Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    He's also the fastest Superman actor to jump to the defense of Nazis to punch children. Hey hey topical!
    … whaaaat.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    … whaaaat.
    IIRC, Dean Cain tweeted that he would have punched out the teenager who smashed a raw egg on an openly extremely racist Australian Senator's head.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

While she isn't going to be in the top ranks by any stretch of the imagination, I still really like what I remember of Morrigan from Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. Probably because Kevin Sorbo's subsequent works makes it a lot more palatable to see a relatively waifish girl just beat the tar out of him at super speed.

On a similar tier, I loved the speed feats in Kung Fu Hustle, and was very disappointed that Dragon Ball Evolution didn't have any of the charm and special effects that KFH did, even though Stephen Chow was apparently a Producer for DBE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    … whaaaat.
    What TDK said. He's also just generally been making waves in the never ending right/left war lately.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    What TDK said. He's also just generally been making waves in the never ending right/left war lately.
    So he's FTL but not fast enough to avoid negative press?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    So he's FTL but not fast enough to avoid negative press?
    Haha ;p
    I dont believe anyone's fast enough for that
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Back on topic guys.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Back on topic guys.
    Who is the fastest live action Ranger type dude anyways? The feats posted here dont suck, but wasn't one of them blatantly FTL?
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Who is the fastest live action Ranger type dude anyways? The feats posted here dont suck, but wasn't one of them blatantly FTL?
    Dekabreak technically is but he needed to ready himself and rev up for it. Sadly for Omega Ranger, he did not get this feat, as his fight with Jeanio was handed over to Sky to show off the Battlizer some more.

IIRC, he's about the fastest one we've seen, although GoBuster Red did manage to have a super speed fight with a Clocked Up Kabuto in one of the crossovers.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Cain, as stated by Sharp, has the moment he's just announced to Lois that he's Superman. She's got her back turned on him, and is saying things like "where's the struggle, I can say I want roses from Peru (or wherever)" - Cain flashes out and back and he's holding roses, "lobster from maine (or wherever)" - Cain flashes out and back and he's holding lobsters, "takeout food from Beijing" - Cain flashes out and back and is holding wrapped up take-out food. It's somewhat FTL reflexes.
    That doesn't sound FTL (reflexes) at all

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    IIRC, Dean Cain tweeted that he would have punched out the teenager who smashed a raw egg on an openly extremely racist Australian Senator's head.
    This is honestly unsurprising if you’ve for some reason paid attention to the guy over the years.

Anyway, Kamen Rider Kabuto absolutely belongs in this thread with things like having an entire battle in the time it takes a bullet to travel a few feet

Dekabreak was able to activate his brace throttle in reaction to a light speed attack iirc, so I think he has FTL activation on it too
    Last edited by BitVyper; 04-12-2019 at 09:35 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    That doesn't sound FTL (reflexes) at all
    OK, in an imperceivable amount of time - figure a frame or two - he leaves the apartment, crosses half the world, gets, packages and pays for what he wants, goes back, and is standing where he started. He doesn't break anything either. Just the travel speed alone is FTL - do the math, 1/12th or 1/15th of a second or less to go halfway around the world and back is already at least 2x C, and to do all of the precise actions he also does requires FTL reflexes. Not post-crisis Wally levels of FTL, but something over light.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    OK, in an imperceivable amount of time - figure a frame or two - he leaves the apartment, crosses half the world, gets, packages and pays for what he wants, goes back, and is standing where he started. He doesn't break anything either. Just the travel speed alone is FTL - do the math, 1/12th or 1/15th of a second or less to go halfway around the world and back is already at least 2x C, and to do all of the precise actions he also does requires FTL reflexes. Not post-crisis Wally levels of FTL, but something over light.
    Nope. To do all that he merely needs to have FTL (or even less) travel speed. Not even anything too precise since he can fly. The other actions aren't even close to FTL in a second or two

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Nope. To do all that he merely needs to have FTL (or even less) travel speed. Not even anything too precise since he can fly. The other actions aren't even close to FTL in a second or two
    Eh, FTL travel speed on a planet is GENERALLY a pretty good reflex feat itself, if he's doing that without crashing into buildings and mountains and such. Like, just circling the globe in the upper atmosphere wouldn't be, but if he's flying into specific cities he's got to be operating with high end reflexes.

I haven't seen the scene so I won't comment on whether it is FTL or not, but it definitely isn't the same as zipping between planets.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

It wasn't a second or two, it was a FRAME or two. As in somewhere between 1/30th and 1/12th of a second. Please read what I wrote before commenting, maybe.

I mean, you are arguing against something that is and has been board consensus for at least 10 years before you got here. Dean Cain Superman is FTL, based on feats. Not massively FTL, but there. He also, like all Supermen, forgets that he's that fast about every other week, but you know, what can you do?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan