Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I suppose I'll note to be fair, if season 5 did give him more showings like that anyway, which would threaten this entire conversation with being moot from the ground up, I wouldn't know. I tapped right out of the Flash at that point, it got too stupid.

edit: *googles for five minutes*

Bahahahaha, him and Supergirl were running and flying so fast around the world as a combined effort it was slowing down the Earth's rotation and time with it? The Christ Hell what? Well at least that was going to kill him to do if he had been allowed to complete it.

I suppose that does something of a number on "never did anything even nearly as good or better since".

edit edit: *snerk* the show claims they were only going mach 7 when they did that apparently? Considering the number of times they circle the planet that I can see even just when the scene cuts to showing the globe as a whole, let alone however many times they are when the show cuts away to show other things happening, that's.. interesting.

I suppose by that insanity, if as its reverse, Barry has done other stuff on par with the nuke feat anyway considering that he's "only had picoseconds" to jump into a portal while starting considerably away from it and doing other stuff along the way. It's just, you know, we see those portals on numerous ocassions, picoseconds are not a word that should be used in connection with them for how fast they close. It's like the bizarro version of the Earth slowing thing, a thing described as faster than it has any right to be for looking right at it, compared to a thing described as slower than is remotely possible for looking right at it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I mean, it's almost like they don't actually consider the science of anything when they write this stuff.

Way back in season 1, Barry had to train and train and train to get over mach 1, yet somehow could move so quickly that it effectively froze time while he was ruminating to himself in Jitters about wanting to tell Iris he's the Flash blah blah blah zzzzzzzzz.

Oh damn, sorry, just thinking about Barry and Iris is narcolezzzzzzzzz.

Won't do it again.

Against Savitar, they spent an entire season training Wally to be fast enough to save Iris - but the speed they were training up to was barely mach 1 iirc. Like, "cover 50m in 0.15 seconds" - which is basically EXACTLY mach 1 at sea level.

Barry takes 15 seconds to run across town, complete with Iris and Co. yelling "hurry Barry" into his earpiece, then skids to a stop in front of goon-of-the-week, breathless, but runs to China and back in 2 seconds or whatever, arriving in his cell fresh as a daisy.

Basically, the show is HORRIBLE for speedster PIS. And the show is crap for consistent feats, which is fine, as they are not going for that, no, they are trying to tell a hokey love storzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
    While certain things annoy me, lack of consistent feats really just annoys me like it always annoys me with comics because comics and mom (yours not mine) in bed or something. But it annoys me when the dialogue says one thing and the special effects say something else like Barry is going Mach or something and yet circling the world every second. Oh, who am I kidding? Barry standing there like a moron while the Black Siren takes a deep breath and he, not she- he- is the statue who just stands there and let's her pulverize him or he's so fast that Cap Cold and Heatwave cannot even react so he stomps them before they know what hit them I mean he slows down because he has to make everyone else relevant by tricking them into shooting each other as per the plan drives me crazy.

I've not reached the point where I don't watch the show because I would lose my super hero fanatic card. But, as you said, the point of the show is a time loop, a time loop of endlessly repetitive teen romance being played out by thirty year olds.
    Power with Girl is better.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    While certain things annoy me, lack of consistent feats really just annoys me like it always annoys me with comics because comics and mom (yours not mine) in bed or something. But it annoys me when the dialogue says one thing and the special effects say something else like Barry is going Mach or something and yet circling the world every second. Oh, who am I kidding? Barry standing there like a moron while the Black Siren takes a deep breath and he, not she- he- is the statue who just stands there and let's her pulverize him or he's so fast that Cap Cold and Heatwave cannot even react so he stomps them before they know what hit them I mean he slows down because he has to make everyone else relevant by tricking them into shooting each other as per the plan drives me crazy.

I've not reached the point where I don't watch the show because I would lose my super hero fanatic card. But, as you said, the point of the show is a time loop, a time loop of endlessly repetitive teen romance being played out by thirty year olds.
    Yup - I still watch it when I have free moments: downloaded episodes are fine for train rides or wasting time after kids are sleeping. But it's sort of a guilty unpleasure: I castigate myself with "why do you do this to yourself" relatively often in the aftermath.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I gave up on the Flash and Arrow after 4 seasons on both shows. Flash is way too repetitive; baddie of the month shows up, stirs up some trouble and Flash team find a way to beat him/her. Not to mention all the stupid PIS.

The only comic related shows I actually liked were Daredevil, Punisher and the new Titans series.

Legends of Tomorrow has been equal mixes of hilarious and awesome since about halfway through last season onwards.

Doom Patrol is pretty good if you don't mind that it's basically the Crazy Jane+oh right there are also other people sometimes show.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Legends of Tomorrow has been equal mixes of hilarious and awesome since about halfway through last season onwards.

Doom Patrol is pretty good if you don't mind that it's basically the Crazy Jane+oh right there are also other people sometimes show.
    Really, for Legends? OK, I'll check into it. I watched the first few, and thought it was a bit thin.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Really, for Legends? OK, I'll check into it. I watched the first few, and thought it was a bit thin.
    Legends is great. Once it stopped trying to take itself seriously, it became BY FAR the best of the CW shows. Ray, Nate, Mick and Zari in particular.

Seasons 1 and 2 are borderline unwatchable, to note (with a few exceptions), but suffering through chunks of them are needed to have some idea from wtf.

Seasons 1 and 2 are borderline unwatchable, to note (with a few exceptions), but suffering through chunks of them are needed to have some idea from wtf.
    True dat. The Vandal Savage & Hawkpersons stuff from Season 1, as well as much of the Rip Hunter stuff (I r sad that Arthur Darvill has not been good) is painfully bad.

But it does give context.

Have not watched the show in forever, but it's like a running staple for the writers to give speed numbers that have no logical way of true.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Haven't seen the current season but Legends is great fun just for the whole "All people throughout history are really people of the second decade of the 21st century or they are dumb because the second decade of the 21st century is the be all and end all of what is true and good and smart" approach.
    Power with Girl is better.