and all characters from MCU, pre-MCU, Foxverse, Sonyverse, DCEU, pre-DCEU, CW, and really any other live-action (no animated characters allowed) franchise, good/evil/other, are participating in the Speed Contest, which is ... exactly like standard Rumbles settings in the Arena.

Naturally, only characters that already have both reaction and travel superspeed are going to make it to the Top.

Who are your top 5?

Mine vote for the Blitziest Of Them All:

1. Superman (pre-DCEU)
    2. Silver Surfer (pre-MCU)
    3. Quicksilver (Fox)
    4. Flash (CW)
    5. Superman (DCEU)

Pretty sure Smallville Clark has to be there. He's considerably faster than more than half of the above list. In turn, so is Smallville Flash and a couple of other characters from that show.

Unless you're simply talking about favourites, rather than fastest?

Clark would definitely be in my list, regardless.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Smallville Clark is definitely up there.

I'd rank it like this:

1. Fox Quicksilver - I'm not saying that he's the fastest, but he's the ONLY one on the list who flat-out never forgets his speed and damn he knows how to use it with style.
    2. Lois & Clark Superman - He forgot about it sometimes, but he's the fastest guy on the list.
    3. Smallville Flash - He's a fair bit faster than Smallville Clark, and just about never forgets his speed.
    4. Smallville Clark - Incredibly fast, and uses it a lot, but still PISses all over himself regularly.
    5. CW Savitar maybe? Way faster than Barry & Co and never forgets it.

and down at the bottom of the list as the very worst speedsters in live action...

Every CW hero with speed, Barry being the worst.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Just to be clear, when I said pre-DCEU, I meant Christopher Reeve's version and all his feats (not Brandon Routh).

As a side note, where do each of the major Live-Action Clark Kents (Kirk Alyn, George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Gerard Christopher, Dean Cain, Tom Welling, Brandon Routh, Henry Cavill, and Tyler Hoechlin) rank compared to each other in blitzing?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Dean Cain travels across the world, packages up takeout food and pays for it, then comes back to where he started in the space of a few words spoken.

He's pretty freaking fast.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

To rank Supermen on blitz-ability, I'd say it's:

Cain
    Welling

...pretty big dropoff...

Others

Cain, as stated by Sharp, has the moment he's just announced to Lois that he's Superman. She's got her back turned on him, and is saying things like "where's the struggle, I can say I want roses from Peru (or wherever)" - Cain flashes out and back and he's holding roses, "lobster from maine (or wherever)" - Cain flashes out and back and he's holding lobsters, "takeout food from Beijing" - Cain flashes out and back and is holding wrapped up take-out food. It's somewhat FTL reflexes.

Welling is faster than Brainiac in Smallville. Brainiac is tracked moving precisely at near-light speed on the surface of the earth by Lex's gear. Welling, several relatively explicit levels of power before that, has the famous football moment, where he's the quarterback on field, and needs to stop the bad guy and save Chloe in another part of the stadium. He throws the pass, flashes through the people standing there not moving, saves the girl, KO's the badguy (Mxy IIRC), and gets back onto the field before anyone notices. He also runs to the fortress in a second many many times. He and Bart run to mexico and such in moments. He's a significant fraction of lightspeed.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Dean Cain travels across the world, packages up takeout food and pays for it, then comes back to where he started in the space of a few words spoken.

He's pretty freaking fast.
    He's also the fastest Superman actor to jump to the defense of Nazis to punch children. Hey hey topical!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    He's also the fastest Superman actor to jump to the defense of Nazis to punch children. Hey hey topical!
    *chokes down laughter*

Ahem. Nazis aren't funny Cap!

Also, Fox Quicksilver. For spots 1-10.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Hiro Nakamura with 1 second of prep.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Hiro Nakamura with 1 second of prep.
    If we're invoking characters from Heroes, then Daphne Millbrook -- the fastest character on the show -- deserves an honorable mention. Even with Hiro's time freeze in effect, Daphne was capable of moving at incredible speeds.

They're not the fastest, but prior to Smallville and the Arrowverse, Ninja Storm/Hurricangers were among the most consistent speedblitzers. Their standard MO was to speedblitz a usually much-slower monster as an opening attack. They can only seem to use their speed in bursts, though.

Here they try to out-blitz each other several times, both in human and then ranger forms.

Also, in before Guy1 posts a video on Abarekiller, who came after them (jump to :56 for the speedblitz, or don't to watch him tank getting impaled).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqP0rJ14Tw8

Also, the Hurricangers and Abarekiller are so fast that their zords have superspeed.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Smallville Flash should be comfortably FTL. Can't think of any othe live action person who Is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Smallville Flash should be comfortably FTL. Can't think of any othe live action person who Is.
    Fox Quicksilver and CW Flash should be as well.