Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Maybe have Ikaris and Sersi join the Avengers for a bit just to get the franchise some spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Maybe have Ikaris and Sersi join the Avengers for a bit just to get the franchise some spotlight.
    Sersi's already been an Avenger so that probably wouldn't be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sersi's already been an Avenger so that probably wouldn't be too hard.
    Yeah, Gilgamesh too. Everyone seems to forget him. Pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Given the news of when Kevin Fiege officially announces the Eternals Movie and their entry into the MCU it begs the question: HOW is Marvel going to pull this promotional appearance off for an obscure group of characters with ties to Jack Kirby and some of the Avengers ?

I mean nothing against the casting thus far, but if Angelina Jolie is going to be playing Sersi, then I hate to say it, but maybe it would be wiser to cast her as someone else...because give the actress demand in movies and also her age...I mean de-aging tech can only go so far within the current movie landscape. Also it would be better to cast an unknown actresses and Actors in a role for long term agreements in case the movie success instead of popular ones that would take a while to get to given their demands and age limitations.

I'm not trying to downplay this, but if I were Fiege, I would swallow my pride and take another crack at the Inhumans regardless of the consequences and just say that previous attempt was a Hollywood mess gone wrong.

I just don't see the Eternals being boosted into the higher ranks at Marvel even if the Movie is a success.

However as fans of this Obscure group: What do you think of it ?
    Guardians of the Galaxy

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They don't need to boost them they have a movie coming out. They just need a solid book that doesn't get canceled the movie will do the rest. Some fans don't get if a book can hold a consistent audience marvel is happy not every book has to be Spiderman or Wolverine numbers. Marvel would be fine with a mid-tier book that sticks around and so they can keep using the back catalog and creating new stuff.

Inhumans has got a God push and yet they don't have a team or solo book from the main players for Inhumans. There is no pride to be swallowed Eternals have just as much potential as Inhumans and they have an overall better enemy(my opinion) in Deviants in general(plus Thanos) where you can just tell self-contained stories against them and be fine. A solo book from one of the Eternals main players like Sersi, Ikaris, Gilamesh, Makkari, Hyperion,Thena,Starfox and become their "Thor" sticking around would be okay result as well.
    I wouldn't call it a God push. They just appeared more and had an event to explain their presence. Plus, a lot a readers were cynical and needed a safe space from Moon Girl, Mosaic, and Jane Foster's Thor, etc. They were caught up at a time when comics were being very experimental. A God push would've been a movie with a Guardians of the Galaxy budget, but readers could've ignored the inhumans books and carried on.

The inhumans are tied into the Avengers, FF, etc. The Eternals is another species that they can explore. Maybe now X-Men fans are realizing there's more than two species on planet Earth.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I wouldn't call it a God push. They just appeared more and had an event to explain their presence. Plus, a lot a readers were cynical and needed a safe space from Moon Girl, Mosaic, and Jane Foster's Thor, etc. They were caught up at a time when comics were being very experimental. A God push would've been a movie with a Guardians of the Galaxy budget, but readers could've ignored the inhumans books and carried on.

The inhumans are tied into the Avengers, FF, etc. The Eternals is another species that they can explore. Maybe now X-Men fans are realizing there's more than two species on planet Earth.
    If ever anything got a God push it was the Inhumans. To try and say otherwise it just a flat out falsehood. The Inhumans were EVERYWHERE. They were pushed so hard even though it was pretty clear from the start that it was not taking off, but Marvel just kept pushing because they wanted a replacement for mutants. It was that simple.

If the rumors are true that the MCU's Hercules is going to be tied to the Eternals more than a set of Greek deities (a la Thor), then maybe start there and do a Herc-centric book, either solo or a team spinning out of the current Avengers: No Road Home run, that is about a quest to find the Eternals. Then spin all of that into a book with similar trappings to what the film's going to be, in terms of cast.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    If ever anything got a God push it was the Inhumans. To try and say otherwise it just a flat out falsehood. The Inhumans were EVERYWHERE. They were pushed so hard even though it was pretty clear from the start that it was not taking off, but Marvel just kept pushing because they wanted a replacement for mutants. It was that simple.
    They had a comic book event that featured them. People liked some characters and they stayed. They never replaced anyone. Pushing a conspiracy that Marvel was out to get the X-Men, when we can see that The X-Men were never canceled, is a reaction of fearmongering. It never happened and was never going to happen.

The next thing people we'll be saying is, "Marvel doesn't need the X-Men, they have the Eternals." It sounds that ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post

They caught a really bad break with the TV show not being good and being move off the MCU slate but you can't sell going from from no ongoing Inhumans books to multiple books and solos Inhumanity, Inhumans, Karnak, Moon Girl, Ms Marvel, Mosaic, All new Inhumans,Uncanny Inhumans,etc. Marvel basically switching Inhumans to popular source of superpowers . Changing heroes like Quake and Original Human Torch to Inhumans .Oh yeah Attilan is now in New York center of the Marvel universe and large story which tied in event (Inhumanity) ,Thanos son being a Inhuman,An Inhuman being catalyst for Big Event Civil War 2. As not a "Big Time push" aka the God Push.

That is not just showing up more and overall the Inhuman God push actually work except once again The Royal family can't seem to find a formula to hold a ongoing series. And while they are center of Inhumans existing I would have love to see that Inhuman push without the Royal family being focal pointed because they got prime story spots and stop new characters from being story important. So there is no Nuhuman around with importance enough to carry a book about group of Inhumans. While this sounds like a bashing Royal Family I am not the Inhumans franchise would be way better shape if they had pushed Iso Reader or someone to level of Black Bolt and Medusa. I think Royals are better with a counter point but this a topic for another day/thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I mean nothing against the casting thus far, but if Angelina Jolie is going to be playing Sersi, then I hate to say it, but maybe it would be wiser to cast her as someone else...because give the actress demand in movies and also her age...I mean de-aging tech can only go so far within the current movie landscape. Also it would be better to cast an unknown actresses and Actors in a role for long term agreements in case the movie success instead of popular ones that would take a while to get to given their demands and age limitations.

?
    Uhhhh Jolie is one of the ony actresses j can think of that can pull off Godhood....she stole Brad Pitt from Jennifer Aninston...Gid level right there

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jesus. Why is everyone throwing a fit at this Angelina Jolie thing. It's still a rumor and I don't think it was even said that she would be Sersi. Even then Marvel has cast 40+ actors as protagonists of new franchises already. I guess because they're men no one really thought much about it...
    lol right!?!!

Ultimate Member

Maybe Angelina is like Cher or Raquel Welch, and still going to look amazing at 70, and can totally pull off an immortal thirty-something for the next decade or so? (Perhaps using the technique out of Death Becomes Her?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Maybe Angelina is like Cher or Raquel Welch, and still going to look amazing at 70, and can totally pull off an immortal thirty-something for the next decade or so? (Perhaps using the technique out of Death Becomes Her?)
    Probby but she's 45 now
    She's got 25 years to keep up her appearance i meeean MCU is going strong but i don't think they'll be making 'Eternals' movies for eternity
    lol

Oh my gosh #Cher4MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Oh my gosh #Cher4MCU
    a recast of Black Widow?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Oh my gosh #Cher4MCU
    Dr. Strange 3, starring Cher as Morgana Le Fey!