Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Right here
    Whats your take on this preview? It seems silly to me.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

The voice of reason to Scott's depression session and Logos' edge-sharpening seminar should be someone with a functioning brain like Dani. Not Alex, who this same writer was portraying better and more logically last year as a down-on-his-luck underdog looking for redemption and not an authority-undermining yet simultaneously bootlicking hypocrite who's most significant contributions to the team are vague allusions to made up versions of past events because continuity is a bitch.

Alex in this book is like if Loki joined the Avengers and started lecturing them about honesty and transparency. And then started accusing Thor of murdering a child and ranting about what an unforgivable crime that would be.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    So, Scott is being blamed again for the X-Men disappearing even tjough he was dead? Nice.
    He’s the New Canada lol.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The voice of reason to Scott's depression session and Logos' edge-sharpening seminar should be someone with a functioning brain like Dani. Not Alex, who this same writer was portraying better and more logically last year as a down-on-his-luck underdog looking for redemption and not an authority-undermining yet simultaneously bootlicking hypocrite who's most significant contributions to the team are vague allusions to made up versions of past events because continuity is a bitch.

Alex in this book is like if Loki joined the Avengers and started lecturing them about honesty and transparency. And then started accusing Thor of murdering a child and ranting about what an unforgivable crime that would be.
    Dude, we don't even joke about someone writing Loki that bad.

Alex, however, is written so poorly snd inconsistently that it doesn't matter

But seriously, Alex always is his worst when you pair him with Scott. Or if the writer is Remender and he's on some sort of drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, it's just that Alex questions and accusations are stupid because they make absolutely no sense and ignore previous stories. Why is Cyclops being blamed for the X-men being gone when he was dead and Kitty and Jean were in charge? Why is he being called a mutant supremacist, or at least someone that ignored problems that didn't concern mutants, when he did the exact opposite? Why is he being accused of being tyrannical when virtually every other issue in some runs (Gillen's most notably) had the X-men discussing problems and how to approach them (and try being tyrannical in a team that has people line Namor and Magneto)? Why is he being accused of promoting hate if Bendis' run ends with a peace march? It's just ridiculous.

Here Here. Or being blamed for being possessed by the Phoenix because Ironman shot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Here Here. Or being blamed for being possessed by the Phoenix because Ironman shot it.
    And Scott is working with the guy who lied to the Avengers to start the whole AvX incident anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    And Scott is working with the guy who lied to the Avengers to start the whole AvX incident anyway.
    Lol true. You think people would cut eachother a break post resurrection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Oh, Alex. Shush and let the real leaders [Scott, Logan, and Dani] talk, OK?

Best thing from this preview...
    Attachment 81116
    Thanks for admitting it, Cap. Clearly must be Mystique in disguise.
    "l've always respeced you"
    A+X anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    "l've always respeced you"
    A+X anyone?
    Does that even count anymore?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    What is this? Some fanart, lol?! Don't you remember what Scott did in the last arc of Neil Gaiman's X-Men Perrywinkle last year? The Picasso art was beautiful.

"Reality is collapsing and it's all your fault for not filing your W-2!" -Havok, X-Men v. IRS (2015-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Oh, Alex. Shush and let the real leaders [Scott, Logan, and Dani] talk, OK?

Best thing from this preview...
    Attachment 81116
    Thanks for admitting it, Cap. Clearly must be Mystique in disguise.
    That or Emma constantly mind-controlling Steve. Either way, it's definitely some Hellfire shenanigans and I think Scott and Logan sort of know that.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The thing with Scott being accused and blamed of everything that ever happened is that there is demand for it. Look no further than this forum, for example. In a way, the book channels through Havok, Hope or whoever's available, what fans of other characters think of him. The least you can say of the X-Office is that they listen to the people to some extent. They did that throughout NOW!, they're doubling down on it currently and, like Scott does, we have to make our peace with it.
    The problem is that's ALL they're doing. Havok's acting like a poster who thinks Cyclops is wrong, but that's the end of it. No one ever challenges what he says or acts with any coherent thought. Havok just reads a line off of a CBR post about how Cyclops is evil, then Hope reads a line on how Cyclops is right without anything really being challenged in an interesting way. If they actually added it into the dialogue for an ongoing conversation instead of just making it the conversation, I feel like Havok would be a lot more bearable. Especially because this isn't the same fun Havok that Rosenberg was writing in Astonishing or even the little bit we saw of him in #12 where he said he should've been in Scott's place and was even tearing down the government prison. I suspect we'll get the flip side with Hope but Cyclops won't question whether or not Hope actually knows what the hell she's even talking about if her point is contrived and directly contradicts in-universe events like Havok just did. I hope I'm wrong though.

They can not make Alex point out something specific about Cyclops was wrong because then the narrative falls apart.

They have to continue with ambiguous and pointless accusations in the hope that if they repeat them enough in the end they will be true

So who will lick Scott's eye hole when he removes his bandage? Without getting their face blown off.
    Last edited by Jalysia; 04-12-2019 at 02:11 AM.

Alex is more like a brother of Steve than of Scott, by which I totally mean appearance.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Does anyone know what happened to gambit and rogue? I follow mr and msr x but it seems to be on a different timeline, I don't recall them being stuck in the AU with the others.....
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to gambit and rogue? I follow mr and msr x but it seems to be on a different timeline, I don't recall them being stuck in the AU with the others.....
    They are living adventures in space and Mojoworld.