Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Top 5 live-action speed-blitzers

Any and all characters from MCU, pre-MCU, Foxverse, Sonyverse, DCEU, pre-DCEU, CW, and really any other live-action (no animated characters allowed) franchise, good/evil/other, are participating in the Speed Contest, which is ... exactly like standard Rumbles settings in the Arena.

Naturally, only characters that already have both reaction and travel superspeed are going to make it to the Top.

Who are your top 5?

Mine vote for the Blitziest Of Them All:

1. Superman (pre-DCEU)
    2. Silver Surfer (pre-MCU)
    3. Quicksilver (Fox)
    4. Flash (CW)
    5. Superman (DCEU)

Pretty sure Smallville Clark has to be there. He's considerably faster than more than half of the above list. In turn, so is Smallville Flash and a couple of other characters from that show.

Unless you're simply talking about favourites, rather than fastest?

Clark would definitely be in my list, regardless.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Smallville Clark is definitely up there.

I'd rank it like this:

1. Fox Quicksilver - I'm not saying that he's the fastest, but he's the ONLY one on the list who flat-out never forgets his speed and damn he knows how to use it with style.
    2. Lois & Clark Superman - He forgot about it sometimes, but he's the fastest guy on the list.
    3. Smallville Flash - He's a fair bit faster than Smallville Clark, and just about never forgets his speed.
    4. Smallville Clark - Incredibly fast, and uses it a lot, but still PISses all over himself regularly.
    5. CW Savitar maybe? Way faster than Barry & Co and never forgets it.

and down at the bottom of the list as the very worst speedsters in live action...

Every CW hero with speed, Barry being the worst.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Just to be clear, when I said pre-DCEU, I meant Christopher Reeve's version and all his feats (not Brandon Routh).

As a side note, where do each of the major Live-Action Clark Kents (Kirk Alyn, George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Gerard Christopher, Dean Cain, Tom Welling, Brandon Routh, Henry Cavill, and Tyler Hoechlin) rank compared to each other in blitzing?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Dean Cain travels across the world, packages up takeout food and pays for it, then comes back to where he started in the space of a few words spoken.

He's pretty freaking fast.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

To rank Supermen on blitz-ability, I'd say it's:

Cain
    Welling

...pretty big dropoff...

Others

Cain, as stated by Sharp, has the moment he's just announced to Lois that he's Superman. She's got her back turned on him, and is saying things like "where's the struggle, I can say I want roses from Peru (or wherever)" - Cain flashes out and back and he's holding roses, "lobster from maine (or wherever)" - Cain flashes out and back and he's holding lobsters, "takeout food from Beijing" - Cain flashes out and back and is holding wrapped up take-out food. It's somewhat FTL reflexes.

Welling is faster than Brainiac in Smallville. Brainiac is tracked moving precisely at near-light speed on the surface of the earth by Lex's gear. Welling, several relatively explicit levels of power before that, has the famous football moment, where he's the quarterback on field, and needs to stop the bad guy and save Chloe in another part of the stadium. He throws the pass, flashes through the people standing there not moving, saves the girl, KO's the badguy (Mxy IIRC), and gets back onto the field before anyone notices. He also runs to the fortress in a second many many times. He and Bart run to mexico and such in moments. He's a significant fraction of lightspeed.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Dean Cain travels across the world, packages up takeout food and pays for it, then comes back to where he started in the space of a few words spoken.

He's pretty freaking fast.
    He's also the fastest Superman actor to jump to the defense of Nazis to punch children. Hey hey topical!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Smallville Clark is definitely up there.

I'd rank it like this:

1. Fox Quicksilver - I'm not saying that he's the fastest, but he's the ONLY one on the list who flat-out never forgets his speed and damn he knows how to use it with style.
    2. Lois & Clark Superman - He forgot about it sometimes, but he's the fastest guy on the list.
    3. Smallville Flash - He's a fair bit faster than Smallville Clark, and just about never forgets his speed.
    4. Smallville Clark - Incredibly fast, and uses it a lot, but still PISses all over himself regularly.
    5. CW Savitar maybe? Way faster than Barry & Co and never forgets it.

and down at the bottom of the list as the very worst speedsters in live action...

Every CW hero with speed, Barry being the worst.
    Yeah, this is legit.

CW Flash is just....weird. He gets hit by things and people that just shouldn’t.

He’s basically living in a sea of PIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, this is legit.

CW Flash is just....weird. He gets hit by things and people that just shouldn’t.

Like Bear Grylls he drinks is own PIS.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Like Bear Grylls he drinks is own PIS.
    When the story leaves you stranded in the desert, PIS just might be the only thing that saves you....at least for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, this is legit.

That's true of most speedsters. Hell, its the ONLY reason Batman ever manages to not end up as a smear in the first femtosecond of any fight he has against Superman. And that's not mentioning the fact Supes could just pull a Majora's Mask and ram the moon into Batman (and Gotham).
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    That's true of most speedsters. Hell, its the ONLY reason Batman ever manages to not end up as a smear in the first femtosecond of any fight he has against Superman. And that's not mentioning the fact Supes could just pull a Majora's Mask and ram the moon into Batman (and Gotham).
    PIS/CIS and the fact that Superman isn't you know a psycho mass murderer but idk...

Super speed doesn't change his morals and mean he'd be willing to snap and kill Batman just because he can. Anyway he has more reasons to kill an actual villain like Lex Luthor than a fellow hero, but he hasn't and never kill Lex either.

I'm probably overlooking some people but I would say in no particular order:

The X-Men version of Quicksilver.
    Smallville Clark.
    The Dean Cain Superman.
    CW Flash and, as mentioned by others, all other speedsters from the show ahead of him.
    Brandon Routh Superman
    Smallville Flash

By feats, Dean Cain Superman might be the top of the list. Smallville Flash and then Smallville Clark might be next based on feats. Maybe next X-Men Quickslilver. He has "Everybody else is a statue" speed but we only see it in a local area as opposed Cain's Superman doing things like Sharp mentioned.
    Power with Girl is better.