Default Greg Pak to take over writing Star Wars comic

Reportedly his first storyline will bring things even closer to the events of ESB, with Vader ordering the probe droids.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

I heard that they will also relaunch it with a new #1.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Reportedly his first storyline will bring things even closer to the events of ESB, with Vader ordering the probe droids.
    That sounds good. I love the comic series so much better than the latest movies.
    Keep them coming.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Astonishing Member

Not surprising since the book is edited by Mark Paniccia. But also very disappointing in him going with his usual creative choices instead of getting a new writer or someone more a-list. But I guess that's why he gets stuck with the editing jobs nobody wants.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Man, when are we getting out of the Original trilogy and into more interesting and creative times?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I heard that they will also relaunch it with a new #1.
    You'll be pleased to know they're not. Pak is indeed the new writer, but the series isn't relaunching.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...willow-wilson/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Man, when are we getting out of the Original trilogy and into more interesting and creative times?
    While the current ongoings (Regular and Aphra) are both set in the ANH/ESB era, Marvel has published several SW comics that have taken place during the Prequel era, or in the eras between the trilogies.

The Kanan series of dealt with both the Clone Wars and also the aftermath of Order 66, as well as some elements of Rebels.

There was a Poe Dameron comic that ran for a few years as well.

The second Darth Vader comic pretty much covered his early years after ROTS as well.

Those were mainly the ongoing titles, but there's also been plenty of other one-shots and limited series spread across the timeline.

While the current ongoings (Regular and Aphra) are both set in the ANH/ESB era, Marvel has published several SW comics that have taken place during the Prequel era, or in the eras between the trilogies.

The Kanan series of dealt with both the Clone Wars and also the aftermath of Order 66, as well as some elements of Rebels.

There was a Poe Dameron comic that ran for a few years as well.

The second Darth Vader comic pretty much covered his early years after ROTS as well.

Those were mainly the ongoing titles, but there's also been plenty of other one-shots and limited series spread across the timeline.
    Kanan and the last Vader series were the only books that really explored new areas as the Prequel One Shots and the Poe series failed to really give us any real insight into the wider Star wars universe.

I want the Marvel version of Knights of the Old Republic or Legacy, books that took real risks and gave us truly new adventures...we haven't seen that yet and Marvel had Star Wars for a few years now.

I wonder if that's something they'll be saving for whatever direction the movies go in after the sequel trilogy is done.

There have been a few references to the ancient Star Wars galaxy in the Disney canon here and there (With the ocassional KOTOR reference, although altered (Malachor, for example, in Rebels and some of the comics), but it's largely a clean slate it seems.

I wonder if that's something they'll be saving for whatever direction the movies go in after the sequel trilogy is done.

There have been a few references to the ancient Star Wars galaxy in the Disney canon here and there (With the ocassional KOTOR reference, although altered (Malachor, for example, in Rebels and some of the comics), but it's largely a clean slate it seems.
    A clean slate they need to get into fast, we've had decades of the continuing adventures of Luke Skywalker and pals.